Jil Sander Mens S/S 11 Florence

i'm only feeling the colors

the clothes themselves and the styling do nothing, NOTHING, nada, zilch for me...

Didn't realised its today. what a pleasant surprise. but am not sure if this collection do it for me. just a litle too missoni!

Finally some colour for us Men!

Some of the prints were quite Missoni, as per what JuiceMajor said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nay, I don't like it :( Very disappointed, actually. Raf has the tendency to make things look a bit too high street at Jil Sander menswear, and this collection is one of them. This looks like one of those Swedish brands, like Tiger of Sweden or Filippa K. and that's not a good thing. Making the hundreds of bright colors and mixing them together with minimal silhouette looks a bit boring and obvious these days. It worked in 2007 when he did it first time for the house, but now this theme has been totally sucked dry by the mass-market.

What a generic and average collection
Just add some color to t-shirt and pants and voila you have a brand new collection,you could find those colored shirts everywhere,there's no need to pay more than $200 for them...
The multicolored striped t-shirts are SO copied from Missoni

love the colours :heart:
not the most unique collection though

Last edited by a moderator:
could you, plz, host the images on something else than imageban ?
the site's been blocked where i am ...

thanks in advance :wink:

this collection seems like an homage to Todd Oldham ca. 1994.... i love it :wink:

if i could pick just two collection of Milan fashion week, it would be costume national and jil sander... both for me are so chacteristic in its simplicity... but C´N´C is for casual look and comfort of every hard work day and Jil is definitely fun... i love this Jil colour party... really love it

I hate writing this, but this reminds me of Burberry SS05 menswear, with all the bright colors..although the difference being the color in that collection flowed very harmoniously w/ one another..in this collection, the colors all clash with one another and all look rather garish..You can easily tell Raf doesn't do color all that much.

But, I must say: those white floral-print shirts are absolutely adorable, and probably the only thing I'd ever consider buying from Jil.

I hate writing this, but this reminds me of Burberry SS05 menswear, with all the bright colors..although the difference being the color in that collection flowed very harmoniously w/ one another..in this collection, the colors all clash with one another and all look rather garish..You can easily tell Raf doesn't do color all that much.

But, I must say: those white floral-print shirts are absolutely adorable, and probably the only thing I'd ever consider buying from Jil.

raf simons does so much color in his eponymous line and he has quite a history with jil sander using color. usually, it's a monochromatic look however. i like that he mixed it up this way. it's a bold directional statement. anyone can wear just one bold color, but can the modern fashion consumer pull off multiple?

I'm late to this, but I was hoping to get some new perspective on the show after the initial disappointment. Still not seeing it, though. The collection is nothing more than a mashup of some structured basics and the elements of one of Raf's recent collections at his own label. (Was this spring the one with the snakes? His clothes have become so irrelevant it's hard to remember what season that was.)

I appreciate the bold saturation, but pretty colors and an amazing venue don't add up to a success.

For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind was 'Saved by the bell' (yes, the nineties tv-show), I'm not quite sure that's a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"