Kenzo x H&M

I saw one of their logo sweatshirts at a Nordstrom Rack marked down to 98 dollars a few weeks ago, kinda mad I didn't snap it up. I never really thought what they design for the main line isn't bad but this collab is just too much for me.

i hate to admit that i am completely attracted to the women's military coat with the animal print and blue furry collar (which is fully removeable, thankfully). :blush:

If i was forced to buy a piece, that would be it.

It's a complete catastrophe. Ugly as sin.

I actually have to say that this is their best collection for Kenzo. By far.

For once, it actually looks like Kenzo. Their work for this house has - up until this point - never made any sense because they either have taken it too streetwear trendy, or it's looked too much like an extension of what OC already offers as a brand. They never really were able to nail down any sense of the history of the house. Here I actually see Kenzo and I think it's a really well done collection. It's not my taste, but I can appreciate it.

Also - the show really seems well done. I'm usually not big on live performances at runway shows since it's rare for it to feel like it is integral to the collection. Here it really does. I think they were so smart to have Jean-Paul Goude choreograph. The whole performance also looks very well rehearsed so it's tight and professional looking, too. That's another reason why I usually have a hard time with live performances at fashion shows - it never seems rehearsed enough! Haha always looks sloppy and tacked on last minute.

Well done!

I can't be bothered posting them all sorry haha.

:lol: Meanie!!

Thanks for posting, Dsamg! I must say it looks much better irl. The short which the Jonas guy is wearing looks good, very loud, but I'd take it. And those boots look even more like a kiddie Wellies, so hard pass for me.

I totally agree. Correct me if I'm wrong but every H&M collaboration so far has been much more accessible and the most expensive items have been rather elaborate pieces like those beaded Balmain dresses.

Perhaps this is an attempt to lure the existing H&M customer to Kenzo stores. A lot of hype is usually created around these collaborations as they are supposed to be "exclusive" and many people shell out more than they would normally do for the clothes. So when they don't manage to get something and realize the "real deal" is within a similar price range, they might as well go to a Kenzo store. Maybe it will prove to be a smart strategy.

I think same, it could be also strategic, Kenzo is not overspiced and with this collab they can win new customers for Kenzo.

I feel like this is the collection with the least buzz to be honest. The fashion press doesn't seem to have cared all that much about it and whilst I am sure it'll be gone in seconds and on eBay for a hell of a lot more, it seems a bit like everyone just wasn't all in that inspired by it generally.

Personally, I'm not even vaguely interested in the collection. It's an eyesore.

I feel like this is the collection with the least buzz to be honest. The fashion press doesn't seem to have cared all that much about it and whilst I am sure it'll be gone in seconds and on eBay for a hell of a lot more, it seems a bit like everyone just wasn't all in that inspired by it generally.

Personally, I'm not even vaguely interested in the collection. It's an eyesore.

Me too.
If in BalmainH&M were 2 pieces which i liked ,in KenzoxH&M i don't like anything. The Lookbook is also not the best of...
Last year, yes, everybody has been talking about BalmainXH&M collab, this year this collab seems to be simply a bunch of clothes. Sincerely, Kenzo start to be Little bit boring, the menswear collection was so youthful , same collab with H&M , this tiger and prints can find in better Interpretation, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just received the official countdown email from H&M with a link showing prices in British pounds (finally!). I somehow don't see the cost disparity people have been talking about here, it's looks very cheap to me. For the more chunkier pieces, yes, but for tees and sweatshirts it's pretty much average. Will certainly try to get the purple Kenzo Paris sweatshirt and collared shirt.

So for the first time in my country they are implementing the bracelet-timed system to shop the collection. Can anyone tell me, do they allow you to try the pieces on or is it just get in - pick stuff - buy stuff - get out?

I've just received the official countdown email from H&M with a link showing prices in British pounds (finally!). I somehow don't see the cost disparity people have been talking about here, it's looks very cheap to me. For the more chunkier pieces, yes, but for tees and sweatshirts it's pretty much average. Will certainly try to get the purple Kenzo Paris sweatshirt and collared shirt.

The price is pretty bad. Balmain x H&M was expensive but nowhere near the cost of Balmain. This Kenzo x H&M dress is $500?! I have a genuine Kenzo dress that I paid $200 less for. I thought the point was accessible high fashion, not H&M quality designer fashion at the same price.

https://postimage.org/
hm website

$250 for this bag is also more than I was expecting.
https://postimage.org/

So for the first time in my country they are implementing the bracelet-timed system to shop the collection. Can anyone tell me, do they allow you to try the pieces on or is it just get in - pick stuff - buy stuff - get out?

If it's like it is here in the UK, you grab what you want and then go to the fitting room with it. Although in doing so, you leave the 'area' as such, so it's unlikely you'll get back in after doing so.

So, if you're unsure of sizes, take both with you. As you're only supposed to be able to buy one of each item (it depends how strict the cashiers are) then it's advisable to try it on if it's for yourself.

Some pieces are already on eBay for SEVEN times the price..

Right! :shock: I googled and i found this on highsnobiety.com
Source : Highsnobiety.com

This tiger-patterned faux fur coat is listed for $899. If you don’t mind its 360% markup from $249, you’ll have to pay an additional $49 shipping. You can get a made-in-France metallic tiger-striped jacket from KENZO’s mainline for $1,230.

These wild pink striped stiletto-heeled boots are on sale for $599, up 100% from their $299 retail. You can get some real KENZO ankle boots — albeit with a lower heel and less seizure-inducing pattern — for just $15 more.

It looks like this is just a few enterprising shoppers trying their luck, but the fact that people are even doing it is a sign of just how ridiculous the hype is around these sorts of collections nowadays. Hardcore Supreme fans often offer a “proxy” pre-order service for fellow community members on drop days, only with a much more tolerable markup of 20% or so.

H&M’s fast-fashion collabs routinely cause mayhem when they go on sale (here’s a brief history of the retailer’s most hysteria-inducing link-ups) because they produce way, way less product than what they know they can sell. That’s a pretty common tactic these days, but when you combine it with the opportunity to buy luxury names at a heavily discounted price, it’s the perfect storm — no doubt you’ll be hearing a lot about H&M’s latest partnership when it drops November 3 — good luck getting your hands on a piece.

I never try to buy something from this collabs in H&M but i know ´that BalmainxH&M collab was take-pay-go. Surely will be same with KenzoxH&M .
Sincerely, the prices are not cheap, considering the winter sales which will start in one month with 20%-30% and in January will be till 70% (and some online retailers are still selling the items from last sales with 70% -if not the 80% of start Price , so, imo, ii make sense to search for really designer item ,maybe from last- f/w 15-16-year if you want have it now, or wait one month and buy original designer items.
I think they will not let the customers to try items or if they do it could happen all will be sold out in time you try one Dress. It is quit easy to see if it's your size or not without wear it first :wink:

It is quit easy to see if it's your size or not without wear it first :wink:

Ooh, I dunno, Fashionstuff! I'd say be verrry sure before you just grab from H&M. Not sure if it's just the men's line, but I find that everything always fits incredibly tight on me even though it's my usual size from other retailers. This is also part of the reason I no longer buy online from them.

I know every time I've worked a designer collection, you're allowed to go try it on. You can grab I believe two to three of an item and then take them to the fitting room (as attendants though we have to ask you to set down multiples if we see you grabbing too many). It doesn't count as leaving the area unless you go over the time limit your group is allowed. Like if you run to the fitting room and it only takes a minute to try things on you get to come back out and do more shopping or grab the size you need if you didn't have it.

Ooh, I dunno, Fashionstuff! I'd say be verrry sure before you just grab from H&M. Not sure if it's just the men's line, but I find that everything always fits incredibly tight on me even though it's my usual size from other retailers. This is also part of the reason I no longer buy online from them.

From H&M online surely not easy, and same is for luxury brands , exept Gucci, their clothes are pefect tailored and runs true to size.
But if you see "live" the item it's easy but surely if can try than better to try, the size can be ok but it's also about the tailoring. I had xs the whole life and it was difficult, in last years i have M and it's also not easy, also the clothes made in Italy are not same. One brand is 44 another 46, third can be 42!
I bought few times in H&M the skirts and i must tell they were true to size and not bad tailored, quality was terrible but the rest was really not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->