La Perla Pre-Fall 2017 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

HARPERSBAZAAR.CO.UK

I just feel bad for these campaign because they feel like such a waste! like imagine if this was Joan Smalls, Jourdan, or Anais

Can I roll my eyes ...

Hope she's not the only girl on this campaign

Wow, her face looks truly horrible here.

It's so annoying to see how M&M seems to take La Perla further and further away from their core with their last two campaigns! The bright colours and juvenile styling makes it look like a glorified TeenVogue story.
I don't mind Kendall at all because I know she wasn't handpicked by M&M or selected based on merit or sexiness, looks like the higher-ups called the shots here. In that sense it's more tolerable for me because it's just plain old desperation.

The last LaPerla campaign by Klein was fantastic and Kendall carried that campaign... but it was not sexy enough to sell lingerie...so they went back to M&M.
I am going to wait for more pics before judging...I think it's her and Liu Wen for this campaign.

When a label that’s all about the dream of a smouldering, inferno body-heat, and luxurious decadence has resorted to lifeless catalogue shots like this— I mean, how many times has that mannequin pose been predictably peddled by fashion photography 101…???? Dire, corporate meddling to appeal to the masses is all this conjures up. Not a single lingering of smoulder, heat, luxurious decadence. If you’re the type that always dismissed Mert & Marcus as lesser copycats, this brand of safe, numb, generic catalogue shot by-the-books makes their previous plagiarism/homage seem like genuine high fashion dream-making. :sign:

I’d go with a threesome of Pooja, Imaan and Lineisy made up to their most smouldering inner-Sirens— all caremal-skin, ebony-lacquered hair right out of a vintage-y opium-veiled French Vogue fever, circa 1978. :dreams:

I wonder what they gonna find offensive about this. :rolleyes:

Is that really the best shot they could get?!! Come on.....

Ewwwww. Omg there is something so wrong about this. She looks like an underage girl being told to be sexy. It doesn't work. Makes me so uncomfortable.

This outfit is already ugly and her """model skils""" are not helping AT ALL!

More...
2r76pgm.jpg
2prsmt5.jpg

visualizing.fashion

I don't think sexy is what they are trying portray in the Ad... more like alien chick in lingerie LOL...

funny enough she has the look and height but the emotion is totally lacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->