Junya Watanabe A/w Tweed Trench Coat , Pics?

Ditto for the short jkt. It is a real collector's item imo:-)

How do you think about the JW Man + Moncler quilted jkts? I saw some in the warsaw Guerrilla. I think the outer fabric is beige checked tweed (or at least the pattern looks like it:-) Nice and very very warm:-)

http://mensnonno.shueisha.co.jp/from/COMMEDESGARCONS/

I saw also a JW orange/red woman short fluffy jkt in nylon, too, with arms "sewed" together with the body, like some of the Comme jkts from 1995. This one is superb.

Originally posted by Theory@Nov 12 2004, 07:06 PM
That's a great coat.
Dare I ask how much it was at Saks, Faust? :unsure:
I haven't been to Saks in awhile, but the XMas sales should be starting up soon!!!
[snapback]429386[/snapback]​

$1500-1600, I beleive. BTW, sales will start any day (I got the Barneys invite for this Thur), so call your Saks guy, maybe he can hold it for you (although I highly doubt it will still be there, they had only one, not even one in every size, but I think it was your size).

Originally posted by nqth@Nov 15 2004, 04:03 AM
Ditto for the short jkt. It is a real collector's item imo:-)

How do you think about the JW Man + Moncler quilted jkts? I saw some in the warsaw Guerrilla. I think the outer fabric is beige checked tweed (or at least the pattern looks like it:-) Nice and very very warm:-)
http://mensnonno.shueisha.co.jp/from/COMMEDESGARCONS/

I saw also a JW orange/red woman short fluffy jkt in nylon, too, with arms "sewed" together with the body, like some of the Comme jkts from 1995. This one is superb.
[snapback]432386[/snapback]​

I really like the plaid ones to, I lov eteh look of the arms and body together :heart: :heart:

the rest of them I'm not really impressed with.

runner, do they buy a lot of masaki?
Im also eyeing coats from him.

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 14 2004, 08:30 PM
Johnny, you bought that Junya blue/black striped sweater from this season, right? How is that sweater like? Is it really thin and lightweight, or is it still pretty warm? I'm thinking of getting that one...either that or another Junya sweater which is blue on one side and black on the other (i think it was something like that)
[snapback]431879[/snapback]​

I bought the grey and blue striped one - the one on Brownsfashion.com. IT is pretty thin and lightweight, won't really keep you warm to be honest. However, it is lovely. Don't know about the blue and black one - any pics? On sizing, I'd buy a size up if you're not trying on - the sweater is very small even in the large that I got it in. However, it doesn't ride up my tummy like the ones on the runway show did. If you like that look go for your proper size.

i do feel like more people are wearing it here...
it is being sold in more outlets than before...almost every major dept store is nowfcarrying at least one or more of these labels as well as some smaller boutiques and they each have their own boutique in the city...

and my trendy monster best friend who owns 5 marc jacobs bags has started buying and wearing the stuff... i think it's a sure sign... it also helps that the past several collections were rather exceptional... ^_^ :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 01:20 PM

and my trendy monster best friend who owns 5 marc jacobs bags has started buying and wearing the stuff... i think it's a sure sign... it also helps that the past several collections were rather exceptional... ^_^ :innocent:
[snapback]434369[/snapback]​

5 marc jacobs bags! wow thats a lot of dough she spent... :o

Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 12:32 PM
5 marc jacobs bags! wow thats a lot of dough she spent... :o
[snapback]434392[/snapback]​

you have no idea... :ninja: :shock:
did i ever tell you about the time she snuck and bought the last chanel bag in the store out from under my nose...i only put it down to answer the phone and i walked away...and when i came back she was purchasing it... :rolleyes:

now i don't even want it anymore... :wacko: :doh:

i torture her about it all the time...:lol:

the thing is ..i think she's starting to come around...
she hated my cdg motorcycle boots when i first got them...but then when she saw me wearing them...she suddenly got it... it's the same with a number of my japanese pieces...
then she snuck and bought almost the same sweater i have from cdg...

:blink:

:lol: she sounds so funny! I bet shopping with her is a joy.

I went through a chanel bag craving in spring....but i came out the other side unscathed. :P I am just not commited enough with bags (as you may have seen from my ranting earlier today). :angry:

she's really funny...we're really close and she's greek so we look a lot alike...everyone always thinks we're sisters when we're out shopping...
we bicker and banter like crazy...she's great!

but once she grabs onto something...that usually means it's going or already has gone mainstream... the only trend i havent seen her jump on is UGGS... :innocent:

ps..i had the same chanel craving i guess at the same time...i got over it too... :P

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 01:51 PM

but once she grabs onto something...that usually means it's going or already has gone mainstream... the only trend i havent seen her jump on is UGGS... :innocent:

[snapback]434432[/snapback]​

she sounds great!

oh no :blush: is that the ultimate no no.... :shock: :wink:

that's really gonna depend on who you ask...
:lol:

if i am honest...last year i put a very annoying young blonde pop singer in a pr of uggs which she kept after the shoot and proceeded to wear on national television...which may have contributed 'slightly' to the craze here in the US... :ninja: :innocent:

what?!?!....it's my job... :doh: i bear a certain ammount of guilt for that one...though i am not entirely responsible... :ermm: :ninja:

oh no - you could have some real fun with that - next young popstrel that comes along - get her wearing some ridiculous number & watch the masses follow.....

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 01:25 PM
if i am honest...last year i put a very annoying young blonde pop singer in a pr of uggs which she kept after the shoot and proceeded to wear on national television...which may have contributed 'slightly' to the craze here in the US... :ninja: :innocent:

what?!?!....it's my job... :doh: i bear a certain ammount of guilt for that one...though i am not entirely responsible... :ermm: :ninja:
[snapback]434497[/snapback]​
:o So you're the culprit!!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 01:57 PM
oh no - you could have some real fun with that - next young popstrel that comes along - get her wearing some ridiculous number & watch the masses follow.....
[snapback]434543[/snapback]​
Oh, totally. That's a great idea. Come on, Softie. Give the people burlap sacks.

i try really hard to work with people who have reasonably good taste...it makes my job so much more enjoyable.. :wink: :flower:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->