Kate Lanphear

gosh i'm beginning to love her more with that interview. she's ridiculously humble :blush:

Me too! I love how despite the fame and recognition she has received, it hasn't given her a huge ego. Her humbleness makes me admire her not only for her style now

I had absolutely no idea she was based here in Australia for so long!
Feeling a little more inspired...

goodness i love this gal!

can anyone ID the tiger striped greyish coat in post #30?

From Citizen Couture:
It was several days into New York Fashion Week Fall 2010 and not a photo of Kate. I was starting to wonder where she was because I always enjoyed her style and presence. Then Kate was at the Oscar De La Renta show and I made sure not to miss the opportunity before she left. I called her name as I made my approach and she responded with familiarity followed by kisses on the cheek. Her response really threw me off granted that I only photographed her twice and I started to wonder whether she actually remembered who I was or had me confused with another person (which happens to me often). Regardless, I had a brief conversation with Kate and had the pleasure of photographing her a few more times in Paris. This time I think she remembered who I was.
Kate Lanphear
Style Director, U.S. Elle
-Mui Mui Fall 2009 RTW Jacket
-Balenciaga Shoes
-Emilio Pucci Bag

citizencouture.com

http://s1.postimage.org/ET4EJ.jpg[/QUOTE]

the low waist is perfect. very nice coat!

by the way, i saw a total copy-kate at my midwestern whole foods the other day. this woman had no shame, picked-apart forever 21 appropriation of one specific look, from her hair down to the pleated pants and cheap rhinestone "Balenciaga" studded shoes. she didn't try to reinterpret it. tasteless. :angry:

(related, that woman's probably gonna end up reading this.)

I was looking at some pictures of her jewelry and just realised that she's wearing the Dominic Jones claw ring in gold. Beautiful!

The NYPost did a nice profile piece about Kate over the weekend. ^_^ It's kind of long, so instead of re-posting it, here's the link. Nothing really new that we didn't already know before, but there is a really great intern story about how nice Kate is.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^thanks for the link.
I'm suprised the article mentions her age "You won’t see the 35-year-old East Village".
In the old thread there were a lot of users asking her age (including myself) it was like a mystery.
At least now I know she's quite young.
Thanks again behansu for the link

103943153.jpg

gettyimages

I wish I could see the front of the outfit in #99; Looks enticing from the back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->