All About Your Jeans...

As a guy it's always hard to find really slim fitting jeans. I totally love the ones by Criminal Damage. I own 4 different styles of them and they are just great and comfortable to wear!

Today I tried on the new Levis Bold Curve and I have to say wow. Normally I have a gap in the back when wearing jeans but the Bold Curve fits perfectly. Finally some jeans that are suitable for my body type.

I have so much trouble finding jeans that fit properly. I'm just wearing a pair of Mossimo jeans, they do alright but were the only dark blue skinnies I could find in Perth (I literally spent all day, driving around to different shopping centres searching for a single pair). I just can't find a pair that fit me properly, they're always loose round the thigh area.

I liked this article in WSJ, probably because I do many of the same things for my jeans, haha - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703632304575452082044100428.html

I find that though some brands work for me better than others, the only way to find perfect jeans is to try everything and learn from experience. My best dark skinnys are from H&M (19 euros!) but my best faded skinnys are from Diesel. After a while, you learn to tell from touching the material whether the jeans are any good.

In my opinion jeans made of thicker denim are better, and the stretch content (lycra, etc) should be less than 5%. They shld also pass the "squat" test - you can squat comfortably without the waistband sliding down ridiculously.

Shops like Diesel have lots of different styles of one cut (eg for skinny jeans, they have several models) so you may have better luck finding something that suits you. For instance Matic and Liv are both skinny, but Liv looks awful on me while Matic rocks. My cheap fave is H&M, way better than Topshop. Uniqlo and Nudie have limited fits, but their denim is excellent.

I'm dying to try the new Levi's Curve styles to see if they're worth the hype.

Today I tried on the new Levis Bold Curve and I have to say wow. Normally I have a gap in the back when wearing jeans but the Bold Curve fits perfectly. Finally some jeans that are suitable for my body type.

I'll have to try those -- I have a horrible time finding jeans that fit my waist AND butt. Lane Bryant ones fit nicely but they're not super stylish. Does anyone know if the Gap curvy styles are any good?

The best luck I have had with jeans the past few years has been with Seven for all Mankind. They have been my staple. Their Ginger jean is my favorite.

OLD NAVY!
Best/cheapest/most resistant pair of jeans I bought IN A WHILE. for 40$!!

Waist is perfect (not too low, not too high either), skinny but not too elastic, AND have lasted over a year!

Gap jeans: long and lean, skinny and the sexy boot. All 3 work great for me and a value to boot!

Women's Premium Denim with Longer Inseams?

I'm having the hardest time finding jeans with a 35"+ inseam.

Anybody have any personal experience or suggestions for a brand & cut/style?

Thanks in advance!

:flower:

Joe's Jeans and some J brand styles . . . I have a 34" inseam (might be a little longer now) and Joe's covered my entire foot too! Longest jeans I have ever seen.

I really like Dish jeans. They have a wide variety of styles and come in up to a 36" inseam.

Let's Talk Jeans

All I see these days are slim fits and straight cuts.

Is it considered fashion faux pas to wear bootcuts and flares?

What are your favorite brands?

I don't know, maybe slimmer fitting jeans are more in style right now, I tried on some skinny jeans at Zara recently, my body type is more suited to bootcut jeans, I think skinny jeans would only look good on me if I wore really high heels with them.

Right now slim and bootcut are primarily what I'm seeing on the street ... the trendiest at the moment are the super skinnies. But, straight or bootcut jeans are the most flattering in general ... almost anyone can wear them and look good. Then again, flares and wider cut jeans are very flattering to the wide hipped girls who need an illusion that the hips are only sightly wider than their legs. I think that various widths will probably always be around just for that reason. Better to have jeans that flatter your particular shape, than to look "trendy" but weird.

However ... there's every indicator (lot's of designers have show them for this spirng) that it's going to change to flares. Not the radical flares of the 70's ... slimmer in the leg with just a sight flare at the bottom. Not sure the average person is ready for this yet, or not ... probably not.

Jeans styles change about every 5 to 7 years .... remember several (5 to 7) years ago when every one was wearing super low rise jeans? I said then, that we'd see higher waisted jeans soon (not the high waisted "Mom jeans" of the 80's, but definitely higher than the top of your pubic bone where everyone was wearing them, then) ... and everyone said they'd never wear them. But guess, what ... they are wearing them now. And now, baring the tummy like that seems so ..... yuck!

Of course, I find that it usually takes a few years for the general public to shift their attitude about a change in shape from the time designers start to show them. So ... In spite of them saying that flares are hot this spring, I don't think the average person will make the move at least until next year ... but it's probably even a couple years away.

What will swing the early adopters is seeing them on celebs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my comment fits in here as I was looking for a jeans-advice thread! Can anyone recommend a cheap enough pair of black skinnny jeans? I want a pair that are quite soft and will withstand a fair amount of washing as, if I'm honest, I'm not that careful with the washing instructions with my everyday clothes. Anyone have any suggestions?

^^^Well there was a thread titled 'the skinny jean scene'. It was active a few years ago. The only pair of durable skinny jean I own and seem to with-hold wearing and washing are my cheap monday pair.

At the moment most of my jeans are skinnies. I do have a pair of wide legs and older pairs of bootcuts which I no longer alternate into my jeans wear. I don't consider it a fashion faux pas to wear boot cuts and flares. Just as long as it fits and flatters it shouldn't matter. On another hand I do believe skinny jeans will remain and probably become staples and classics like the plain white t-shirt, the trench coat and the little black dress. Jeans with various rips, excessive fading, bleaching and embellishments are the types of jeans which go out of style regardless of cut (straight, flared, wide leg, skinny).

all i see are skinny jeans . I like slim and skinny jeans better than flares and boot cuts. but i do own some boot cut jeans. high waisted jeans are in now and eventually skinnies will die down but not for awhile probably

Have any girls bought Nudie jeans? I just heard of them and they seem pretty cool but it's a guys line, although on their site it says their style do suit women..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->