Kenzo x H&M

Benn98

Reaction score
Kenzo Joins Forces With H&M

May 25, 2016
By Jennifer Weil

PARIS – Hennes & Mauritz has teamed up with Kenzo to create a limited-edition line for the Swedish retailer. The capsule collection will hit select H&M stores and go online November 3.

“Since joining the house in 2011, Carol Lim and Humberto Leon have set their own fashion agenda with collections full of bold colors and vivid prints, revealed through high-impact shows, artist collaborations and creative digital campaigns,” H&M stated. “Global influences and traditions are remixed and fused with the energy of the street, resulting in collections that are both inspirational and accessible to their fans around the world. At Kenzo, fashion expresses freedom, joy and individuality for all.”

“With this collaboration with H&M we want to think big, push the boundaries and bring the new energy of Kenzo to everyone around the world,” stated Lim and Leon, Kenzo creative directors.

The line will launch in 250 H&M stores worldwide and online, and include apparel for women and men, plus accessories. H&M did not reveal price points or the number of styles.

H&M’s past holiday collaborations have been with the likes of Balmain, Karl Lagerfeld, Lanvin and Stella McCartney.

It’s official! @kenzo is H&M’s next designer collaboration. Let the countdown to #KENZOxHM begin.https://t.co/p07TAumARU

— H&M (@hm) May 25, 2016

Source: http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-features/kenzo-x-hm-capsule-collection-collaboration-10437217/

Interesting collaboration but I hope it won't turn out to be H&MxBalmain 2.0. I don't want to see cheap replicas of the tiger sweater anymore...
Wannabe fashionistas are gonna love this:lol:

The video made me excited about this. :woot:
Thanks for sharing this Benn98 :flower:

The video made me excited about this. :woot:

It's a pleasure, and same here! The video really creates a profound sense of anticipation.

Isn't Kenzo owned by LVMH? Weird to see them greenlighting this.....

I'm quite surprised to be honest. Kenzo's price point, generally, isn't that high-end as such. H&M's designer collab pricing quite often reaches the same sort of pricing structure or there abouts. It'll be interesting to see. I can't see the sweaters appearing though, surely they know making £40 versions of a sweatshirt you can pick up from the main line for £150 or cheaper, probably isn't going to set the world alight?

Oh God, here comes those tiger sweatshirts again...

I really hope that they are not going to do the sweatshirts but a real original collection with prints.
It is actually a good news. I wanted Kenzo or Jean Paul Gaultier to do a collection for H&M.

It will be great for Kenzo because their shops are always empty. It's a department stores brand. With this collection, they can bring back the hype they had 6 years ago and attract their existing clientele to their shops.

As their clothes are affordable, they don't have to compromise like Rousteing, Versace or Elbaz who send out cheap versions of their old designs.
They have the potential to make something good.

I now like my Kenzo clothing less. Disappointing LVMH allowed this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenzo must be in trouble because LVMH allowed this. Their moment has been over long time ago so it makes sense that all of LVMH brands they let Kenzo to collaborate with H&M. That said I might buy some print stuff because high street doesn't generally make menswear prints well.

They collaborated with Vans, Disney and others brands + it's a comtemporary brand. It totally make sense.
Marc Jacobs is another LVMH brand that can totaly work with H&M.

Not much of a stretch, is it?

I mean, you can throw the whole Kenzo x H&M collection into the stores, and not market it as a collaboration w/ these hot, hip, happening designers from Europe, and nobody would know the difference, would they?

perfect...
they are both irrelevant...

:lol:...

I hope they will look into the archives.. that would be neat

I think it will be Kenzo’s sweater with tiger and logo but remaked for H&M, more espadrilles, sneakers,sweaters and pants with logo "Kenzo" wrote in big on every piece and all this prints in various colours, from salmon, red, green till blue.
Kenzo must be in trouble because so expensive their items are not so how much will the Kenzo for H&M cost?
Kenzo for H&M seems to be an opposite of Balmain'S collab with H&M, which was a relativ cheap remake of glamour items.

thanks for the links! those are nice jackets :D
but did Kenzo ever release actual clothes with those prints? I always browse racks when I spot the label with no luck...

I think it's safe to say that this won't cause a huge clustereff like the Balmain collection did.

but did Kenzo ever release actual clothes with those prints?

I don't know ... I really don't follow Kenzo. But if they did, it would be interesting to see what they actually look like. There is no way they would come close the the original embroidery ... the richness of the silk and the detail in those jackets which are the real thing.

I think it's safe to say that this won't cause a huge clustereff like the Balmain collection did.
Yeah ... I was remembering the bomber jackets from the discussion of the Balmain collection. I agree ... don't think anyone would really notice what Kenzo might do along that line, especially if it's for H&M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->