Junya Watanabe S/S 2025 Paris

The third row (top to bottom) looks are all amazing! You can really see the fine artisanry put into his work.

always a pleasure to see designers working like artists and not sweatshop art directors and continuing to explore the same theme from a different angle for a new season.. I like what he's showing with the materials and motifs of motorcycle and car culture, but he turns the volume up and down (he's been doing that throughout his career) and.. not a fan of the super loud and harsher side of his work, hard pass, and just glad that he usually rebels against his own intensity for the next season lol.

the japanese designers are on fire this season.. yohji.. then this... no notes, how can anyone have notes on collections like this.

While not always wearable, Junya proves again what a fantastic shape maker he is. Not to mention the play with textures, the patchwork. My favorite look is the t shirt with the skirt, it brings the whole thing down to earth.

Woah... After being in the McQueen and Ann D threads this is a huge shift. But I really like it.

Could have done without the first 5 looks, but they're kind of a fun explosion of a car crash that kind of works in some odd Watanabe way.

I also have to say, it is odd seeing Irina Shayk close the show, but admittedly I kind of like her being casted here. Not a fan of her editorial outputs, but seeing her doing these kind of brands makes me feel as though she does enjoy the broad strokes of fashion and not just the Versace's and the D&G's and Kors' of brands.

Absolute gold!!! What a relief after the barrage of zero effort collections from all the other brands! As blasphemous as might sound, I wish CDG this season looked this cool :/

Last edited:
Really good! Great collection.

What is interesting about Junya is that his stuff is always more or less the same as he turns around the same themes but, the twist is that he always find a new context to make his clothes look fresh.

I would wear look 15 to a chic dinner.

I don´t like the materials and fabrics he chose, this would be better with less stiff and rough textures.
The upcycled space-age looks are fapping material for Rick Owens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->