Knee high boots with skirts?

OMG... by reading everones comments in here gives me alot of information...thanks everyone for great tips.....:D :wink: :flower:

Don't care if it's "en vogue" at the moment.
A skirt with nice boots always looks good ^_^
Just put it on and have fun!

The look is a classic. I have this black knee length skirt that flows a bit that I wear with high boots, and it looks so sexy yet classy at the same time. When you can find a look that can accomplish that, then you don't let it go simply because it might not be in.
My calfs are naturally very small, but due to dance, they're developed. They fit very nicely into boots. So even though that may seem like a drastic measure to make boots fit (ie, making your legs fit the boot - it's practically acient china all over again!), it did help.

knee length boots can only be worn with knee length skirts or longer otherwise you look like you are plying your wares! and only in winter/autumn

^ :lol:

I have to say I disagree though... I think a short skirt w/ a flat knee high boot is perfectly classy... it's the height of the heel you have to worry about, not the shaft imo :wink:

Welcome to tFS :flower:

Curious said:
I have to say I disagree though... I think a short skirt w/ a flat knee high boot is perfectly classy... it's the height of the heel you have to worry about, not the shaft imo :wink:

Absolutely- especially with thick tights and a turtleneck for a very 60's Mod vibe :woot:

This sounds like a great look - I want to try it out! Any suggestions for types of pencil skirts that would work with brown suede knee-highs?

oh i like it so bad... its just so vintage !! for me its never got out from fashion

Knee High boots with skirts is, like people have been saying, classic... or even just reasonable. How else would you show knee high boots except with a skirt (other than tucking jeans into them)?

Thank for the idea, stilettogirl84! It's true that it would fit, but some time ago I made myself a strange rule, not to wear denim skirts... but my resolve is slowly weakening.

then khaki would work as well- but I think denim with brown suede would just be a lovely contrast in colour/ texture

I think denim skirts are fine for semi- casual outfits

^i love denim skirts with tan or brown boots.
the key is proportion. if the skirt is short, the boot should be a flat or low-heeled version. if it's a knee-length skirt, a 3" heel is perfectly acceptable, i think.

I agree with that-

I love a denim mini with tights and flat knee boots-

or a denim pencil skirt with stiletto knee boots

Last edited by a moderator:
Love, love the look.

Many times I wear my black and brown knee-highs with tweed skirts. :heart:

I think this is a great look, depending on what the overall outfit is, and who is wearing it. It may sometimes appear unflattering but other times it looks great and really brings out legs...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->