James Bond, style icon?

CelineChic

Reaction score
Three days ago I was speaking on the phone with my brother about wedding plans and such. I mentioned that all the guys including him will have to get fitted for tuxedos. He then energetically said “Ooooh I’m getting a James Bond tuxedo!” I kind of laughed it off thinking that he was joking. I couldn’t take that comment seriously!

Yesterday evening I went out with my friend who got married two years ago and we started talking about wedding plans and dresses. Then the topic of tuxedos came up. She then told me that it took all her and her mothers efforts to stop her husband, brother and best man from getting the James Bond tuxedos. I cracked up in laughter telling her that my brother had mentioned it.

Tonight my boyfriend was watching television and I went to sit next to him and laid my head on his chest. I then told him that I didn’t know what flowers to pick because I would want his vest and tie to match the color of my flowers. He then said “No way! James Bond doesn’t wear a vest with his tuxedo!” :doh:

Can anyone explain this to me? Why is James Bond the only style icon for hetero males? Is it because he always gets the ladies?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol!! Yeah whenever my brother has to get dressed up for something, he always tries to copy his outfit from James Bond. It's probably because he always gets the ladies plus he has a guy's dream job.

Yes. Because he's debonair, looks good, an 'English gent', and pimps the ladies.

It's also a coincidence that so many people in your life are loving James right now!!

I'm glad that the men in my life aren't the only ones in the world with the James Bond tuxedo obsession. I found it really strange :blink:

I guess I'll have to work extra hard to get the men in my wedding party to look like they're in a wedding party and not fighting Goldfinger....or something like that.

What...I'm hetero...I'm male...I can't stand James Bond. Give me Ziggy Stardust and Mick Jagger as style icons please. The new Bonds are dressed in Brioni which is conservative and cut very boxy Italian-style. The old Bonds were dressed by Savile Row which is a much slimmer cut.

A lot of why James Bond has a mass appeal as a style icon to hetero males is because of the fact that he's a perfect balance between chic gentleman and kick *** action dude. The clothes, the gadgets, the girls.....it all plays a part.

PrinceOfCats said:
What...I'm hetero...I'm male...I can't stand James Bond. Give me Ziggy Stardust and Mick Jagger as style icons please. The new Bonds are dressed in Brioni which is conservative and cut very boxy Italian-style. The old Bonds were dressed by Savile Row which is a much slimmer cut.

Mick Jagger!? I guess you like the spandex pants :wink:

Sean Connery as James Bond being a style icon I can see...it's the whole attitude. The new Bonds not so much.

I get a great kick out of watching old James Bond movies, especially the ones of the seventies, you can really see how quickly fashion changes in clothes and interior designs. However, I have always noticed that JB's suits do not look so laughably outdated as the girl's outfits/hairdo's or the furniture. The suits are superbly cut and very low key. I guess that is the key to looking classy. And if you have a good physique, you look good in a towelling robe!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->