June/July Sales 2005

Theory said:
Saks is having an extra 30% off all reduced prices.

thanks Theory. Time to upgrade mrs. faust's ann demeulemeester part of the closet.

Helmut Lang is now 75% off the entire store. it's a bit of a feeding frenzy now ...

amblus said:
Helmut Lang is now 75% off the entire store. it's a bit of a feeding frenzy now ...

Oh geez, I really wish I was in NYC right now :shock:

AlexN said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll have to visit tomorrow... they're bringing in everything from their warehouse and just liquidating everything.

Although I'm quite sure my sizes are all gone...

Please do report back on the store stock at Helmut if and when you go.....I'd like to check out this clearance also, but won't be able to until Tuesday.....

I hope you have better luck than I did in the mens section. There was nothing that interested me at Saks in the mens dept this year. I was looking for shoes and the shoe dept on 6 and 7 is so weak now....it just seems like they didn't get the good stuff from fall 05. Lots of Varvatos (why the heck is he so expensive?) was hanging on the sale racks...who is really paying $500 for his sweater?

I didn't get a chance to check womens...

faust said:
thanks Theory. Time to upgrade mrs. faust's ann demeulemeester part of the closet.

baklanyc said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll have to visit tomorrow... they're bringing in everything from their warehouse and just liquidating everything.

Although I'm quite sure my sizes are all gone...
I posted my purchases on the Shopaholics thread, but I was told by the saleswoman to go back on the 5th,as there is supposed to be more stuff coming in. So Tuesday, you might be in luck.

After initially feeling bad about my one-and-only pants purchase (the only 30s in the the entire place - only large sizes remain, although if you're a size 9, they have a few interesting shoes left from Fall's metallic ostrich collection), I washed them and they fit tighter, so I'm glad I got them...

kLm said:
Alan Bilzerian's in Boston is having their sale; percentages off vary (seems to be from 30%-50%). This time, Carpe Diem is NOT on sale--maybe at some other point? Leather trousers for $2895 only! :wink:

Louis Boston starts their sale July 9th.

I am in Boston as well:-) yeah the Louis Boston sale will be a good one. They only had 40%/50% off in the winter but 50%/60% at this time. Do you know if they hold items for you before the sale day? I am trying to save a little energy on the 9th in the morning...and I know that it's going to be like a racing game there :P

Does anybody know if Solstice will ever have a sale? I loved a pair of YSL sunglasses but can't justify paying $200+ for a plastic frame :P

The website "There's No Place Like Home" (australian fashion & accessories designers) is having a sale starting today (4th July) for 2 weeks.

www.theresnoplacelikehome.com.au

There are heaps of great deals - up to 30% off some items.

bohomamma said:
Right now in London and Paris on designer wear like Chloe the discount is 30% right? I cant seam to get through to the sales floor, they blocked the calls. Anyone know the deal? Thanks

chanel in london don't answer calls during sale times- which i find a little OTT:rolleyes:

was at HL last nite.....the gold croc shoes are left in a size 9 that fits like a 10.....I'm a true 9 and the slipped too much.........they open up with more merchandise on the 5th.

rhiannonmars said:
Can anyone tell me when/if net-a-porter.com has/will be having a sale?

it started today...i feel like crap cuz i paid full price for alot of items on their website..not its almost half off :yuk: :angry: :cry:

purechris said:
was at HL last nite.....the gold croc shoes are left in a size 9 that fits like a 10.....I'm a true 9 and the slipped too much.........they open up with more merchandise on the 5th.

I think HL adheres to a British size system for footwear, so it's actually one size larger than American. Costume National and Prada do the same. I'm thinking to go tomorrow - is it worth my time and effort?

faust said:
I think HL adheres to a British size system for footwear, so it's actually one size larger than American. Costume National and Prada do the same. I'm thinking to go tomorrow - is it worth my time and effort?
I'm gonna try and go first thing in the morning when they open... they're adding stuff tomorrow (or perhaps did so already today) and I'm hoping for some good vintage Helmut finds. what was there was pretty picked over on Saturday, but the saleswoman said they'd add more by tomorrow. Since I work for a fashion company, I'm sure they'll understand if I ditch work for a bit for a good sample sale!

baklanyc said:
I'm gonna try and go first thing in the morning when they open... they're adding stuff tomorrow (or perhaps did so already today) and I'm hoping for some good vintage Helmut finds. what was there was pretty picked over on Saturday, but the saleswoman said they'd add more by tomorrow. Since I work for a fashion company, I'm sure they'll understand if I ditch work for a bit for a good sample sale!

can you PM me (or better yet, call me, haven't talked to you in ages) with your opinion on it? i am thinking to go after work (finance industry company, they won't understand),and you could save me time and effort. thanks in advance.

Caffeine said:
I am in Boston as well:-) yeah the Louis Boston sale will be a good one. They only had 40%/50% off in the winter but 50%/60% at this time. Do you know if they hold items for you before the sale day? I am trying to save a little energy on the 9th in the morning...and I know that it's going to be like a racing game there :P

They had 50/60 in the winter. And no, they won't normally hold stuff for you, but it depends on who you normally work with there. And it isn't a frenzy like it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->