03.jpg
04_zhandra_blouse_&_jodi_jean.jpg
04.jpg
05_rita_dress.jpg
05.jpg
06_gish_dress.jpg
06.jpg

Jovovich-Hawk.com

They're all on milla's website, millaj.com.
Despite what I'd said earlier, I quite like this collection. I really love the vintage influence as can be seen in the babydolls, ruffled sleeves, bibs and yokes.. it makes you wonder though, how much of another era are you expected to 'borrow' from until it's considered 'copying'? That being said, the collection has this sort of indie-girl hipster sensibility that I kind of like as well.

Last season they sold their tights for about $400 and this season their clothes aren't appealing at all. What rang their cash register is Jovovich appeal as a model and actress. People buy their clothes because they want to be Milla, just like the kids bought JLo because they want to Jennifer Lopez too. It's that simple.

manolocraver said:
Last season they sold their tights for about $400 and this season their clothes aren't appealing at all. What rang their cash register is Jovovich appeal as a model and actress. People buy their clothes because they want to be Milla, just like the kids bought JLo because they want to Jennifer Lopez too. It's that simple.

i don't think that's true at all; i've seen their dresses in stores and they're rather lovely. they are a little bit bohemian/out there at times though; so i think it really depends on one's sense of style.

OMG! this jovovich-hawk thingy are soo inspiring seems can't get enough of it

IMO, most of the pieces on sale on net-a-porter could be from an high-street store, say mango or Zara. Remember seeing this usual, cheap-looking bohemian "twisted" brown belt from them, and it was like 400$ i think. Looked like 20$. Some of it's nice, indeed, but very overpriced.

Danica Patrick wearing Jovovich Hawk during Heart Truth Red Dress Fall 2007

source: Wireimage

La bordélique said:
From which collection is Irina's brown dress? I've been browsing the collection archives and can't find it.

i think irina's brown dress may not be part of the/any collection. it's a backstage shot so it could be what she was wearing that day...

borjacapella said:
i think irina's brown dress may not be part of the/any collection. it's a backstage shot so it could be what she was wearing that day...

It was a backstage shot from Proenza Schouler and style.com stated that she was wearing Jovovich-Hawk. I guess it was only her jacket, because her tights were Anna Sui!

I love this dress from the fall 07 collection!!
the "odette" dress

1176885662_cd59ce9a95.jpg

1176028443_0b0d4d0820.jpg
pics from style.com

and this one for Holiday '07

1176932614_a9bd137fcc_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the vintage-y element of the latest collection. Something very sweet and nostalgic about it... Probably the only celebrity-clothing collection/line I actually like.

What's with the crumpling around the nipple area on the odette dress? I wouldn't put up with that personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->