Karl Lagerfeld

Boomer

Reaction score
Moderator's note
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]97819[/split]
Thank You

Jessica Biel and Karl Lagerfeld attend the 199th "Wetten dass...?" show at the Rothaus Hall on December 3, 2011 in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
karllagerfeldthomasgott.jpg

zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
^I've seen it. I'm not the usual 'Wetten, dass' viewer, but since it was the final show AND Karl as a guest ... it was quite boring of course. The only highlight was when Gottschalk (the host) asked Karl about his collaboration with 'Beuninger' and Karl had no idea what he was talking about - 'Breuninger? I don't know Breuninger' - I guess the Breuninger people will choke on their coffee when hearing about it :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Remember when Iris Berben brought the handcuffs and Karl thought they were for him and was like: "Oh thanks, that's really nice of you!" LOL :rofl:

@Gloria: Jaaa, that was funny! He must get all kinds of strange gifts for he wasn't irritated in the least, haha! Just imagine, Iris Berben ... haha!

BTW, Breuninger is still looking for a model for Karl's collection - they're looking for a girl, at least 16 years old, size 36 and some model experiences ... https://www.facebook.com/breuninger.de

I thought Karl was hilarious on Wetten Dass. At least he's authentic and doesn't pretend to be interested in the bets and the other guests when he's not, hehe.

Anyone know what time the Chanel show is tomorrow?

Karl Lagerfeld's Banner Year

Fashion’s consummate overachiever outdid himself in 2011, unfurling collaborations and side projects galore, keeping Chanel and Fendi running at high creative throttle, and mapping out ambitious plans for his signature brand.

There was even a new women’s fragrance aptly named for his dazzling output: Karleidoscope.

“As you know, I love occasional co-branding,” the designer deadpanned in July, then discussing the exclusive capsule collection he designed for Macy’s with an average price tag of $100. Hundreds mobbed the Herald Square flagship when Lagerfeld made an appearance in September for its launch in the retailer’s Impulse department.

It was but one of multiple collaborations this year, including an ongoing collection for Italy’s Hogan, a line of pens and lighters for S.T. Dupont, crystal tableware for Sweden’s Orrefors, a pop-up shop for the Schwarzkopf hair-care brand and graphic bottle designs for Coca-Cola Light in Europe.

Well aware of his popularity, Lagerfeld unveiled long-awaited plans to take his signature brand into the burgeoning masstige price zone. A new collection labeled Karl is to debut on Net-a-Porter in January, and a more upscale Karl Lagerfeld Paris line, licensed to Italy’s Ittierre SpA, is to follow for fall 2012. Coming onstream in 2013 is a signature line of men’s and women’s timepieces with Fossil Inc.

Pier Paolo Righi, the new president of Karl Lagerfeld BV, said he expects to multiply “substantially” sales of Lagerfeld branded products — currently generating “north of 100 million euros,” or about $133.4 million at current exchange, annually at retail. “We also think there is a big opportunity to drive the business with strategic alliances and partnerships,” Righi added.

Meanwhile, Lagerfeld turned out hit collections for his main employer, Chanel, and also for Fendi, earning acclaim by making a convincing case for daywear at both houses amid a sea of party dresses on designer runways.

“Life is not a cocktail party,” he proclaimed backstage before Fendi’s spring 2012 show in Milan, a parade of fetching, grown-up clothes. “I like daily life.”

That said, Lagerfeld did not relinquish his title as one of fashion’s most formidable and imaginative showmen, sending Chanel collections parading down the grand, sloping promenade in front of the mythic Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc; down barren planks lined with smoking volcanic rock for a show WWD dubbed “Apocalypse Wow”; or through a magical undersea world constructed across the expanse of Paris’ Grand Palais.

And that’s not everything Lagerfeld crossed off his eye-watering to-do list.

Besides a slew of editorial shoots and campaigns for Chanel, Fendi and Dior Homme, other photography projects included a Chanel handbag campaign starring Blake Lively and a series of television commercials he directed for Magnum ice cream starring Rachel Bilson.

For ordinary nine-to-fivers, it may be comforting to know even Lagerfeld has his limits. Discussing plans to release, with his friend Gerhard Steidl, the complete writings of Friedrich Nietzsche as the 19th-century philosopher wanted them published, Lagerfeld noted he would print the 12-volume set, “Nietzsche’s Nietzsche,” in German only. “I would love to publish it in English, but it would take five to seven years to translate it,” he lamented.

wwd.com

^ Damn! And I wanted to order the 12-Volume Nietzsche set on Amazon...can't be more than $20 or so, right? :huh:

^his live sketch was genius, thanks for sharing!

Yes but the reporter could have been a bit more informed about Karl. Some of the questions were a bit silly and off. Nevertheless, great video. It's like hanging out w/ Karl.

funny fact: 20-30 ipads!

and small pillboxes for lunch and dinner. (karl's on drugs!)

Bild3-2.png

my screen cap. youtube.com

and his code to the ipad is starting with 13...

Bild4-2.png

my screen cap. youtube.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->