Korean Entertainment & Entertainers

I love the fact that YG isn't about the looks. The talent of the members speak for itself.

Agreed.

I think SM is the worse agency right now. They have so many groups out. I think Super Junior is their only good one right now. And they have the worse contract imaginable. And when they leave the company they don't get any money what so ever.

I've been looking wikipedia and seems like the careers of most Korean Actors/Actresses are very short and they don't get a lot of roles. Maybe it's because a lot of singers are getting acting roles now?

Wasn't it a Filipino version of My Girl? It was a hot mess. I think the last Filipino drama that I loved and respected was Mara-Clara and Esperanza (I still lived in Philippines then). For some reason they don't care about quality anymore, they just want to hire the most good looking people. And there's so many remakes of Korean dramas these days. They have Full House now, right? OMG, do you watch Showtime? Ahahaha, I love it.

Nobody was very catchy, but I never understood their popularity. None of the girls can really sing all that well live. I think JYP is just an amazing marketer, especially that he has a lot of friends overseas.

I was gonna watch My Girl but I ended up watching My Sassy Girl, haha. It's almost done anyways so I'll start My Girl in a few.

Is My Name is Kim Sam Soon good?

I knew it! When you discussed the meaning of kamusta in the language thread I figured you must be part Filipino or you've been here or something. :D Hot mess is but a euphemism for the Pinoy My Girl version. Gawd, the cast were horrible. It's a good thing my TV's still intact after enduring such ludicrous shows especially since there are times when I'm really tempted to hurl it out the window. :lol: Full House is good, but I don't watch the Filipino version as I tend to get easily aggravated when I watch sub-par shows. Maybe it's good but I don't risk watching it. :lol:

My Sassy Girl! I loved the Canon in C version that the very pretty lead cast played. Destiny is building a bridge of chance for the one you love. :wub: I can't forget that My Sassy Girl line!

And yeah, I watch ShowTime on weekends as I have school on weekdays. It's a REAL laugh riot. As in I can't stop laughing when I watch it. :rofl:

I knew it! When you discussed the meaning of kamusta in the language thread I figured you must be part Filipino or you've been here or something. :D Hot mess is but a euphemism for the Pinoy My Girl version. Gawd, the cast were horrible. It's a good thing my TV's still intact after enduring such ludicrous shows especially since there are times when I'm really tempted to hurl it out the window. :lol: Full House is good, but I don't watch the Filipino version as I tend to get easily aggravated when I watch sub-par shows. Maybe it's good but I don't risk watching it. :lol:

My Sassy Girl! I loved the Canon in C version that the very pretty lead cast played. Destiny is building a bridge of chance for the one you love. :wub: I can't forget that My Sassy Girl line!

And yeah, I watch ShowTime on weekends as I have school on weekdays. It's a REAL laugh riot. As in I can't stop laughing when I watch it. :rofl:

Yup, I was born in Philippines, eheh. I loved Full House and it's probably my favorite Korean drama, and it was my first also, so I can't even attempt to watch a remake of it. I can't wait for Full House 2. Too bad Bi Rain won't be in it.

I'm still on the first episode of My Girl and it's funny, haha.

Oh yeah, did you know the government suspended Showtime? One of the judges, Rosanna Roces criticized the teachers of Philippines, it wasn't even all that serious.:angry:

leeroi- They're making Full House 2? WHOA! Who's in it? No Rain? Awwww too bad.

Isn't the main actress (Lee Dahae) in My Girl so funny! She's one of my favorite actresses. She plays those funny and outgoing characters really well. :smile: The actors are really attractive as well. :lol:

Yeah, I saw that in the news. They suspended Showtime. Well, all little issues get sensationalized here anyway so I wasn't surprised but it's too much for such simple fault. :furious:

There's a Full House 2? How come Rain's not the star? :( He played the first role in Full House 1 really nice. :D

Yeah, Lee Da Hae's pretty cute. I saw her on another Korean drama "Hello! My Lady" and it's cute too. The guy in My Girl, Lee Dong Wok, is beyond gorgeous. I love his style and his face! :lol:

Yeah, I saw that in the news. They suspended Showtime. Well, all little issues get sensationalized here anyway so I wasn't surprised but it's too much for such simple fault. :furious:

There's a Full House 2? How come Rain's not the star? :( He played the first role in Full House 1 really nice. :D

Yeah, Lee Da Hae's pretty cute. I saw her on another Korean drama "Hello! My Lady" and it's cute too. The guy in My Girl, Lee Dong Wok, is beyond gorgeous. I love his style and his face! :lol:
Maybe Rain isn't in Full House 2 because he has to serve in the army soon? Hmm that's just my theory, but I have no idea!

I saw "Hello! My Lady" as well! It was definitely a cute drama and she was hilarious in it. Lee Dahae starred in some serious dramas too like "Green Rose" and "East of Eden". It was a pity though because she left early in "East of Eden" because she wasn't happy with how little her character appeared in the drama. She was in another drama with one of my favorite actors Janghyuk in "Robbers" and she was so pretty and funny in this drama too. Speaking of Lee Dahae and Janghuk, they are starring in another 2010 drama called "Chuno" (which I'm watching now). Pretty excited! :lol:

Lee Dong Wook. I wonder where he is? I wish he had more popularity or more appreciation as an actor. He is definitely underrated. He's gorgeous for sure. :wink:

Bi Rain passed down the role a long time ago, that's why they haven't filmed it since they can't find a male lead yet. I think the actress that played the lead in the first Full House will be in it as well. Rumors were that since they can't have both, they'll just settle with one of them.

And yes, Bi Rain is planning on serving his mandatory military service this Spring. 2 years without Bi Rain, how sad.

I think most real actors/actresses are underrated in Korea. The public doesn't care much for them, they usually care more about singers who try acting. Blehhh.

I'm on the 3rd episode of My Girl and it's tooooo funny. I'm in my campus' library and I was laughing out loud earlier, literally. too embarrassing.

Bi Rain passed down the role a long time ago, that's why they haven't filmed it since they can't find a male lead yet. I think the actress that played the lead in the first Full House will be in it as well. Rumors were that since they can't have both, they'll just settle with one of them.

And yes, Bi Rain is planning on serving his mandatory military service this Spring. 2 years without Bi Rain, how sad.

I think most real actors/actresses are underrated in Korea. The public doesn't care much for them, they usually care more about singers who try acting. Blehhh.

I'm on the 3rd episode of My Girl and it's tooooo funny. I'm in my campus' library and I was laughing out loud earlier, literally. too embarrassing.
Hmmm. So Song Hye Gyo will be in and the male actor isn't decided yet? I'm curious as to who will be fulfilling Rain's spot.

Yeah. It's like an almost given that singers have to be good in acting as well. I would say most of them should work on their singing first rather than acting :lol:. I heard something from someone that actually a lot of people who are dreaming to be actors/actresses have to become singers first to bridge into acting and to star in dramas and such. That's why a lot of singers are starring in dramas nowadays.

HAHA. 3rd episode. I'm browsing through my itunes library to quickly remember what happens in episode 3. OOhhhh episode 4 is one of my favorite episodes. You're going to laugh even more in that episode! :lol:

The male lead hasn't been decided yet. Full House 2 has been in the works for a few years now, their only problem was to find the main leads. Bi Rain wanted to leave Full House behind since it was a classic drama; which is a good point because Full House 2 might be a disaster like other drama sequals. What if Song Hye Gyo will be in it but the storyline is completely different so she isn't really a lead? I deno, maybe they'll have have completely different leads. But it wouldn't make sense. That's why Goong S failed most likely because it didn't connect with the first one.

Some singers are better at acting that singing, but some just need to stay with their day jobs. Mainly it's the guys I have a problem with because they're trained to be pretty boys so when they go in front of the camera a lot of them can't convey any other emotion except looking "cute". Ehhhh.

Haha. I'm half way of the 3rd episode, I need to take a break. My eyes hurt and I haven't been getting enough sleep because of these dramas. Darn it! But it's so hard to resist. Haha.

The male lead hasn't been decided yet. Full House 2 has been in the works for a few years now, their only problem was to find the main leads. Bi Rain wanted to leave Full House behind since it was a classic drama; which is a good point because Full House 2 might be a disaster like other drama sequals. What if Song Hye Gyo will be in it but the storyline is completely different so she isn't really a lead? I deno, maybe they'll have have completely different leads. But it wouldn't make sense. That's why Goong S failed most likely because it didn't connect with the first one.

Some singers are better at acting that singing, but some just need to stay with their day jobs. Mainly it's the guys I have a problem with because they're trained to be pretty boys so when they go in front of the camera a lot of them can't convey any other emotion except looking "cute". Ehhhh.

Haha. I'm half way of the 3rd episode, I need to take a break. My eyes hurt and I haven't been getting enough sleep because of these dramas. Darn it! But it's so hard to resist. Haha.
Speaking of singers/actors, I'm excited for the debut of CNBLUE tomorrow. Jung Yonghwa (the actor who portrayed Shinwoo from "You're Beautiful") definitely is out of the norm since he debuted first as an actor rather than a singer. HAHA. I'm excited to see him as a real live singer now and he sings pretty well from the little segment of his guitar scene for Minam.
CNBLUE is supposed to be an indie/rock band type of group. So excited! I love indie music.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAYYY! That's better than most, if not, all the current music right now. It's very different and none of that techno and dance stuff.

I think all the people from You're Beautiful are talented. Haha. Jang Geun Suk himself is a great singer. Also Lee Hongki. And uhhh the girl can also sing, I guess, lol.

Some actors can really sing. Kim Bum for example is a good singer. I think he is a better singer than an actor, but I guess his passion is acting.

YAYYY! That's better than most, if not, all the current music right now. It's very different and none of that techno and dance stuff.

I think all the people from You're Beautiful are talented. Haha. Jang Geun Suk himself is a great singer. Also Lee Hongki. And uhhh the girl can also sing, I guess, lol.

Some actors can really sing. Kim Bum for example is a good singer. I think he is a better singer than an actor, but I guess his passion is acting.
Ahh! Speaking of Kim Bum, when I heard him sing, I got goosebumps. He is an amazing singer. Such a pretty voice. :lol:

Yes the people in You're Beautiful were great! They did such a good job casting. :smile: I wish Jang Geun Suk sang more in it though. B)

Honestly though, I don't think the music industry wont give Kim Bum a chance because he isn't part of the group. No solo singer right now is even being recognized, such a shame. We're stuck having to watch all these groups in every concert event.

They need to make ANJELL a band immediately! But Lee Hongki is already part of FT Island and Yonghwa is part of CN Blue and the other two are full time actors/actresses.

I'm on episode 4 by the way, and the girl's imagination is beyond hilarious. Haha.

BTW Leeroi, Did you see the commercial Kim Bum did for RC Cola Philippines? :lol:

And as for Seol Gong-chan (Lee Dong Wok), he can stand all day and say nothing and I'd still watch My Girl. :rofl: I love his suits, coats, his getup so to speak.

Oh yeah, I remember Green Rose but I didn't watch it. It was too dramatic for me. I've had enough of that in local TV shows whose surreal overly dramatic plots make you wish you had no TV at all. :lol:

I'm laughing here too. Good thing I'm in my room. I rewatched the first My Girl episodes. :rofl:

Yup! The one he did with Maja Salvador? Haha. She's really gorgeous. Wished she was in more shows, seriously. She looks better than Erich, haha.

I'm mad Spris (Korean brand) replaced Kim Bum with 2PM. Ehhh, probably because of all the hype they're getting.

Haha, I can't stand the over usage of melodramatic scenes in every episode of Filipino dramas. Seriously, I was watching Katorse and I swear the main characters were crying or fighting or dying in every episode. And each episode is less than 30 mins long. Ugh. The story would have been great, but the production was really sub par.

Haha. I'm finally on the 5th episode. Seol Gong-chan is really cool. And the lead girl reminds me of the lead girl from Full House. I'm liking this drama a lot because it's easy to watch and you don't have to think too much and it's simple. I hate dramas where they start getting too complicated.

Oh yes, and Seol Gong-chan can really dress. I love his coats.

I'm a fan of how Seol Gongchan dresses as well! He pulls off all his outfits really well! I love his hair as well. HAHA
I wasn't too crazy about Jungwoo's style in the beginning, but it grew on me. I love Joo Yoorin's style too! She's so pretty and cute. :smile: She looks good in everything.

Go "My Girl"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->