JWoww of "Jersey Shore" Launches "Filthy Couture"

:lol:

@ Scott - I was going to say the same.. the word 'couture' is so abundantly (and incorrectly) used in label and shop names and the worst part is the ones who use it couldn't be anything further from the actual definition of the word if they tried.

Look up the word Couture in a french dictionary:

1 couture Noun, feminine (a) sewing; seam

Put Filthy Couture in an french to english translator:

Filthy Sewing

Dilligaf Sewings
Juicy Sewings

Now Haute Couture or High Sewing is regulated by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture

you could argue that Couture can be used as an abbreviation of Haute Couture but thats clearly not what a sportswear label would be insinuating. What they mean the term to say is apparel.

Ugh....i just wrote an article about celeb clothing lines and how common they are becoming, but i wouldn't even put this in the same category.....what a joke and a mockery of the fashion industry!

I guess the name skanky couture was already taken.

The worst part about all this is that yes, I think it'll sell and sell like crazy?

Why ? Because just like JWoww or whatever her name is: She knows crap about fashion just like her customer .. they buy things because they're "cute" and have no depth nor criticism for the product.

I live in Latinamerica and I know for a fact that if it miraculously doesnt sell in the US Im so going and buying bulk add a couple of zeroes and become a millionaire here.

And yes, Im tired of people like Carson Kressley throwing the word couture casually because to us "couture" is just short for "haute couture" ... but you honestly believe this people care or know about the Chambre Syndicale and their rules?

I dont think so ...

omg...i love it, it reminds me so much of mcqueen! brb buying everything! it's so haute...how can you guys hate it?

why is this on TFS , moderator please remove this thread it violates the rules :smile:

the clothes are out and the fashion critics are already weighing in this little numbers!!

From Jezebel.com

filthy_2_03.jpg

"Daring, blaring, and occasionally erring, Jenni Farley's eclectic eye skittered over the New Jersey boardwalk, pausing here and there to alight on a swatch of brightly hued Lycra, or a piece of lace. Also, she looks like a parsnip." — Cathy Horyn

See the reviews and the rest on the link:

http://jezebel.com/5598784/jwowws-horrifying-bedazzled-clothing-on-sale-now/gallery/

wow, a 1000 USD for some pieces? I wouldn't want that garbage for free! It really is kinda sad that this is on TFS.. But it's entertaining..

You're all haters. She's really J-Wowed me with all the pieces I've seen so far. The turquoise booby dress she's wearing is very versatile, you could wear it to Prom, Graduation, funerals etc. This collection will have everything a self respecting sl*t will need to go from morning to evening. Stella McCartney better watch her back.

I hope she does a separate line of realistic looking hair extensions to go with these ensembles...

:lol::lol: For a minute there, I thought you were for real! LOL

I'm sort of speechless.
Only because I know people will buy all of it.

I didn't read everything but how come she has the opportunity to do this. Who is funding this? Who is helping her?

This has Balenciaga written all over it!:judge:
:lol:
Well umm this looks perfect for my sl*tty friends who give $10 you-know-whats.

Oh for the love of god.

This really pisses me off as a designer.

I should really have my friend do a small piece on my father and his business. It will show the world, how some people in the fashion industry he works with are dumber than door-nails. Unscripted and uncensored, now that be great reality tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
but but but

why???

D:

where else are we gonna cheap near Haute Couture at good prices in the Mid West of the US? which brand will lead fashion innovation?

fashion is doomed.

this girl is so fnny, but it is a damn shame to use couture .. so such nasty dresses!
Those dresses are made for...i can't say that word cause.. this is a bad joke!

The name Filthy Couture... mega-yikes! It's the kind of name that's hilarious but never meant to actually be! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->