Karl Lagerfeld

Fat Karl lives ... now he bears a striking resemblance to Francis Ford Coppola.

Karl ... a few things you've said in the past that I'd like to discuss now ...

God is that really him?!!

Hahaha, at first I questioned it as well, but then that guy is his assistant or something proves. And the leather gloves are a dead giveaway.

He certainly looks very German as he's ageing.

God is that really him?!!

First thought I had. I realized he's not wearing his sunglasses and we can see his eyes, maybe that's why he looks so weird. I don't think I've seen him without his sunglasses on in a long time.

I am buying 3 copies...I saw some those when-star-designer-die YSL-tribute-theme ELLE in Paris and it is like 40 euros a copy..damn

Wow, he used to be hot!

Vogue Taiwan Digital Edition

1980's karl looked nothing like a designer. Maybe an eccentric aristocrat or a banker but not a designer.
I loved 1970's Karl! The Antonio Lopez influence, the bodybuilding. Kinda funny...

We literally had a different Karl for every decade.
He looked better with the beard than he looked lately without it. The beard made him look fresher...

The story about him wanting to send a cactus to Pierre Berge's funeral was quite funny, IMO. I'll have to keep that one in mind for future use.

Karl + beard? No, no, and no.

Karl Lagerfeld after winning the coats category in a design competition sponsored by the International Wool Secretariat, Paris, 14th December 1954. With him is a model wearing his design. The competition win led to Lagerfeld being hired as assistant to Pierre Balmain

i-d.vice

I love his house, it's a perfect mix of historical and modern. It's fun and eccentric. It's very him. His bookshelves and library are to die for. Wish they would show a little bit of the garden.

Amanda is an amazing storyteller, so much charms around her. Still don't know what her role at Chanel tho.

Vanity Fair February 1992
"Kaiser Karl: Behind the Mask" by Maureen Orth
Photography: Ellen von Unwerth, Helmut Newton, Karl Lagerfeld

archive.vanityfair.com

Vanity Fair September 2005
"Proust Questionnaire: Karl Lagerfeld"
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld

archive.vanityfair.com

Vogue US September 1974
"Fashions In Living: The Art Deco Life"
Featuring: Karl Lagerfeld
Photographer: Horst P. Horst