John Galliano S/S 2011 Paris

This is all over the morning shows in Australia at the moment. Which I thought was a little weird, but they keep going on about how much they love it, and considering, particularly as Channel 7 is a VERY comercial station, it's quite a big deal they've mentioned it, and as far as I know, haven't talked about other shows- so..... I'm guessing critics just love love love it. It seems VERY well recieved, and I have no doubt we'll be reading glowing reviews in the days to come.

john galliano completely blows my mind with the level of his creativity and the amount of work product he puts out every year, but if one tracks his collection, the more creative his wares for christian dior the less focused and impactful his offerings for his eponymous house. thankfully, all of the hallmarks remain -- unlike when the creative ebb recedes at dior and we're left with nothing -- and that makes this collection good, but not great.

perfection so inspiring and let s not even talk about the shoes they re to die for

John Galliano - S/S 2011 Preview/Full Edited Show in HD (Exclusive on You Tube)

What an amazing place to hold a show in!
The collection looks too much like SS2010 to me though.

I like some of the outfits that reminds me of his couture shows for dior in the past, mostly the "dance" collection and its ballerinas.

it's not bland, but it's slowly verging towards current Dior...

and seriously, i've counted at least 7 different trench coats on the first page already. just.... don't. leave the trenches to Bailey.

watching that video made me love the collection even more!
i particularily love the show, the models' poses and attitude
fit the clothes so well, and the runway and music just... ahh!
the makeup was perfect for the clothing and the pieces are
very well crafted to what his muse was. it all just went together
so well in my opinion/.

There were some really good pieces in their, but i can't tell sometimes what is wearable and what isn't. But some good pieces. I want more excitement though.

I really like it. It's got the light, fun touch that I appreciate in Galliano's designs

I love this collection. John never dissapoints. The garments are just beautiful. What John does is just pure art. I really just wanna take a LARGE LONG pointly NEEDLE and inject some of this into Dior, cause I have no clue wants going on their :lol:

Though for most of his collection you might not understand what he's thinking, I think, at least for this collection, he clearly is trying to convey something, not some haphazard justaposition.

I always have high expectations from a designer so creative and imaginative as John Galliano. Unfortunately, this collection was a little mild, at least for my taste. When i see a Galliano collection, i'm expecting fireworks and this was quite mediocre.

One is an orchestral version of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and the other is an orchestral version of Love Child by the Supremes.

Also at the very end when John walks out, it's David Bowie's "The man who sold the world" - the Nirvana version.

John Galliano - Spring Summer 2011 - Full Show (Exclusive on You Tube)

Full Show (Part 1 and Part 2) and Interview with John Galliano

Beautiful collection. Quiet, slightly-restraint, slightly subversive and yet there was still that iconic-Galliano flare. Much stronger than his collection for Dior this season....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->