All About Your Jeans...

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever stop wearing skinny jeans or straight legs. They've been a part of my wardrobe (in my emo-ish days :rolleyes:) since about 6th grade. I just bought a pair of Gap Always Skinny, very dark denim and they're so classic. I'm all about skinny waist-highs at the moment as well. Found a vintage pair of levi's and bought a brand new american apparel rendition.

As for 70's jeans, do we mean waist high, flared or wide leg. I would definitely consider these a classic as we see them roll in and out "of fashion" ever so often, but always in time for the fall 70s obsession.

aulait, looked up Nudie jeans. I love their mission. However, I always find it a little ironic that items for saving the world are always offensively priced :innocent:. In Nudie Jeans case, I don't know if the product is worth it.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever stop wearing skinny jeans or straight legs. They've been a part of my wardrobe (in my emo-ish days :rolleyes:) since about 6th grade. I just bought a pair of Gap Always Skinny, very dark denim and they're so classic. I'm all about skinny waist-highs at the moment as well. Found a vintage pair of levi's and bought a brand new american apparel rendition.

As for 70's jeans, do we mean waist high, flared or wide leg. I would definitely consider these a classic as we see them roll in and out "of fashion" ever so often, but always in time for the fall 70s obsession.

aulait, looked up Nudie jeans. I love their mission. However, I always find it a little ironic that items for saving the world are always offensively priced :innocent:. In Nudie Jeans case, I don't know if the product is worth it.

I love the Gap dark skinny jeans too. I hope they keep them in stock for a while. I just purchased some J Brand 70's flare's with cute front patch pockets as well as their lovestory jeans just to mix it up.

i'm frustrated lately with the flimsiness of the denim on the market. i wear jeans all the time and have many older pairs from lucky brand, acne and superfine that were medium weight denim and really NICE. the only way i can find a jean with some weight to it now is to spend a small fortune on either junya denim or rick owens. the selvedge is my favorite and so hard to find in the us.

at least the higher waist is making a comeback. sick of seeing tushy's.

I am so not bored with the skinny & straight leg jeans scene. I actually really really dislike flare jeans, bootcuts are fine. I havent seen anyone who looks flattering in flares.

Guys & Gals,

Whats the opinion on guys wearing

1) Straight leg jeans

2) skinny jeans

I personally hate seeing guys wearing skinny jeans. I just looks wrong and very feminine, skinny jeans have no relevance to masculinity in my books.

On the other hand, I mostly only wear straight legs as they really accentuate my legs and height & while they are exactly convey a very masculine look, they are quite smart yet casual... a look that I wear.

Thoughts would be interesting to read.

I love skinny jeans on men! Well, not on all men but that goes for women too.. If you have a slender body then a dark-washed pair of skinny jeans should be included in your closet regardless of your gender. There is also the age factor (thinking of Danny DeVito in It's always sunny in Philadelphia, haha) to consider, I'm fine as long as my man steers far away from anything that's bleached and boot-cut :sick: . I also prefer the skinny-jeans to be styled more "rock" than "hipster" but that's just my taste :flower: .

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm frustrated lately with the flimsiness of the denim on the market. i wear jeans all the time and have many older pairs from lucky brand, acne and superfine that were medium weight denim and really NICE. the only way i can find a jean with some weight to it now is to spend a small fortune on either junya denim or rick owens. the selvedge is my favorite and so hard to find in the us.

you are 100% right, i was at the Gap a few days looking around and i was scoffing at how lightweight their jeans are.

but come to think of it, i havent seen any medium weight jeans at saks or barneys lately either. :unsure:

I love light denim! R13 has the best denim, it's super light, like a second skin. The heaviest denim I have is by PRPS...I love their styles to death but I can never wear them comfortably! They're so rigid!

you are 100% right, i was at the Gap a few days looking around and i was scoffing at how lightweight their jeans are.

but come to think of it, i havent seen any medium weight jeans at saks or barneys lately either. :unsure:

I think this has something to do with the increased cost of materials...cotton in particular, which, depending on what articles you read are going up 10 - 30% in price. I was reading this on yahoo news several days ago: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/20/1424049/retailers-have-tricks-up-their.html

It basically says that retailers are trying to to hide the increase in cost by keeping clothing prices the same while giving you less for the money. For jeans, in particular, there's this snippet from that article:

Teen retailer Abercrombie & Fitch is advertising "Redesigned 2012" jean collection in its stores and on its website, touting that the jeans are "softer, with the perfect amount of stretch." They're also mostly priced $78 to $88, about $10 more than last year, according to Jennifer Black, who heads up research firm Jennifer Black & Associates.

Sozzi, the Wall Street Strategies retail analyst, examined the jeans and believes they are "thinner" and of "cheaper quality." That extra stretch, he says, simply could mean the retailer is saving costs by using less denim.
I like heavier weight denim myself - preferably more on the rigid side. It helps hold me in. :P

I really need to go shopping for some new jeans.

I have only three pairs of jeans in my closet. One is really old, but holding up well. Another is getting old and I think I start to see holes coming. The third, I bought recently from Diesel because it was the least low-rise of them all and had a decent length inside leg (I'm short). However, after a few wears and washes it now sags and looks really unflattering. They were expensive, too. :doh:

Can anyone help me find what I'm looking for? I have a kind of a long check-list and am really struggling simply to find jeans that are NOT low-rise and affordable...
- Can be bought internationally. Either the store it's available in has shops in Taiwan, or I can buy it from a website that ships here.
- EUR75/USD100 and under. I don't have much money to spend and would like a few pairs.
- Mid-rise. Stopping somewhere around 2 inches below the belly button, sitting on high hips. It's the most flattering for me.
- Skinny (preferred), or straight.
- Inside leg of 30", but I'd settle for 32".
- Variety of colours available.
- Small/short back pockets. (Not as important, but really does wonders for my bum.)

i'm really happy with these Current/Elliott high rise skinny jeans. they're not as thick as my old standard (Acne Hex) but they have a similar if a little more flattering of cut. I'll probably just buy 4 pairs of the same.

My best pairs of jeans were a pair of black skinny jeans for $30 (or $10 on sale hehe) from Glassons. They're comfortable and unlike most skinny jeans, are actually skinny on me.

A pair of very dark, almost black, navy blue J brand skinny jeans, I got on sale for $60 at a vintage/consignment store called Wasteland here in San Francisco, they are perfect and not too stretchy (which i despise) and not too stiff and itchy. They are perfect because they are really long which when you're 6'1" with a 35" inseam helps a lot. And they aren't too tight around the ankles which I find slenderizes the calves more. I finally understand the hype around J brand jeans.

baggy jeans...

why does it seem that only Japanese or asian brands make a loose high waisted jean that is cropped and tapered at the ankle...
kind of like the traditional monpe Japanese work pants...
I mean...I cannot find them to save my life except on some crazy sketchy website from somewhere in Asia or for a bajillion $$ from someone like Junya...

then there are the mid-level Japanese brands who seem to do this but they are so hard to get in the US...
even if they make that style, the US stores don't stock them...
OR- they stock something that is all ripped and torn and/or has some absurd amount of ugly embellishment...

argh!!!
:judge:...

I guess maybe vetements might do something like it but I'm not stupid or crazy enough to pay almost $2K for jeans...
:doh:

I am still going with skinny jeans, though last summer I tried few times ankle length and straight ones, but it was really hot summer here, and now it is cold again so the straight ones were forgotten months ago, back with skinnies. My absolutely fav model is Diesel's SkinnyJees, I have them in four color, black, basic dark blue, then little different shade of dark blue and lighter blue ones. They fit me perfectly and the fabric feels to be good quality. Only problem is they cost here, depending on shade, 160-200€, which is REALLY expensive for me. Luckily they are long lasting pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->