Kerry Washington

^ Kerry Washington at the 87th Annual Academy Awards.

Her dress is by Miu Miu... It was a snooze. The peplum is giving me mother of the bride. I hated the whole look. So disappointing because I love her. :(

vCMAxRO5.jpg

Popsugar

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah la la... Have to agree with you Nataliaapple: It's boring.
Thanks for posting though!

Not one good shot of her, all I see is cheekbones. Maybe she should just stay away from the magazines.

US Marie Claire April 2015: Kerry Washington By Tesh

Fashion Editor: Alison Edmond
Hair: Takisha Sturdivant at Ken Barboza Associates
Make-up: Carola Gonzalez at Forward Artists
Manicure: Ashlie Johnson at The Wall Group
Prop Styling: Mary Howard Studio
Interview: Lena Dunham

Source: imcmagazine.com

I like the hair and makeup from the MC shoot. Nice to see them try something else with her aside from the standard.

Actress Kerry Washington attends the 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on March 21, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.

zimbio

God, it looks like that pop art outfit is swallowing her. Bad cover! Why did they go for a white background?

Oh wow that Ebony magazine cover is hard to look at. Not because of her but because of the entire visual look of it, the print, the colors, the white background. Ouch.

Her GLAAD speech was phenomenal! She just took my respect from up there to way way way up there! She's just a hero

The Edit by Net-A-Porter
March 26, 2015

Notes on a Scandal
Model Kerry Washington
Photographer Bjorn Iooss
Styling Tracy Taylor

TV drama Scandal has garnered fans of political intrigue in every house – including a certain White one. ALIZA LICHT, aka social- media phenomenon DKNY PR Girl, speaks to its star, KERRY WASHINGTON, about the show’s strengths and the importance of Olivia Pope’s heels.

Every Thursday evening during Scandal season, millions of us tune in not just to watch Olivia Pope do battle with her White House enemies, but to Twitter, to read actress Kerry Washington’s live tweets of each show. Those in the know also hang on to every word of @DKNY, the account of Aliza Licht, Senior Vice President of Global Communications for Donna Karan and DKNY, who tweets her reactions during every episode to her 500,000+ followers. So what happened when The EDIT took it offline and invited the two to meet during New York Fashion Week? Over to Licht…

“Don’t ever ask me to make dinner plans on a Thursday, because I will decline. You see, on Thursday nights, millions of Scandal fans sit on a virtual couch together and wait with bated breath to see what Olivia Pope – the Washington DC crisis manager portrayed by Kerry Washington, 38 – has in store for us. Using #TGIT, we know that if we don’t watch an episode live, then we better run and hide from social media.

Which is why, on the morning of the recent Donna Karan FW15 runway show, instead of doing my last-minute prep, I found myself sitting in the restaurant of New York’s Mandarin Oriental hotel, waiting for Washington to arrive. As a ‘gladiator’ – the pet name that Olivia Pope gives her employees and Scandal gives its fans – I couldn’t wait to chat…”

AL: Now that you have established this huge presence in social media, do you feel like you can’t make plans on Thursdays?
KW: Oh yes, I have no social life on a Thursday! Every Thursday within three weeks of my [daughter Isabelle’s] due date, I loaded up pre-tweets based on the episodes and what I would want to say.

Did you tweet while you were actually in labor?
I tweeted in the very early stages of my labor. I figured that if I went completely silent on social media, then people would know I was in the hospital!

In the online world, everyone can air their opinions. Do you ever feel people take Scandal too seriously?
[Some people] do get caught up. Bellamy Young [who plays Olivia’s nemesis, Mellie Grant] and I are really good friends and sometimes when people see us out together they get very confused. I take it as a compliment.

How do you deal with negativity?
I’m really open to freedom of expression and I’m open to differences in opinion. But I draw the line at any level of sexism, racism, hatred or violence, so I block or report those people to [Twitter’s] security.

What do you think of Olivia Pope? Is there anything that you don’t like about her?
I love her. To me she’s like family, and with family, it doesn’t matter if you like them or not, you love them no matter what. I don’t always agree with her choices, but I have a lot of compassion for them.

What is the biggest difference between you and Olivia?
I do a lot of therapy! Not to say that I have it all together, but I think I have a little bit more awareness about my behavior patterns and I do the work it takes to get out of them.

What do you think Olivia’s main message is?
I don’t think [Scandal writer] Shonda Rhimes thinks in terms of messages, she thinks in terms of storytelling. She never wrote Olivia Pope to be a role model; she wrote her to be a human being, and part of what people identify with so much is that she is conflicted. In some ways, she’s so aspirational – you want to walk like her, dress like her, command attention like her and control a situation like her. In other ways, she’s a warning of what not to be.

Is your husband [former NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha] ‘Team Fitz’ or does he want Olivia to stand in the sun?
I have never asked my husband that, actually. But I would say that we are all ‘Team Shonda’. I really love that in the episode Where The Sun Don’t Shine, Olivia said, “I choose me.” That is a really powerful message.

Let’s talk about Scandal style. The clothing did something from the very beginning.
The fashion on the show is almost another character – [costume designer] Lyn Paolo and I were on the same page about that from day one. When we sat down to discuss Olivia’s wardrobe, we had pulled all the same images off the internet and from magazines. I think because Lyn had worked on [political] shows like The West Wing before, she really understood the aesthetic of Washington, and I had already been working for the White House for two years when I started this job. We wanted to get out of the typical navy-blue, boxy, ‘woman in a man’s suit’ definition of power dressing.

How do you get into the ‘Olivia Pope’ mindset?
The biggest thing for me are the shoes. I’ll wear Uggs around set, but I can’t rehearse a scene in them because I don’t feel like Olivia until I put the shoes on. Shoes define how you walk in the world and how you stand, like: what is your posture in life?

How would you define your personal style?
I’m a very moody dresser. For the red carpet, I am totally a stiletto girl. But in the rest of my life, I would say I’m 50/50. I love a good heel, but I also have a really great sneaker collection – that’s the Bronx girl in me.

Do you feel an obligation to be politically active?
I have a sense of responsibility that was ingrained in me as a kid, but I’m not perfect; I haven’t voted in every election. But I’m trying to be better about it because so many people put their lives on the line for me to have this right.

If you weren’t an actress, what would you be doing? Do you think you would be in politics?
I would be involved in politics, but I would probably be teaching. It’s what my mother did, so it’s in my blood. My mother is so badass. I watched her get her doctorate when I was a little girl: she got that around the same time that I graduated from kindergarten so we both had caps and gowns. I grew up with a belief in the importance of a woman’s mind and that has been a real gift for me.

Did Scandal appeal to you because of the Washington DC tie-in?
When my agents called me about the script, they said, ‘It’s almost like Shonda Rhimes wrote it for you.’ I read it and thought, ‘What do I have to do to get this?’

Let’s talk about cashmere at home and red wine. I’ve seen many a Donna Karan cashmere piece in that apartment.
Yes, we love our Donna! I remember early on in season one, Shonda came on set to talk to me about one of those ‘Olivia alone in her apartment’ moments. She looked at me and was like, ‘Well, of course that’s how Olivia sits at home, in her silk and cashmere.’

I feel like, in the beginning, everyone was like, wait, are we supposed to look that good at home, too?
I love that I get to feel elegant at home. When you’re at home, be good to yourself. It’s not about trying to impress anybody.

It’s a great mantra. What’s your favorite wine?
I don’t really drink.

This is such a problem.
I know. I drink Welch’s organic grape juice on the show.

How have Scandal fans surprised you the most?
By giving us life. We wouldn’t have a show if it weren’t for people like you. You know, I had a relationship with the President and the First Lady from my work for the [Obama 2012] campaign. When Scandal first came on, they all pity-watched, like, oh, Kerry’s been good to us, we should tune in because maybe nobody will watch. Now the First Lady’s Chief of Staff and the President’s Senior Advisor are like, ‘What’s happening next week?’ and I’m like, ‘What’s happening with healthcare?!’

How do you hope Olivia Pope will be remembered?
I hope people remember her as a complicated, fully realized human being; she’s not a stereotype and she’s not an accessory. I think that it’s important for women to know, in film and in TV and in life, that you can be the lead of your own story. I hope she’s remembered for that, as somebody who is the driving force of her own life.
Watch Season 4 of Scandal now. Aliza’s book, Leave Your Mark, is out May 5.
net-a-porter

someone finally does her right on a cover.

OH MY GOD!! This is perfection, and a little contract magazine at that. Those other titles should hang their heads in shame. Love every shot. Lets see if Vogue could better this.

Glamour May 2015

First Lady Michelle Obama graces the May cover of Glamour alongside Kerry Washington and Sarah Jessica Parker, and in the group's interview, they addressed the issues that face servicewomen, veterans, and military wives. As the first lady put it, "We live in a country where one percent of the population protects the rights and freedoms of the other 99 percent of us." The trio talks specifically about the experience of female veterans, plus how Hollywood frames their stories. At one point, the three women opened up about "their six" — military speak for people who have your back. Check out all the great May covers, and then keep reading to see who the women identify as their support systems. Catch the full interview in Glamour's May issue, which hits newsstands on April 14

On the people who have their backs:
Sarah Jessica Parker: "I feel like the six changes because our lives change. [When] I had my own children, my circle shifted. But my mother remains a big part of it. I mean, she annoyed me for so many years, but then it turned out she was right about everything — it kills me. Like, even color combinations! And then my older sister and women friends, who are living heroically in their own quiet ways."

Kerry Washington: "My parents are pretty awesome, and my extraordinary husband. The people who allow me to be the kind of working woman and mother I want to be — they've got my six. And my girlfriends. A couple of guys in there too, but just — your people. People who you can be real with when the cameras are off, and when people stop recording and asking you questions — the people who still care when you don't have touch-ups and primping and a dress you have to give back tomorrow."

Michelle Obama: "My mom. Barack and I couldn't do this without her. In those early years, when we were moving into this house, the kids were starting a new school in the middle of the year, and they were so little, so little, and we were trying to create some normalcy. Who took them to ballet? Who was there when we were traveling, so the kids would come home not to butlers and an empty house? My mom. And my mom is so not this place; she's the opposite of the White House. . . . This is not a comfortable circumstance for her. But she sacrificed her comfort in her later years, when she could be doing whatever she wanted, to be in this interesting position. She did it for me, and she did it for her grandkids. And then, I think like you guys, you know? I love my husband. He definitely has got my six. But it's the women in my life — I've always had this cadre of girlfriends, and we raised our children together. My kids have memories of ballet rehearsal, recitals, and somebody picking someone up [for a mom] who couldn't get off work. One of the worst days of my life was when our best babysitter said she had to move on. . . . I wept. That was when I had to tell my mom, 'You gotta help me. I can't go through another babysitter.' . . . But it was those girlfriends who would step up."
popsugar.com

Ebony Magazine
Images by Christian Högstedt

superselected

Ugh, I need a palate cleanser! This is too corny, and half of it is Kerry's fault. Cant she pose like a normal person, lol.

Movado Watches S/S 2015: Kerry Washington & Lily Collins

Source:facebook.com/movado

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->