Reaction score
first few images
8441619010vh6.jpg

8441620510td1.jpg

8441830410mk3.jpg

8441621410hx3.jpg

8441829210hk5.jpg

coutorture

I like it...especially the 4 jacket.....can't wait to se more...

Ugh...not another "ironic" and obscenely expensive take on Depression Chic.....

Agree with Zazie getting a bit bored of Junya's collections. A lot of this looks overworked for the sake of overworking something. Needs to drop the collaborations and do something different !!!

I think it's just another extension of his work. He always has a knack for mixing materials and sportswear influence so this does not stray for from it. I love that he has a defined Junya man look with the cropped, rolled up trousers

i feel a touch of hunting inspiration ...
and barbour ....
an english young poor lord going to hunt in the crazyness of North America with his heritage outfits ....
forgive my bizarre description ....

but i don't know ... i'm not feeling this collection ... and god knows the few past collections have been a lot of inspiration to me .......
but i think this is because i'm not feeling the prints ...

I really like this collection, and I don't expect a lot from Junya...
I don't like the prints and trousers, but the other pieces are great.

At first i really didnt like it but i knew they looked really commercial looking (sporty wise). So i can kinda appreciate it from that perspective.

some looks i dont really like, but i think some looks Junya absolutely nailed it

i feel a touch of hunting inspiration ...
and barbour ....
an english young poor lord going to hunt in the crazyness of North America with his heritage outfits ....
forgive my bizarre description ....

but i don't know ... i'm not feeling this collection ... and god knows the few past collections have been a lot of inspiration to me .......
but i think this is because i'm not feeling the prints ...

i was just thinking similarly...very irish country-side or coastal maine fishermen. i like how he interpreted such elements though. the mix of materials and patterns and textures is really lovely to me. and organic. still has a subtle sense of quirkiness too.

The reference to Barbour is definitely on target...another company comes to mind, called Orvis. There is certainly an element of English countrymen/hunting going on...good thing he deleted the dead squirrels and elk-heads...or even the hunting rifles!!

As a whole, I do like the collection, though some of the prints can be a bit too bust for my taste. The color-scheme is very earthy, too. Dare I say...but it also reminds me of some of Ralph Lauren's classics, but modified, and tailored with a narrower/slimmer silouette. Love the high-water trousers...very geek-chic.

I'm also tired of all the collaborating and referencing Junya's been doing...Izod/Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, Levi's, Avirex, etc etc..it is getting to be a bit tired and redundant...but perhaps eventually Junya will exhaust all of his modified inspirations...and he'll eventually take a leap to experiment/explore something else??

I do like this particular collection..it does look like fun, but I have seen better. Personally speaking, I'm a bit more of an Edwardian Dandy...not a Countryside Bumpkin. This is definitely NOT my favorite colection within his whole ouveur for menswear....Fall/Winter 2004 still remains to be my favorite...but I can appreciate this most current collection..it's palplable at least.

wonder if this is a collaboration with Lavenham, especially the quilted jackets. the styling is great, good use of colors and proportions...Ok, i admit, it s probably a japanese thing:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->