Karl On Boys And Skirts

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
i certainly need to see this :lol:

YOU’VE GOT MALE: After sending boys down the Chanel runway in tweed jackets earlier this month during Paris Fashion Week, Karl Lagerfeld has an encore planned. He’s booked a male model for Chanel’s fall advertising campaign, which he plans to lens this week at his studio in Biarritz. “But he won’t be wearing any chiffon dresses,” he hastened to add. “Girls can borrow from the boys, but boys cannot borrow everything from the girls.” To wit: Although Lagerfeld famously models a Yohji Yamamoto skirt in the current issue of V Man, he’ll take a pass on the look for real life, even if his Dior Homme buddy Hedi Slimane has endorsed skirts for men with long, densely pleated kilts. “I’m afraid they’re a little heavy, and I don’t think they would stay on my hips,” he quipped. Instead, Lagerfeld is sticking with jeans, including ones by his latest fashion discovery, DSquared. “They’re the only things from the shoot I wanted to keep,” he said.

from wwd :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:37 am
“I’m afraid they’re a little heavy, and I don’t think they would stay on my hips,”
THAT MAN IS AMAZING :buzz: HE IS HILLARIOUS!

"hillarious" ??
you are certainly being sweet and polite with our karla dear acid :lol:

but then of course i feel you, he's only an old man, good upbringing teaches us to be kind with third age people :P

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:09 am
but then of course i feel you, he's only an old man
he's 70 or so isn't he? B) i wonder if i'll have the energy to do what he does at that age.. :unsure:

He's lucky, so slim hipped, so rich and stylish! I love how he goes around rocking Chrome Hearts chains and rings and things, he looks like he's having such a good time. And those Dior skirts are just plain gross but long enough so you don't have to wear anything underneath them...I guess those could come in handy! :blush:

karl is 65 i believe , armani 59 and valentino 72!!!!!!!!

surely almost time for a new bunch of leaders! (pick me please karl or val :blush: )

Instead, Lagerfeld is sticking with jeans, including ones by his latest fashion discovery, DSquared. “They’re the only things from the shoot I wanted to keep,” he said.
WTF?
He'll be sporting Galliano Homme in no time!

Kaiser Karl in Dsquared2 jeans !!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

KIT :order:

Originally posted by datura001@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:59 am
He's lucky, so slim hipped, so rich and stylish! I love how he goes around rocking Chrome Hearts chains and rings and things, he looks like he's having such a good time.
:ninja: i find him a bit sad to be honest, all this age, money and culture and still he seems uptight , trying too hard to fight time and quite deprived

i dont think he's a happy man, he seems quite unbalanced for this age and status :ninja:

i'm sorry but who goes from dior homme to dsquared...??

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:20 am
karl is 65 i believe ....

german media did some research, found some peeps he went to schools with, and they all stress he just turned 70, (while he claims he's 65)... whatever!

Originally posted by nikos+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:46 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nikos @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:46 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:20 am

german media did some research, found some peeps he went to schools with, and they all stress he just turned 70, (while he claims he's 65)... whatever! [/b][/quote]
i believe it...everyone lies about their age in this business...it's a youth driven industry...
:flower: i know 30 yr olds who lie about it...

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by nikos@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:46 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Acid
@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:20 am

german media did some research, found some peeps he went to schools with, and they all stress he just turned 70, (while he claims he's 65)... whatever!
i believe it...everyone lies about their age in this business...it's a youth driven industry...
:flower: i know 30 yr olds who lie about it... [/b][/quote]
It'll be no time at all until I need to start lying about my age (18)......a couple of years from now, I'ma still be telling people I'm 18 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 9:48 am
i'm sorry but who goes from dior homme to dsquared...??
...better him there than with dior homme, leave Hedi alone creepy old man.

Originally posted by Spike413+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:37 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spike413 @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:37 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Acid

It'll be no time at all until I need to start lying about my age (18)......a couple of years from now, I'ma still be telling people I'm 18 :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
well...my pretty...unless you had a birthday in the last week or so...you have already lied about your age, because you were 17 about a minute ago on the ysl thread.. :lol: :P

congratulations...now you are officially qualified to join the ranks of the great fashionistas who have come before you...when do you think was the last time steven meisel told anyone his real age... :rolleyes:

:wink:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:46 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:46 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Spike413@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:37 pm
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Acid

It'll be no time at all until I need to start lying about my age (18)......a couple of years from now, I'ma still be telling people I'm 18 :rolleyes:
well...my pretty...unless you had a birthday in the last week or so...you have already lied about your age, because you were 17 about a minute ago on the ysl thread.. :lol: :P

congratulations...now you are officially qualified to join the ranks of the great fashionistas who have come before you...when do you think was the last time steven meisel told anyone his real age... :rolleyes:

:wink: [/b][/quote]
Actually, I am having a birthday in two weeks, give or take, so yeah at this point I'm saying 18. But hey, now I'm getting practice for the future!

Actually, I am having a birthday in two weeks, give or take, so yeah at this point I'm saying 18. But hey, now I'm getting practice for the future! [/quote]
cute...but you are supposed to lie the other way darling...

i remember those proenza schouler boys first coming on the scene and all everyone talked about was how they had jus graduated from parson's....so i assumed they were unbelievably young and was very impressed...turns out their in their mid-late twenties...pr/marketing... :P

who wants to bet that this lagerfeld shoot is not going to be good? :flower:
any takers...

hey, i thought proenza schouler were 19 when they got hyped up.. mid late twenties? porky pies! kind of tacky IMO.
:o

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:20 am
karl is 65 i believe , armani 59 and valentino 72!!!!!!!!

surely almost time for a new bunch of leaders! (pick me please karl or val :blush: )
valentino is 72?? :o I never realized that :P lol he looks great for his age

lagerfeld scares me, but he is amusing :blush: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->