Kenzo x H&M

nothing is sold out at the NYC flagship store. i went in there yesterday on my lunchbreak. no wristbands were necessary.

there was no line at the cash register either. people did not seem that enthused about the products.

I could predict this. I just feel like this collaboration is like 3 years late. The buzz and moment for Kenzo has long gone. Plus, do prints even sell that good at the moment?

Also, I think the way H&M handles the publicity for these collabs is old-fashioned. We know who the next designer collab will be like 6 months prior to the launch, and we get drops of sneak peeks here and there. I certainly feel bored of the collabs by the time they hit stores. They should keep people waiting and announce the name like 1 month prior to the launch.

Went into my local H&M today and noticed that a number of items have been discounted. The women's black leather jacket with the pink faux fur was marked down to $79.99 (!!). I managed to get the quilted silk dress for $79.99 (from ($299 original price).

Went into my local H&M today and noticed that a number of items have been discounted. The women's black leather jacket with the pink faux fur was marked down to $79.99 (!!). I managed to get the quilted silk dress for $79.99 (from ($299 original price).
that happened quickly

It's country dependent, but some lines performed so badly a repricing exercise took place quickly to ensure they go. No-one wants these collections to be seen to be sitting in stores for long.

The UK Site is still being stocked with a lot of the pieces. Each morning more comes back.

The US site just restocked. Managed to snag the women's long wool coat (with removeable faux fur collar) for $69.99 and the short kimono jacket for $79.99. I applied the 11% single's day code and it worked to reduce the sale prices further. (hooray!)

Last edited by a moderator:
A few items have been marked down on the US site, particularly the red and turquoise tiger stripe leggings for $14.99 each, and I snatched them up.

In online store for Germany there are few items and only for women : coat for 199 euro, maxidress, sunglasses, ankleboots , shopper. Dress and coat are available in xs and s, so seems to be extrem small, she boots in all sizes. Horrible collab collection.

they've had a good run with wearable collections so far...

this Kenzo collection was simply too 'out there'. customers couldn't identify with it. Wang tapped right into the atheleisure trend. Balmain was wearable and directly taken off mainline Balmain. Marant stayed true to the regular collections.

basically, a lot of the great collaborations were filled with pieces where you could take one piece out, add it to a regular collection and i wouldn't look out of place.

they've had a good run with wearable collections so far...

this Kenzo collection was simply too 'out there'. customers couldn't identify with it. Wang tapped right into the atheleisure trend. Balmain was wearable and directly taken off mainline Balmain. Marant stayed true to the regular collections.

basically, a lot of the great collaborations were filled with pieces where you could take one piece out, add it to a regular collection and i wouldn't look out of place.

Absolutely!
Sincerely, i could't imagine that Kenzo collab will be more succesful in Germany that in US or also in Milan. Ok, in Milan you don't need to buy KenzoxH&M to look "stylish" and many italians have their own taste ( which i like to much) but all is sold out exept few pieces in xs online, so it shows me again that i have right when i tell, think,what ever , that Germany start to be very fashion.
Of course there are always the persons who looking at you as you are crazy because you are wearing maybe Gucci shoes or Gucci or DSquared2 jeans. ( happened to me in summer)

Reviving this thread since I just noticed there is so much stuff left in some coutries, all the more shocking considering everything disappeared in the blink of an eye where I live (I'm guessing that was to blame on a lack of stock).

I don't think this was as much of a flop as the Margiela one, but the way I see it this collection deserved better. Carol and Humberto did put their heart and effort into this pieces, they managed to offer original designs in their distinctive style for a fraction of the price when they could have just recurred to the rehashing of past hits that other designers have blatantly done in the past.

...All this said, another part of me is kind of relieved this collaboration didn't spark the hysteria of last year's Balmain one, the lukewarm reception has translated to much more attractive Ebay listings.

^ I don't think this was a huge flop, it just didn't reach the Balmain fever, and that was to be expected.

It is rather dependent on the territory, but this is most certainly one of the least successful collaborations. There is masses of stock left in the UK, all sitting reduced in store but full price online. Something in the contract doesn't allow it to be reduced online. Last I heard they were even spreading the stock out into other H&M stores that didn't stock the collection in the hope to 'thin it out'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->