Jimmy Choo H&M Collaboration

My BF was drooling over the mens bags as well...but he has plenty of them :lol:

i splurged and have purchased the size 4 black leather one shoulder dress on ebay. i'm going to weep if its too small:cry:

hoping the reports here are right that it runs large.

I don't think the original Choos are worth the price either, I'd never buy them. Let's not fool ourselves - it isn't quality you're paying for. And the H&M shoes are ridiculously overpriced for what you get. But I did order one bag because (from what I've heard) they're actually pretty nice

That is your opinion. Nevertheless there is quite a difference between the real thing and the H&M stuff. It is up to you if you find it worth to pay for that difference, but you get a much better leather and a completely different finish (look for example how roughly the soles are cut on the H&M line) - no reason to close one's eyes for that fact. :wink:

I found the black leather bags ok except from the "snakeskin" border which looks cheap. The suede bags and shoes and the patent shoes were horrible. The suede used for the clothes was much nicer - pity they didn't use the same quality for the shoes and bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
H&M's return policy on these items is questionable IMO. in fact, it might be illegal in some states in the US. (ie not crediting a customer's credit card for a return only giving store credit).

the sad thing about jimmy choo for H&M is that that actually getting an item more like winning the lottery than shopping. the items are that rare.

why do this to people? its likely to piss people off if they cant get the item they want despite waiting in line for hours. or worse yet being forced into paying 100$ more than what the item retails for on ebay.

I don't know how much you got in the US, but there are SO MUCH left in Denmark still. Go to the biggest H&M store in Copenhagen and you will almost be able to find everything from the collection. And they kept on refelling the stock on the website as well.
I wouldn't call it limited - definitely not as limited as previous collaborations.

I don't know how much you got in the US, but there are SO MUCH left in Denmark still. Go to the biggest H&M store in Copenhagen and you will almost be able to find everything from the collection. And they kept on refelling the stock on the website as well.
I wouldn't call it limited - definitely not as limited as previous collaborations.

here in spain the collection were sold out in 2 hours! And I know that in Italy is the same story. :shock: The online shop only sell in denmark, right?

Well .. I don't really know actually. I actually thought they shipped everywhere, but I think you're right. I know they ship to Denmark, so I would think that they ship to all the other Nordic countries as well - Sweden, Norway and Finland, but I'm not sure.

H&M's return policy on these items is questionable IMO. in fact, it might be illegal in some states in the US. (ie not crediting a customer's credit card for a return only giving store credit).

the sad thing about jimmy choo for H&M is that that actually getting an item more like winning the lottery than shopping. the items are that rare.

why do this to people? its likely to piss people off if they cant get the item they want despite waiting in line for hours. or worse yet being forced into paying 100$ more than what the item retails for on ebay.

Oh they have changed the return policy for the JC items? :shock: That is cruel!

I don't think they did that here in Denmark, at least I didn't hear about it.

Yeah, I also think this way of limiting the items is stupid. It makes no difference to the item whether it is sold in thousands or ten thousands.

The return policy here in the UK was a full refund, if you had your receipt and it was within five days of purchase. You only got store credit if you returned after five days, however I'm pretty sure they are able to refuse a refund all together if it's after the five days..

Yesterday I went to H&M and found almost all shoes Jimmy Choo for H&M in any size and the whole clothes collection.Russians do not fall in love with this collection. So funny!
P.S. I didnt't buy anything. I don't like quality of shoes and clothes look really boring

i didn't have time to go but i overhear while working on a shoot that it's completely sold out in dubai stores . apparently it was madness! bruises, rudeness and some woman bought 2000 $ worth of merchandise. this kinda thing really put me off.probably better off not having gone there.

btw, here is an interesting article from times online about jimmy choos risky strategy:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article6922105.ece

That is your opinion. Nevertheless there is quite a difference between the real thing and the H&M stuff. It is up to you if you find it worth to pay for that difference, but you get a much better leather and a completely different finish (look for example how roughly the soles are cut on the H&M line) - no reason to close one's eyes for that fact. :wink:
It's not the difference in "quality" that bothers me, it's the fact that both the H&M and originals are blatantly overpriced. I don't care how the soles are or aren't cut out, if you want to nitpick, you can find faults in everything, but neither of the shoes are worth it. Paying $900 for finish alone is crazy. And well, I think I'm not alone in that :lol:

But dang, the H&M ones are overpriced. They cost twice the amount of the normal H&M shoes, and they look the same :shock: Total ripoff. I bet that in the next 3-4 months we're gonna see a lot of H&M shoes very similar to the Choos anyway. Ugh.

Well .. I don't really know actually. I actually thought they shipped everywhere, but I think you're right. I know they ship to Denmark, so I would think that they ship to all the other Nordic countries as well - Sweden, Norway and Finland, but I'm not sure.

Yeah that's right. They have an online store here in Finland and also in Sweden, Denmark & Norway. Not sure about elsewhere though.. :huh:

its a shame the items werent more ltd. I went back on wed + they still had alot of stuff....+ ALL the mens. this was on oxford circus too.

It's not the difference in "quality" that bothers me, it's the fact that both the H&M and originals are blatantly overpriced. I don't care how the soles are or aren't cut out, if you want to nitpick, you can find faults in everything, but neither of the shoes are worth it. Paying $900 for finish alone is crazy. And well, I think I'm not alone in that :lol:

But dang, the H&M ones are overpriced. They cost twice the amount of the normal H&M shoes, and they look the same :shock: Total ripoff. I bet that in the next 3-4 months we're gonna see a lot of H&M shoes very similar to the Choos anyway. Ugh.

If you think they are overpriced then just stay away from them. Other people might disagree - that is a personal decision and there is no reason to make fun of that.
No you are not alone with your opinion, but since the company excists there must also be more than one who disagrees with you :wink:

By the way most of their shoes are far below $900 :wink:

Regarding the importance of finish I can only say, that some people care some don't. Like some people are satisfied with McD while others appreciate a Michelin restaurant (to make it extreme).

I think it is fair enough that the JC for H&M is more expensive than the regular H&M shoes. After all they are made of leather and although it isn't the best leather it still looks and feels much better than the bad quality plastic they usually use for their shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree that regular H&M shoes are sorely lacking. bad quality and expensive for what they are. i also think their lingerie is bad quality and looks cheap.

but by bringing in these designers (jimmy choo and sonia rykiel) only makes H&M's own designs in these departments look crappier.

So I went and bought everything I fancied from the collection. Been pretty happy with everything. Quite disappointed at how unexclusive most of it was. Sure there was only 6 of the leather jackets, 3 of the suede bags (got one) and only a limited amount of the scarves and belts (was the 2nd person in the mens' section so got to actually see everything quite well). But way too many of the shoes, the brown bags (I love mine!) are probably still being restocked in Vienna... I'm willing to pay a lot more for "exclusivity" (not looking like every other person on the street), but please keep the collections limited like they have in the past! (Don't know if Vienna isn't just as interested as Helsinki (where I'm from) or what the case is, but some of this just wasn't what I had expected.)

Totally loving these collections. Still I look quite different than most of the people from my "town" (seriously, this city can't be called one) since no one was at the launch, but still spend quite a lot of time in Vienna and blah... Just ranting away.

Like the pieces I got though. :P

are you kidding? there's virtually nothing from the women's collection left!

if you want exclusivity, there are some stores in Vienna which would cater well to your taste :lol:

I just got a letter from H&M saying "Due to an administrative error we were unable to process your order. Please visit our website and order the requested items again."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Anyone else had this problem?

So I went and bought everything I fancied from the collection. Been pretty happy with everything. Quite disappointed at how unexclusive most of it was. Sure there was only 6 of the leather jackets, 3 of the suede bags (got one) and only a limited amount of the scarves and belts (was the 2nd person in the mens' section so got to actually see everything quite well). But way too many of the shoes, the brown bags (I love mine!) are probably still being restocked in Vienna... I'm willing to pay a lot more for "exclusivity" (not looking like every other person on the street), but please keep the collections limited like they have in the past! (Don't know if Vienna isn't just as interested as Helsinki (where I'm from) or what the case is, but some of this just wasn't what I had expected.)

Totally loving these collections. Still I look quite different than most of the people from my "town" (seriously, this city can't be called one) since no one was at the launch, but still spend quite a lot of time in Vienna and blah... Just ranting away.

i have an idea...why dont you simply buy the rest of the stock...that way it would be more "exclusive".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->