Jourdan Dunn is Pregnant!

what is the time frame at pregnant women are not allowed to fly???
is she about 7 months now???
just thinking it was a bit unsafe for her to fly to do the JPG show...

i dont think so. my mom flew from africa to america at 9 months and give birth a week after so i think it safe. and beside it not like a rocky road. plane ride is very nice and soothing.

what is the time frame at pregnant women are not allowed to fly???
is she about 7 months now???
just thinking it was a bit unsafe for her to fly to do the JPG show...
good question, i'm sure that if there was any danger involved, she would've had been warned. :unsure:

If she was going from London, she might've got the Eurostar.

i dont think so. my mom flew from africa to america at 9 months and give birth a week after so i think it safe. and beside it not like a rocky road. plane ride is very nice and soothing.

The problem with flying during pregnancy is not that it could be rough or something, it has to do with the increased radiation in higher altitude. But the issue is controversial amongst scientists. Like smoking, drinking etc. high radiation during pregnancy can lead to malformation, but the risk is much higher if you have to fly regularly (as a pilot or stewardess for example). Most physicians recommend to fly only during the second trimester. :flower:

I read her Teen Vogue interview, and she said it was hard to tell her Mom, because she would be disappointed, but I hope she can balance being a Mother and Modeling. I like her as a model.

i'm sure it's hard telling a mom that you're pregnant.
it's actually quite scary i believe. but i'm sure it'd be more
scary and regretful if she would've told her mom that she just
had an abortion.

i cannot wait for the baby to arrive! :D

LOL @the person who said Jourdan was on a "hip-hop" blog. I think they may have meant black celeb gossip site... hip hop is a musical style, doesn't equal black (race).

I'm pretty sure JPG gave her some extensive medical coverage and whatnot to convince her to fly over to Paris :wink:.

And as for the Teen Vogue, true, unplanned teenage pregnancy isn't a positive issue, but I think the article put her in a positive light by going into how she's able to carry on with life, the baby, telling her mother, her career, etc despite her unplanned thing.

and the controversy begins :rolleyes:

Source: MSNBC
Pregnant teen graces cover of Teen Vogue
When Jamie Lynn Spears revealed she was expecting a baby back in 2007, the question of whether a pregnant teen should have a starring role on a television show that targets a young audience was broached (Spears played the lead on Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101.")

Now the magazine world enters into a similar dialogue as Teen Vogue’s November issue, which pictures a pregnant, unmarried 19-year-old model on its cover, hits newsstands.

There’s nothing about the cover that would indicate that Jourdan Dunn, who is the first black model to walk a Prada show since Naomi Campbell in the 1990s, is pregnant. She looks no different than Chanel Iman, who is also pictured, and the accompanying cover line says simply, “Teen Supermodels Jourdan and Chanel on their rise to the top.”

Not until you read the accompanying piece does the subject of Dunn’s pregnancy come into play. Toward the end of the interview, Dunn says her unplanned pregnancy was “really hard,” and “all I could think about was what my mom was going to say, my agency, my boyfriend.”

From all indications in the piece, all parties are supportive of Dunn, who is due in December.

A representative for Teen Vogue said that they didn’t know Dunn was pregnant until after the photo shoot, and production schedules, among other factors, led to the decision to keep the cover in place.

Whether or not you think it was right of Teen Vogue to go with the cover, it's obvious that the coverage of teen pregnancy continues to evolve. Spears’ pregnancy forced a lot of families to have a conversation about why the young star was no longer on the television and was instead pictured in tabloids posing at her baby shower.

More recently, there are the challenges that came with Bristol Palin’s pregnancy. While Palin has mostly stayed out of the spotlight since giving birth to son Tripp in December, the baby's father, Levi Johnston, has become a part of mainstream media for no reason other than impregnating the right politician’s daughter at the right time.

If Spears and Palin weren’t enough to spawn a dialogue about teen pregnancy, Teen Vogue will certainly advance the conversation, whether we’re ready for it or not.

That article is just anticipating controversy. Isn't saying much about the cover.

Not sure why it was necassary to mention she isn't married. :rolleyes:

Best wishes to Jourdan, I really hope she's not reading any of this..she's a gorgeous girl and will surely be an amazing mum, best of luck for her new adventure!

oh great whatever they need something to talk about. for all i know she an adult. if jourdan was to killed someone guess what she would be charge as an adult. i wonder if she had gotten pregnant at 20 if all this bs will be going on.

Yeah she is unmarried but so are tons of Celebs, like Angelina, Halle,Jennifer Hudson but they grace the Covers of magazines. Jourdan is young, yes but she is an adult at 19, she isn't a high school student with no legal rights to sign documents for herself.I understand the big uproar with Jamie Lynn more because she wasn't even 18.

Foxy Brown
Lord have mercy, I'm so controversy
:lol::rofl:

whether it's good or bad buzz, Jourdan is being talked about.
I understand she's a very private person, but she's becoming a celeb in the fashion world.

Seems like Teen Vogue might have canceled Jourdan had they known she was pregnant or had more production time to re-shoot the cover.

I still haven't heard any media outlet be downright nasty/mean/rude about her pregnancy, if anything they are using it open a social dialog about unplanned teen pregnancy. Jourdan has yet to be slammed by any substantial source. I think it's because she's not really known outside of the fashion industry like the other teens who got pregnant.

What's the big deal, there are pregnant 12 year olds in Britain in a far worse situation? She's classed as an adult here, and just because she's a teenager, it shouldn't make any difference than if she was 21. It may be purely because she's unmarried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->