Kenzo F/W 2021.22 Paris

I get the intention behind the art direction, but the video was a cringefest and they should have hired professional dancers. When it comes to the clothes, they're pretty good and they feel like real fashion. I have to say, it's an improvement from FOB's spring collection so he might get better and better with time.

I love the energy in the video, it's very in tune with the show Kenzo used to do. This is a stunning tribute and celebration for the founder of the house. I like the mix of the archive pieces with Felipe own interpretation. There is a lot of layering but it doesn't look heavy and the use of prints is just perfect.

The show of the season.

I had to wait literally one month more to get something exciting. Although I really liked a few shows from Fall Winter, I haven't feel inspired to even write about it -as if somebody is waiting for my opinion tho...-.
I was a bit scared when it comes to Kenzo because last season was a underwhelming after that glorious debut show last winter. But the energy here was great: I was almost dancing watching the show. It feels kinda authentic even when we know it's a gimmick. Somehow I guess this is what Prada tried to do but failed miserably: here the clothes have a feeling, they just feel right. I remember that on his first show a few members -that I respect A LOT- were questioning the "Kenzo costumer" and let me tell you that I find here the right balance between fashun! and well designed-down to earth clothes. It doesn't feel like that hippie trip at Marni, I just look at the clothes and I desire to be able to buy them. From price point-quality-high fashion sense it's a win/win for me.
I just hope Glen make justice to this collection.

Bravo!

He is much better than the former duo and this collection is quite in the spirit of the founder, which almost makes me mistook him as a Japanese designer!

This is so joyful! This is the best Kenzo has looked since Antonio Marras IMO! You can just tell how wonderful these clothes are gonna look when someone walks down the street, great job with the oversized turtlenecks/hood things! I'm sure Jonathan Anderson is wishing he could bring that level of quirky chic to both of his labels!

Incredible! The outerwear looks so yummy!

Now all he has to do is deliver on the campaign to seal the deal.

All this is beautiful but most of it doesn't seem to make it to the stores so far. There is still quite a large portion of the tiger motif and the big logo sweatshirts.

All this is beautiful but most of it doesn't seem to make it to the stores so far. There is still quite a large portion of the tiger motif and the big logo sweatshirts.

This collection is pretty unwearable as-is. I like a lot of the pieces but need different colors and patterns for sure if they're going to try and sell this.

It's an excellent collection but very unwearable and it reminds me of a less couture version of Galliano's streetwear looks.

Some looks and the overall presentation reminds me more of Issey Miyake than Kenzo...

I'm not sure how to feel about the clothes, the puffer looks are nice and that's the biggest strength of the show for me and the rest I did not pay that much attention to.

The presentation I did like, with the models all dancing euphorically and in the verge of collisioning with one another. It helps that unlike Prada, these clothes lend themselves to movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->