Jason Wu S/S 11 New York

I haven't been won over by him just yet, but this looks pretty good so far. Unlike all of his other collections this doesn't seem so forced and so studied.

103977529.jpg
103977602.jpg

103977408.jpg
103977458.jpg

103977475.jpg
103977522.jpg

103977524.jpg
103977499.jpg

gettyimages

I would wear every. single. piece.

Oh gawd I'm adoring all of this. First of all, a big applause for his runway setting. That window showcasing the buildings as the backdrop and a simple metallic blue runway? I just love that. Now the clothes are truly effortless and timeless while not being boring. I'm really adoring that second to last look in post number 20 with the tweed coat and glasses. Just simple yet cute and chic. Plus, the cocktail dresses and evening wear are divine as well, especially the one on Liu and the gown on Ginta. Personally, the day wear is my main attraction the most. Btw, that black suit on Karmen with the ruffled bandeu is really stunning.

I freaking love this collection! I'm not a huge fan of big bows but it somehow works here. & I'm really liking the turbans. :P

As someone else noted, the first few looks were incredibly derivative. I don't know why he's doing turbans now and please no more wool formal shorts! but once it segued into the skirts and dresses it was classic Wu and so so beautiful.

Surely it's not the most groundbreaking collection but it's still pretty good
I love the easy chic pieces and the tailored ensembles,not to mention the pink gown on Karlie and the blue on Ginta(definitely my favorite from the whole collection)
Also really liking the runway!!

Lots of classics, very wearable and saleable (nothing really cutting edge). The gowns and the pants looked elegant. Almost 40s movie stars, Kate Hepburn etc.

I generally find NYFW quite boring and even though nothing fron this collection is really exciting not groundbreaking I dont find it to fall into the "pretty" category ... yes, there are some beautiful pieces and some trends shows seems derivative of other designers and shows but there are some really nice pieces in between ... I honestly believe there is a piece for anyones wardrobe right there ...

PS **Reminder** This is the "Designers and Collections" forum, not "Supporting Cast". PLEASE avoid referring to dresses as for the one x or y model is wearing, its confusing. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see someone someone will take Oscar de La Renta's place, but it's typical New York fashion. Comfortable and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->