Jil Sander Mens S/S 2013 Milan

Impeccable collection !! I'm literally in love with those white & beige pieces. The tailoring is indeed amazing, and I love the elongated silhouette. There's something very austere in the lines, the purity of the coats and the suits. However the touch of color and those interesting prints give a more graphic and youthful aspect to the collection. Structure is also a key point here.

really booooooooooooooring. I have the Prada SS2011 collection in mind, BUT the Prada collection was edgy, the location, the styling, the shoes, this concept of ER fashion.

This collection has no soul, it just screams "sales".

As I admire the non ostentatious approach of the collect., I might have to agree on the sales point. For it doesn't bring much new to the table. :/ There are many pieces that've been intorduced by various other brands and which belong to some menswear trends of even several seasons ago, plus some done by the Raf himself. Those t-shirts are particularly starting to bore me.

excellent...
can't wait for the womenswear now~!

:clap:

Those two-toned tailored pieces (burgundy and cream) are just impeccable, and I am loving the surprise polka-dot prints. I did not doubt her, and its great that she was able to slide right back in perfectly :heart:

Why are those shoes square-toed?

As plus: I will be in the shops next spring to buy the trousers.

Any review from the big guns? Would like to know what they think!

This is exceptionally beautiful, so glad she's sticking to beautiful tailoring and her minimalistic traditions :heart:

Any review from the big guns? Would like to know what they think!

New York Times loved it:
http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/at-sanders-show-watching-a-masters-work/

And this post on Charlie Porter's blog is quite awesome, he shows the collection upside down in order to point out the exquisite tailoring:
http://www.charlieporter.net/charlie/?p=3454

Last edited by a moderator:
Bland collection! Am I the only one who hated the loose shorts?

i like that charlie porter review! it seems an amusing context but i love the way he dissected the elements.

Certainly Jil's esthetic.

Clean lines. Minimal. Simple.

The Square toes shoes are amazing. The very clean and blunt lines of the shoes follow the same clean lines of the clothes.

She played with graphic prints ...but the writing and lettering is very similar to the clean lines of the color-block cardigans.

There is something very square about all the pieces...hence the square toe shoes.

The shorts are amazing. Full cut and loose fitting. The proportion is new and refreshing.

Beautiful collection.

Solid collection, if I may say so myself. As good as Rafs better collections..way above from whatever Milan did..and a step up from her own previous menswear offerings from years back.

I think there's something here in this collection for everybody. Bold patterns, or not-so-bold patterns? Check. Basic black, or bold bursts of colors? Check. A roomier cut, or something more fitted? Check. Can't really say the same about other collections I've seen recently.

I love how on this collection she went back and forth between her aesthetic and Rafs ... its not like a dramatic change.

Her stuff still very commercial but I am very surprised to see this much pattern.

Those coats and the bright pieces are to die for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->