Jourdan Dunn is Pregnant!

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by á la Balenciaga, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lilli_Anita

Lilli_Anita New Member

People are being so ridiculously judgmental.

Everyone's different. I know 15 year olds who have gotten pregnant, and more often than some of you believe, they rise up to the challenge miraculously. I also know women in their 30's, who are happily married, who get pregnant, who have had their walls crash down around them. You never know how things will turn out, especially when you have never even met the person in question.

Anyways, I wish Jourdan the best of luck. She has a huge fanbase both in here and within the fashion industry as well, and that does count for something. I'm sure that she will come back harder than ever.

2. brianna

brianna New Member

Thanks for posting that Vogue article! I don't even follow this girl's career but decided to check out this thread and was a little shocked by some of the comments. I hope she continues to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. :flower:

3. libbabyqueen1990

libbabyqueen1990 New Member

:flower:thanks á la Balenciaga she seems happy and thats all that matters. we love you jourdan.:heart:

4. platinumpink

platinumpink New Member

I know I should be happy for her but I can't help feeling dissapointed.

I know some posters will probably e-stone me for saying this but I'll say it anyways. You can't compare her to other models that have had babies because her situation's different to theirs.

Also, with the whole thing about catwalks not having enough variety, I feel that Jourdan has been given a lot of push in the industry over the past year just because of the controversy about the fashion industry being racist, and that no one really cares about her career. It is/it was up to her to really make her mark over the next several years. With her background, I expected her to have made the most of this rare opportunity and at least have waited till she was 21. oh well. I'll just have to find another black british models career to follow whilst Jourdan's away.

Arlenis, Chanel, sesillee... your time

*Gets off soapbox*

ETA: I just saw the vogue quote... well at least she's happy.

#104 platinumpink, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 24, 2009
  5. fashionvictim199

fashionvictim199 New Member

oh i am looking forward seeing the first pics :)

6. chanelnumber5

chanelnumber5 New Member

Dear goodness, people really need to calm down. People seem to assume that anyone under the age of 21 who has a baby is doomed to be a total failure of a parent and incapable of bringing up a child. For a start, until about 40 years ago it was extremely common for people to have children in their teens. Also, one of my closest friends had a baby at 17 and she is one of the best mothers I know and is also starting the beginning of a promising career. Age does not dictate the quality or 'readiness' to be a parent, although it may be a factor

Shes young, I'm sure her body will bounce back and hopefully get more modelling work - although I guess she might struggle.

I'm personally happy for her, and wish her a healthy pregnancy and an easy birth for her baby :flower:

7. AriLove

AriLove Active Member

Totally agree! From the article she seemed absolutely happy and serene! If she's that happy then i can't help but feel the same for her! Can't wait to see the , surely adorable, little boy ^_^

8. á la Balenciaga

á la Balenciaga Active Member

Well, this pregnancy wont stop her, by what it was said in the Vogue article

:clap:WORK!!!:lol:

9. J'ador-DioR

J'ador-DioR New Member

Liya Kebede was 3 months pregnant when she walked exclusively for Gucci. She took a little over a year off, came back...and her career sky rocketed after booking the YSL campaign. I bet the new mommy glow will do wonders for Jourdan's career :)

#109 J'ador-DioR, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Eurydice: Jul 24, 2009
  10. kbella

kbella New Member

^ Ditto, she looked far from pregnant in those recent shows. Glad she has a boyfriend and lots of support. She should model for Topshop Maternity or something.

11. Crakk

Crakk New Member

I agree J Ador

12. modela

modela Well-Known Member

I think that people are going way to far in judging her and saying you are dissapointed in her is sad .Are you people serious !!!Jourdan , congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. unknownLady

unknownLady New Member

I think its not judging her. at least not for me! When Im saying "its sad" I dont even think about her baby or her family Im thinking about her in the modeling industry she is kind of "childish" to me. Im just sad cuz she is /was my favourite model and its sad I wont see her anymore on the runways ok mabye in 3 years maybe ... anyway I wish her the best:flower:

#113 unknownLady, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Kobe: Jul 24, 2009
  14. LegsXI

LegsXI New Member

reading that vogue interview, as long as she's happy I'm happy for her! :flower: I feel a bit disappointed because I'm worried about her career but maybe that doesn't matter to her. and to clarify I'm not disappointed in her! I'm just personally disappointed cos we won't be seeing much of her, for a while anyway. and I think the people who are disappointed in her are just disappointed she'll be not working for a while because they're fans of hers and if this is what she wants then they should just be happy for her.

15. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Wow, surprised but that's great that she is happy. As long as it was not unexpected is great! If her career is over due to pregnancy, then that is purely stupid. I doubt it is though. B)

16. -AmericanDreamer

-AmericanDreamer New Member

Let's just hope she doesn't follow Beverly Peele...

Source

I don't think she will though. I can tell that if Jourdan wants to, she can continue to model. The fashion industry seams to be a little more forgiving now, and a face and personality like Jourdan's only comes about every 15 years or so. She has so many fans too, I think we'd all buy a cover with her on it. Perhaps this will be Jourdan in a few months...

[​IMG]

So, I think this news is a little shocking at first considering she seams just a child herself, but I want to say congratulations to Jourdan because I know that she will raise this baby with the help of her family, and with the best of her ability.

models.com

#116 -AmericanDreamer, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 24, 2009
  17. Miss Mod

Miss Mod New Member

Agreed. I'm not going to judge, and if she wants to balance modeling and a baby, I'm sure she can make it work. I hope to see her by F/W 2010, but it could be S/S 2011 too. I'm surprised she's that far along though. In the recent photos, you can't tell at all. I may be in the minority for this, but I think the string of expecting in style stories are kind of redundant. Isn't one story about one model enough?

18. darkbloom

darkbloom New Member

It's a good thing birth control is 100% effective! Oh, wait.

19. Inaya

Inaya vertebrae by vertebrae

this thread is embarrassing.

All the best to Jourdan and her little angel on the way. :heart:

20. Party_Vixen

Party_Vixen Making a Mess

AmericanDreamer please provide the source for the image in post #116 or it will be removed. Thank you :flower:.