Jeans alterations in London

Leeda

Reaction score
hi!

Anyone got any tailors in London they can recommend for shortening the hems of jeans? I bought a bewtiful pair of Seven jeans and I want a polished alteration look on my jeans.

thanks

mmm thats difficult. You could go to Jeeves of Belgravia (they have various locations) but when I get my jeans altered (the last pair i got altered were Habitual and were too long by about 3 inches) and I just took them to my local dry cleaners who also do alterations.

I think just clearly state how much you want them taken up by and I'm sure most seamstresses will give a proffessional looking hem. As Meg says you can try in drycleaners...I think some department stores also have alteration services if you've bought the jeans from them...

yeah I found findin a local seamstress quite hard which is why I opted for the dry cleaners. But I did define the length at home by myself so I just dropped them off and said 'hem them to here'.

I was planning on washing them first and then working out how much I need taken up.

I hate being short :(

Would Selfridges offer something like this?

I might end up going to Jeeves of Belgravia though as there is a store across the road from my work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->