June/July Sales 2005

Caffeine said:
Could you PLEASE take a look at women's stuff? :rolleyes: expecially for small sizes. I would love to come down from Boston if there are things to look at.

ok, i'll look. but i always get distracted when i'm in the women's section by all the girls changing right in front of me - one of my favorite part of sample sales :D . there might be a big difference in stock (or lack thereof) between today and saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
My god, the Helmut Lang sale sounds so absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that the store has held on to old stock from seasons past makes me wonder if other places do the same.... maybe I need to question Peter some more at Dior on a non-busy day hehehe.

I'm planning on stopping by that Louis Boston sale... maybe they'll have some Cloak jeans or something that'll be worth my money.

Albert, you gotta stop buying!

Maybe tomorrow I will.....

today wasn't a good shopping day in london(sadness..) but i need to know whether its worth getting this jacket in white at 75% off?
28f.jpg

damn it sucks not having internet yet..I swung by Helmut today after edk told me to check it out and was sad to see most of the good stuff swiped up. I did though pick up a white long overcoat, gray jeans and a nice button up shirt, all for $300.00! I contemplated getting the patent leather white shoes that I wanted, but the pair in the box were beat up pretty bad I decided to pass. Pics tomorrow.

Most of the good girls stuff are all gone, all I've seen left are pants. Mens blazers were all huge sizes.

faust said:
i am going tonight and i am taking requests :D
oh crap, i'm probably wayyyyyy too late, but I'd take a good cheap bracelet or belt. especially if they have any rope accessories left, which I'm guessing they don't. Oh, or if they have a pair of those shoes Bakla got or something similar in a HL size 7 (US 8), I'd take those.

^ I saw a rope bracelet in one of the bins. Most of the mens shoes were beat to dust.

mouko said:
^ I saw a rope bracelet in one of the bins.
Oh God!!!!!!!!!!! Someone...anyone...grab it for me if it's still there. I'll pay you via paypal or whatever.

I'm desperate. :lol:

So today wasn't the last day of the Helmut sale? If not, when?

I like it...sort of a safari jacket, but sharply tailored....

travis_nw8 said:
today wasn't a good shopping day in london(sadness..) but i need to know whether its worth getting this jacket in white at 75% off?

Century 21 is having its summer clearance. Lots of items are Pay Half of the already reduced price.

Theory, last day is Sunday. I went today, and I bought two things, I'll post in the holic thread.. Alex, there weren't any rope bracelets and I rammaged through the entire accessories bin.

Faust I will check your post in that thread (can't find a link to my stuff as they are tagged actual samples) but I'd like to get your overall impressions of the sale/review...I was pleasantly surprised and most of all, should I head back tomorrow for a last scavenger hunt (I love the fit of my stretch poplin shirt).

Theory said:
Faust I will check your post in that thread (can't find a link to my stuff as they are tagged actual samples) but I'd like to get your overall impressions of the sale/review...I was pleasantly surprised and most of all, should I head back tomorrow for a last scavenger hunt (I love the fit of my stretch poplin shirt).
I'm thinking of returning as well. It's really a scavenger hunt. I feel like a vulture, but I'll at least be well dressed! ;-)

Theory, you should post a pic of your pruchase as well - sounds great!

Theory said:

Hmmm, I think it's worth returning if you are a size 50, or if you are looking for jeans/jean jackets. Otherwise it might not be worth it.

theory...thanks for the heads up re-century...
one of the few places i can shop without guilt as i havea store credit i must use before i lose or forget about it...:D

i made quite a few purchases at helmut lang...both men's and womenswear...
i am torn between the guilt of spending the cash and the glee of the incredible pieces...:ninja:...:buzz:...:judge:

fyi.all girls...
most women's pants are a size 40...if you are small..you will have a better chance...
but all runway pieces are pretty much long gone..
and all the best footwear is the opposite....size 9,10,11...but some lovely (if slightly odd) shoes and great buys if that's your size...

faust said:
ok, i'll look. but i always get distracted when i'm in the women's section by all the girls changing right in front of me - one of my favorite part of sample sales :D .
sorry..but that's REALLY creepy... :ninja: :huh: :doh:
i saw one guy sort of lurking in the women's section while i was changing...
:yuk: :sick:
he was so gross....

softgrey said:
he was so gross....

Was he Faust? :lol:

softgrey said:
theory...thanks for the heads up re-century...
one of the few places i can shop without guilt as i havea store credit i must use before i lose or forget about it...:D

i made quite a few purchases at helmut lang...both men's and womenswear...
i am torn between the guilt of spending the cash and the glee of the incredible pieces...:ninja:...:buzz:...:judge:

fyi.all girls...
most women's pants are a size 40...if you are small..you will have a better chance...
but all runway pieces are pretty much long gone..
and all the best footwear is the opposite....size 9,10,11...but some lovely (if slightly odd) shoes and great buys if that's your size...

Thank you so much for the info! I guess I'll stay in Boston for the LouisBoston sale tomorrow. I am going to get up early B)
40 is big on me :cry: I'm petite and I lost almost 10 lbs since the hot weather came :doh:

softgrey said:
he was so gross....

excuse me! what is gross (well, i guess gross is not the right word :lol:) are a bunch of women shamelessly undressing in front of strangers for a shallow reason :P. what really killed me is a 45yr old couple with their five year old daughter there who were BOTH trying clothes in front of everyone - now that's creepy!

faust said:
excuse me! what is gross (well, i guess gross is not the right word :lol:) are a bunch of women shamelessly undressing in front of strangers for a shallow reason :P. what really killed me is a 45yr old couple with their five year old daughter there who were BOTH trying clothes in front of everyone - now that's creepy!

haha I saw them. I think she was a bit older, unless I'm thinking of a different couple, I remember them making her hold clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->