Junya Watanabe Sizing

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by faust, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Johnny

Johnny New Member

faust...i think they are just a lot younger...give them time... ;) :flower: [/b][/quote]
    OK, now I feel really bad, cos I'm a 33-34! Can't remember the last time I was under 30ins (probably because my cognitive functions hadn't fully developed then :lol: ).

Nqth, I'm a bit reluctant to recommend this, since I've got my eye on it myself, but if you're looking for a neat fitting jacket, one of the comme ones on yoox should be ideal. It has an almost "egg timer" like shape in the photo (sorry don't know how to post photos), and comes in dark blue and black. I have one in black, and once I got it (in the sale last year) i never had it off. It's so nice. The fabric is lovely, and it has the kind of ribbing/panneling details on it that all of the jackets had, but they're all the same colour. It is really fitted, almost chanel jacket style, and it's the nicest thing I own. So I'd recommend it. And also, if you don't like it, you can return to Yoox free of charge and they'll actually get UPS to come to your office/home to pick it up.

2. Johnny

Johnny New Member

Oh and another thing re sizing generally - you really need to try Junya stuff on in particular since the sizing is extremely eratic. I have a pair of size s jeans and they fit a little big on me (interesting, bearing in mind my recent dislosure re waist size!). I also have size m trousers which are just right. But with homme + i need size l trousers and size m jackets.

Having said that, Nqth, the yoox jacket I was talking about would be Ok I think for a 46.

3. nqth

nqth arndom

Thanks so much for your advices, Johnny:) I will keep my eyes on the jacket once I find it! But I will wait for their discount, tho :) Yoox finally ships to Poland as well, although the price for PL is higher than for Italy, and not everything is available, neither.

I really wish I were a bit bigger, and I am working on it a bit:). Finding the s here in Poland is a real mission impossible. Anyway I will have a chance to try them on by myself. I will probably go to Moscow and St. Petersburg next month (hurra! and check the discount hall in leForm:)

I think that the jacket is here:
    http://imgs-es.yoox.com/is.asp?c=410120791N&u=1

4. Johnny

Johnny New Member

That's the one nqth. But don't go for the blue - go for the black! :lol: :p I will also be on guard at the time the reductions go on.

5. nqth

nqth arndom

It's pitty black is L only, Johnny. I am a "black guy" when it comes to clothes:)

6. runner

runner .

exactly
    I think it might have something to do with the fact that they deal with a fairly great number of patterns, and cannot produce many for each piece because of both technical problems and their being what is called "avant-garde".
    BTW, Linea has nine sizes, therefore called unisex.

faust, how about Junya Watanabe Man Pink? (I don't know well about the label though)
    on the first name, it's djun-ya.

7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

that men's jacket is beautiful... :heart:

8. faust

faust New Member

exactly
    I think it might have something to do with the fact that they deal with a fairly great number of patterns, and cannot produce many for each piece because of both technical problems and their being what is called "avant-garde".
    BTW, Linea has nine sizes, therefore called unisex.

faust, how about Junya Watanabe Man Pink? (I don't know well about the label though)
    on the first name, it's djun-ya. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the clarification on the first name! BTW, I'm still wondering the correct prononciation of "Demeulemeester" :lol: . Junya Watanabe Man Pink, hmm, I never hear of it. Is it a different line?

Ngth, you lucky dog!!! You know when I was in Moscow I had no idea that Le Form existed :cry:

9. nqth

nqth arndom

Absolutely:) And the fabric looks so Comme.

10. nqth

nqth arndom

:) and there is Star shop in St. Petesburg from last winter, too!

Man Pink is a women line after his Junya Watabane Man. It was launched last year, alongside with CdG Play.

from
    http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/diary/0017-henshucho.htm

[​IMG]

11. softgrey

12. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

OK, now I feel really bad, cos I'm a 33-34! Can't remember the last time I was under 30ins (probably because my cognitive functions hadn't fully developed then :lol: ).

[/quote]

oh don't feel bad :flower:

I'm 5'9 so yes iam prity skiny, but i wish i ahd less brod shoulders, i whant a smaller frame :blush:

nqth* that comme jacket is beautiful :heart:, also junya pants in size s may fit you, but they will be a little loose , theya re on me as well.

I will post some junya man pink pictures, its his line for women based on the youthful style of the MAN line :heart:

i did not know it was djun-ya , good to know, thank you

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Junya watanabe MAN pink :heart:
    s/s 2004

14. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

15. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

opps not working :(

16. nqth

nqth arndom

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

thous are the same ones i had, thanks

18. faust

faust New Member

Looks funky. I'm going to drop by the Comme store this week and ask if they are planning to bring it here. Probably not, since their store is not big enough for all these lines Comme is suddenly turning out...

19. softgrey

pls let us know...thx... ;) :flower:

20. Johnny

Johnny New Member

I see the blue one in medium has gone already! :angry: Oh well.