Jimmy Choo H&M Collaboration

I just find it a little bit ridiculous how much the pieces from the H&M collection are copies of pieces from actual Jimmy Choo collections.
JimmyChoovs.jpg

Picture cred: My own

Yeah, that's true, but I also think that some of these pieces are quite outdated, and that's probably because they're not new.
I wasn't really that impressed with this collection, partly because I felt I had seen the shoes before. But then again - I'm probably not who they're going for anyway.

Yeah, that's true, but I also think that some of these pieces are quite outdated, and that's probably because they're not new.
I wasn't really that impressed with this collection, partly because I felt I had seen the shoes before. But then again - I'm probably not who they're going for anyway.

I bought the red patent sandals, for example.. nothing new, I know.. but I thought that they are classy and I can use it every year without care about fashion trends so I don't care spent 80€ & they still are Jimmy Choo, made in China of course :innocent: but always JC

I bought the red patent sandals, for example.. nothing new, I know.. but I thought that they are classy and I can use it every year without care about fashion trends so I don't care spent 80€ & they still are Jimmy Choo, made in China of course :innocent: but always JC

great if you got them for retail price. but why on earth do people bid on them when they're twice the price on ebay, almost or already equaling the ebay prices for the 'real' ones. or at least, why do sellers think people would bid on them for twice the price... just trying to understand lol

Most of the collections, infact, almost all, have had main line pieces "reworked". Cavali replicated dresses almost exactly, Stella used the same jean's pattern block for her H&M skinnies as her main line collection.. and so.

It sells better if people have already seen the much higher priced versions about I'd imagine!

isn't that also the allure? get pretty much the SAME item that would usually cost like 5-10 times the H&M price?

of course it's lesser in quality, but seeing how most of those collections are based on cocktail dresses, club wear, outfits you'd wear out for night outings and rarely stuff you'd wear everyday or too often, it doesn't really 'need' to be of the same quality.

not really for me. i like the idea of the H&M collab being seen a diffusion line with its own character for example: not marc by marc but more drkshdw or converse by JV.

But then I am the type of guy that if there is a more expensive better version that is my goal. the cheaper one would only play as a temp till i buy the "official" piece. though i do enjoy the different colorways.

Last edited by a moderator:
The H&M ranges aren't supposed to be seen as a diffusion range really. Even diffusion ranges carry much higher price tags than the H&M ranges.

Stella and Matthew Williamson in particular said their collections were "best of" ranges, a sort of greatest hits from their mainline, available to people who do not have the luxury of being able to afford it normally.

Personally I think that's what they should be. In some cases it works out even better. Matthew Williamson and Jimmy Choo have never done men's pieces, and the first opportunity to own anything designed for men by them was in their H&M collections, which is pretty great to me. You're actually getting something that's not even available normally through these labels.

Yeahyeah, I agree - I like when you can see that the designer designed the collection, but at the same time I also want something different.
That Stella used the same jeans pattern is fine by me, but when almost the whole collection is an exact copy of older collections, I'm a little bored.
Sure the buyer should feel that they get a "real" Jimmy Choo piece for less money, but at the same time, I would feel a little run over if I had spend a long time on saving money for a pair of Jimmy Choo sandals, only to discover that I can get the exact same piece in a different color for 1/5 of the price.

Personally I think that's what they should be. In some cases it works out even better. Matthew Williamson and Jimmy Choo have never done men's pieces, and the first opportunity to own anything designed for men by them was in their H&M collections, which is pretty great to me. You're actually getting something that's not even available normally through these labels.
oh and i agree. i for one actually liked the Williamson mens line and wish he continued with his main collection (can't say same for choo).

I for one, would have just liked to see something unique all around. Which is funny how you say it works out better for Williamson and Choo because it was something new! These H&M collaborations are one time very limited deals. It gives the designer the possibility to pretty much design something new and exclusive that doesn't really hurt the "integrity" of their higher end lines.

Obviously, I am not a designer so I am speaking for myself and I would love to use the collection to play around instead of going through old sketches. Though I would have my regular line to focus on so I wouldn't think too hard about during something extravagant for H&M!

It was a MENTAL experience! Frantic women frothing at the mouth, pushing and shoving, yelping... Feral :smile:
I only managed to score a suède belt and t-shirt, even the men's side had been plundered! Probably by aforementioned women for their hubbies. Love my shopping bag + complimentary clothes hanger,though :-)

I ended up buying a few bags, few belts, a wallet and a scarf. Thinking of returning something though, not sure how much use I'd get for all of them. Does anyone know anything about the return policies? Someone was talking about 5 day returns somewhere? And was just wondering that is there cashback available always? (Just moved to a new country, don't quite get by with the language yet (Austria & German) so having quite a hard time looking stuff up on hm.com).

Absolutely loving some of the pieces though, the brown bag is quite nice (although not liking the fact that it is probably STILL available. Was waiting for everything to be more limited... A bit of disappointment. But oh well.

The H&M in Newcastle only had two rails, with everyone crowded around. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of the Menswear items, but I wasn't to fussed.

Did anyone else noticed the boxes that are available, near the desk? What are those for? Gifts?

^ The menswear wasn't available at the Newcastle store. It only went to about 5 stores in the whole of the UK.

Newcastle, and other stores, were sent clothing stock from the Oxford Circus store, which transfered out most of the collection on the actual launch date, due to the fact it couldn't handle the people!

Yeahyeah, I agree - I like when you can see that the designer designed the collection, but at the same time I also want something different.
That Stella used the same jeans pattern is fine by me, but when almost the whole collection is an exact copy of older collections, I'm a little bored.
Sure the buyer should feel that they get a "real" Jimmy Choo piece for less money, but at the same time, I would feel a little run over if I had spend a long time on saving money for a pair of Jimmy Choo sandals, only to discover that I can get the exact same piece in a different color for 1/5 of the price.

well, i'd say "sucks to be that person".

That won't happen - there is a huge difference in quality and finish. I saw the collection irl today and I went immediately back and cancelled my online order.
I don't think the original Choos are worth the price either, I'd never buy them. Let's not fool ourselves - it isn't quality you're paying for. And the H&M shoes are ridiculously overpriced for what you get. But I did order one bag because (from what I've heard) they're actually pretty nice

I've bought expensive bags before, and I've bought one of the JC for H&M bags and I'm thoroughly pleased with it. The quality and finish on it, for the money, is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->