June/July Sales 2005

Helmut Lang sale update.

the store is filled with stock that goes as far back as 2001. markdowns are greater than 75% now.

i only had a look at the men's clothes:

$40 jeans
$50 jean jackets
$150 blazers
$250 leather jackets
$60 shoes

sizing is fairly limited, if you wear a 48 (EU) you'll probably be able to find something. smaller sizes were non-existant.

salesperson said the sale goes till sunday, and there is still stock in the basement, so they will restock the floor periodically.

that's my size.....sounds like it might be worth checking out after work.......and I'm a sucker for shoes

are they still taking credit cards or has it changed to cash only?

purechris said:
that's my size.....sounds like it might be worth checking out after work.......and I'm a sucker for shoes

if you are a 8 or 9 (US), you won't find much in the shoe department. there is a better selection for large (11US) and small (7US).

they're still taking credit cards.

kLm said:
They had 50/60 in the winter. And no, they won't normally hold stuff for you, but it depends on who you normally work with there. And it isn't a frenzy like it used to be.

I went to LB today and it was a little disappointing to me. Most of the small sizes are gone and they don't seem to have as much as styles as in the winter. I guess that I will just go and grab some skincare stuff.

DESIGNER SAMPLE SALE

what: sample sale - features Cut Cute Couture novelty tees, tops & ultra sheer cardigans, T-Bags handbags & clutches, O StudioWorks colorful glass artisan jewelry, Klean Bath & Body products, Stone scented & aromatherapy candles up to 80% off retail
when: 7/9/05-7/10/05, 11am-5pm
where: Cut Cute Couture @ 108 W 2nd St #906, Los Angeles CA

LISA KLINE ALLEY BLOWOUT SALE

what: sale - men's & women's designer clothing and accessories 20% to 755 off; 10% of each sale will be donated to the Cure Diabetes Now Organization
when: 7/7/05-7/11/05, 11am-7pm
where: 136 S Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles CA (310) 246-0907

THE DOCK DOWNTOWN

what: sample sale - modern and contemporary table, floor and arc lamps, new wood furniture, custom order upholstered sofas, loveseats and chairs, textiles, tabletops, gifts and more up to 80% off retail; RSVP at www.thedockdowntown.com
when: 7/9/05-7/15/05, Sat-Sun 10am-4pm, Mon-Fri 11am-5pm
where: 1481 E 4th St, Los Angeles CA

MONIQUE LHUILLIER

what: sample sale - bridal gowns and couture eveningwear 40% to 90% off
when: 7/14/05-7/16/05, 10am-6pm
where: 9609 S Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills CA (310) 550-3388

HOLLYWOOD SHOP TIL YOU DROP

what: sample sale - designer clothing, summer dresses, handbags, jewelry and more up to 80% off; free manictures, massages & makeovers; tickets $7 at www.kamishade.com or $10 at door
when: 7/16/05, 12n-5pm
where: Wyndham Bel Age Hotel @ 1020 N San Vincente Blvd, West Hollywood CA (818) 309-6490

TWELFTH STREET & LILY MCNEAL

what: sample sale - women's clothing 70% off retail
when: 7/22/05-7/23/05, Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-2pm
where: The Cooper Bldg 2nd flr @ 860 S Los Angeles St, Los Angeles CA
source: TopButton

SASSY CITY CHICKS

what: sample sale - a fun day of shopping and pampering plus a fabulous gift bag; $10 advance ticket includes sample sale + gift bag ($15 at door) and $20 advance tickets includes sample sale + free wine bar + beauty garden ($25 at door); advance tickets are available at www.sassycitychicks.com
when: 7/23/05, 9am-3pm
where: Area 101 Stage @ 1051 North Cole St, Hollywood CA

JOBYNA'S BRIDAL

what: sample sale - designer gowns up to 70% off and get an additional 10% off from 8am til noon
when: 7/24/05, 8am-4pm
where: Jobyna's Off The Rack @ 805 E Wilson Ave, Glendale CA (818) 248-0053

FIND BAZAAR

what: sample sale - find one-of-a-kind garments, shoes, accessories and whatnot from hot, talented designers/creatives with an independent point of view at prices of up to 70% off retail; also features DJs, free goodies, art, generous door prizes and more; $2 admission includes raffle ticket; CASH ONLY
when: 7/30/05, 11am-7pm
where: Sunset Stage @ 6063 W Sunset Blvd, Hollywood CA

SHECKY'S GIRLS NIGHT OUT

what: event - features over 50 designers slashing prices up to 75% off, complimentary cocktails, endless treats and fabulous goodie bags; tickets are $30 advance at www.sheckys.com or $40 (no goodie bag) at door
when: 9/23/05-9/25/05, Fri 10am-9pm, Sat 10am-8pm, Sun 11am-6pm
where: International Centre - Hall 6 @ 6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga ON (514) 851-5858

Last edited by a moderator:
purechris said:

i tried, but they close at 6. wtf? whatever.

amblus said:
if you are a 8 or 9 (US), you won't find much in the shoe department. there is a better selection for large (11US) and small (7US).

they're still taking credit cards.
Actually, the size 7s they have are Helmut Lang 7s, which are about 8 American. I got a pair of shoes for $60, down from $460.

baklanyc said:
Actually, the size 7s they have are Helmut Lang 7s, which are about 8 American. I got a pair of shoes for $60, down from $460.
That's the size I wear. *Goes and cries and pouts in a corner*

just a note for anyone in london- final reductions in selfridges- some decent stuff avaliable in superbrands. i got a couple of stripy marc jacobs tees and a ysl jacket at 75% off- can't be bad...

I actually ventured downtown today and checked out the Helmut sale today. I'd say there's still some stuff left if you do some digging. A bunch of jeans and pants were in boxes and there was no way that at lunch (and I trooped from midtown) I could sort through them, so I stuck to shirts, jackets and accessories. I managed to find a baby blue stretch button down poplin shirt which fits me perfectly for only $40. I was in heaven. They had a lotof the drapey, half shirts Helmut is known for, but I can't really get away with wearing that stuff (too muscular). Lots of jean jackets left for only $50. A lot of blazers were left which were $150, I found a forest green one I really liked and grabbed it (I don't have any green topwear). No good outerwear unless you were a tiny size, ditto this for the pants hanging on the racks...they even had 26W (maybe womens mixed in).....I was hard pressed to find anything above a 31......
The shoes were all $60, they had a decent pair of biker type boots with a silver embossing on the toe, but they were too scratched up for my tastes...also a pair of light tan summer shoes with an open weave from spring 01....I passed on these as well.

I had zero time to check out the womens stuff...sorry..give yourself some time here, especially if you want to dig through the boxes...no lines at checkout when I went...I thought it was kinda cute how at the check in they tagged the bags with a deck of cards. At these prices, picking up stuff just for EBAY may be a good investment.

I seriously need to stop reading all this stuff about the HL sale. It's making me feel worse and worse.

i luv morgan's sales
i got this for only £15
dressss.jpg

I figure this is the best place to ask Ive just gotten a job working at next for the sale weekend, this shop is like a riot in sale time. any one ever worked a store during the sales ?? any tips ???

AlexN said:
I seriously need to stop reading all this stuff about the HL sale. It's making me feel worse and worse.

i am going tonight and i am taking requests :D

faust said:
i am going tonight and i am taking requests :D

Could you PLEASE take a look at women's stuff? :rolleyes: expecially for small sizes. I would love to come down from Boston if there are things to look at.

I actually tried to convince my BF to go to NY with me for the sale; you all have me so excited! One of my fave pairs of summer sandals are Helmut Lang. But, he has some stupid Bachelor's party that he insists is more important! Can you imagine!?! JK. a little...
I guess I'll just have to wait for the Louis Boston sale to start...

valerie1115 said:
I actually tried to convince my BF to go to NY with me for the sale; you all have me so excited! One of my fave pairs of summer sandals are Helmut Lang. But, he has some stupid Bachelor's party that he insists is more important! Can you imagine!?! JK. a little...
I guess I'll just have to wait for the Louis Boston sale to start...

Sigh, talking about the LB sale......I was disappointed when I visited on Tuesday. Do you have any designers specifically in your mind?
I didn't see much small sizes left, let alone the collection is quite small. The Marni clothes are HUGE yet they have lots of Marni bags in the cabinet.
btw, they will be closed on Friday so if you want to "preview" the collection today is the last day.
I might eventually go to NYC instead...who knows :innocent:

I don't really have anything specific in mind... I usually just wing it. I was going to check out the Stil sale and Brianwood trunk show on Sat anyway. 30 percent off both plus champagne and munchies.

Caffeine said:
I went to LB today and it was a little disappointing to me. Most of the small sizes are gone and they don't seem to have as much as styles as in the winter. I guess that I will just go and grab some skincare stuff.

IMO, S/S sucked at Louis for men's. I don't know what they're getting for F/W designers; if it same ol', same ol', then I'm really just keen on Neil Barrett, especially since they dropped Cloak. Blah, I guess Alan Bilzerian will keep getting my money.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->