Kanye West Douche Watch 2009: Taylor Swift Edition

I don't think it had much to do with Beyonce really. Taylor says in her quote she was ushered to the side of the stage to wait.

Beyonce didn't know she was going to win the award before that point, so I think it's more likely that it was a move made by MTV.

I imagine Beyonce told them "If I win anything tonight, this is what I want to happen."

Apparently Kanye expects these awards to have some kind of justice to them :innocent: Everyone knows it's not always about who's actually best.

I actually loathe all Beyonce's videos, there is something cringe inducing about them that as a woman puts me off, so to me is even more risible his speech. I do not like Taylor's music, but she was clearly the star of the night(and the only one well dressed) I guess that was too much for Kanye and his skanky girlfriend.

I completely agree.

I loathe him for taking away the spotlight from MJ cos that's what VMA's were about. And now everyone's talking about Kanye West and his stunt instead of Janet's performance. I don't think it's actually possible to apologise for that.

Oh poor little rich Taylor!Bu-hu-hu.Poor poor girl.
As pathetic this is, it's also born to entertain!I swear to God, lfmao all day.

I'm just in shock how people analyze this stupid thing whoooooole day.God.Our lives will never be the same after this amazing incident.What a story!Sooo important.
But as I said born to entertain on this ****ty rainy day.

^True, but most of today's generation couldn't care less about Michael. MTV's changed-instead of living up to its name and being Music Television it's like a "reality" show-palooza :angry:
He is going to be on Leno tonight with Jay-Z-it's probably taping now. I can't remember if it's a performance or interview. Should be interesting.

I feel like the entire situation is taking away from the amazing moments of the night. For example, Pink, Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson put on amazing performances but no one is talking about that and it's not fair for those who put so much work into doing a good job that this drunken idiot is taking the spotlight because of his idiocy.

I thought Kanye's behavior was insane, he really has the biggest ego in the entire history of the world, he's got to get himself under control

apology #2

I feel like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents when he messed up everything and Robert De Niro asked him to leave… That was Taylor's moment and I had no right in any way to take it from her. I am truly sorry."-Kanye

from Perez's blog

This outbreak makes for TV ratings gold, which I'm sure MTV loves. Didn't they set up an already f*cked up Britney Spears for an epic fail? I'm sure TPTB are salivating.

Damn you Kanye! you want respect well, you lost all respect. No fashion entrance for this lowlife. Let the backlash begin.

Poor Taylor, on the verge of tears but composed herself. Felt humiliated, shocked and embarassed.

apology #2

from Perez's blog

This apology certainly sounds LOADS better than the previous one :rolleyes:, but the fact that it takes two makes me think that he's isn't sincere AT ALL. This is just damage control!

apology #2

I feel like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents when he messed up everything and Robert De Niro asked him to leave… That was Taylor's moment and I had no right in any way to take it from her. I am truly sorry."-Kanye

from Perez's blog

Apparently cause it is not in capslock people are saying it's fake. Apparently writing in caps is what Kayne does :rolleyes:

^True, but most of today's generation couldn't care less about Michael. MTV's changed-instead of living up to its name and being Music Television it's like a "reality" show-palooza :angry:
He is going to be on Leno tonight with Jay-Z-it's probably taping now. I can't remember if it's a performance or interview. Should be interesting.

It'll be an interview now :brows:

I reluctantly will say that at the very least, he does have an amount of talent to back him that inflated ego of his.

You people are so naive! LOL
It was all staged, and her sad little face, like poor rich girl Taylor, what a tragedy, and Kanye incident, they all staged it so MTV and VMA's can get GREAT publicity and ratings!

Hell, I didn't even know VMA's was yesterday until this sh*** hasn't been on all news and tweets today.....do you all really have to mention Kanye in your tweets today, people around the world?Like he cares! LOL.
But good job, MTV, good job!That is how you do it!Learn from the best, PR machine!
And pals this is a good write-up about this so unimportant moment in the lives of rich ones.Read it.
http://timmorehouse.wordpress.com/2...aylor-swift-vmas-incident-staged/#comment-957

ps.Taylor in a gown?Really, Taylor?Wow, just wow.Total fail.

Correction. Kanye has been known for being an as$hole, so I wouldn't put this horrible action past him.

BUT I was also suspicious that this was just PR gimmicks.

Although I really don't like Taylor Swift and I completely agree with Kanye that she shouldn't have won, the way he went about voicing his opinion was completely ridiculous. I felt so sad and embarrassed for Taylor. I was also just really disappointed in Kanye.

However, I must say that it does not excuse some of the racist comments I've seen on twitter and other social networks. Not here, because you guys keep it classy, but Perez Hilton blog comments and things like that. It's disappointing to know that if someone of a certain race is a complete douche, then it's automatic grounds for racial slurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->