Jil Sander S/S 2015 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Jil-Sander-Milan-RTW-SS15-2417-1411226320-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

I was utterly bored the entire time. Although a nice collection in many ways, for some reason it didn't feel like Jil Sander at all. It kind of looked like he tried to blend the fall LV collection with the minimal sander aesthetic, but kind of failed. A very big let down...

Yea I really just don't know. Despite this being a rather nice collection, it evoked nothing but wistfulness and boredom from me. I'm looking forward to seeing where Paglialunga takes the brand from here, but I'm having a hard time letting go. Very few things about collection felt like Jil Sander which in a way makes it easier to see....

this collection is better suited for Jil Sander Navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like it a lot, it is very well proportioned, modern, minimal without being boring at all. It will be very easy to wear this collection. Great first collection!

I'm guessing he tried to do the same grandpa-chic look that was going on at Bottega Veneta, but it just doesn't work. It looks straight up old. It's just the styling, though, as there are some very nice pieces here.

It's not a bad collection per se, but I'm not convinced. Something about it feels terribly imprecise, which feels wrong for Jil Sander. Moreover, I don't know if it's the pictures or the styling, but some of the skirts seem terribly unflattering :ermm:

This is just his first collection, so there will probably be a lot improvement in the future...

The problem here is that it looks like a very basic idea of what Jil Sander is. While these types of products have always been the bread and butter at Sander, I find it very unnecessary to showcase it like this. For the show collection he should have worked more with the artistic cutting and texture, and forget all about the boyish sweater and boxy shirts, which quite frankly make this collection look very COS... and that is where such top-level minimalist label should not be any more. Jil always emphasized the more structured pieces, fabrics and innovative pattern making in her shows, and to me that is more the essence of Jil Sander, the subtle artistry, rather than a cute simple tennis shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the skirts are unflattering, what about those shorts! :shock: Nobody is going to want to wear this, it's terrible.

I think the collection is not really bad at all. I find some great looks that are modern and chic. The my only problem about this collection is the leather socks.

I don't really understand the parallel with Bottega Veneta or grandpa chic. This is the exact type of style that I prefer on myself and I think it's very contemporary and chic. The collection itself is very basic and safe to say at least, but at the same time, everything looks very wearable and cool. I would love to own most of the pieces except the leather socks, that is just an interesting styling detail.

The most unattractive element of this collection is the colour palette. Those primary shades of red and blue are so damn ugly. I also hate the socks/shoes situation, but there are elements that are nice, it's not an entirely awful collection.

I agree it's contemporary and chic on its own.I quite like the fact that it looks basic, good start though.

I got more of a Victoria Beckham vibe than anything else. It is a very safe collection, but I do like it.

so many problems...
so many...too many to go into...

the colour palette is pleasing to me, though...
it's always odd when i am walking around thinking of something - and then - BAM - there it is...

i was literally in my closet yesterday thinking just how amazing brown is with navy and how much i like burgundy with navy...
and- woot, there it is!...
:lol:...

it's a bit weird...
the feeling that there is something in the air that is bigger than each individual...
some web that connects us...

i hope i'll like the next effort better and that we will be even more in sync next time...
:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->