Versace S/S 2021 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

^Oh this is stunning! Everything about it. I'm just not too sold on her hair here. Did Paul Hanlon do the runway hair as well, because that was way better. Saw Precious' runway candid in US Vogue and it looked chic less try-hard.

And it pains me to say this but Mica, who I normally cannot stand, looks amazing! Maybe because it's not your usual 'sexy' shot, but it works.

S/S 2021 looks set to be a good season for campaigns.

Well surprising no one mentioned the attempt of doing Meisel campaign buy Mert & Marcus from the wet look hair ( sorry but Steven does it better ) light setting from previous Versace ad and those annoying collage...

Expect to its not that bad Precious steals the show so happy for her , Kendall looks okay but random booking as usual , Ms Hailey is just a disaster here please just stick to your PR Deal with Saint Laurent and I was expecting a Joan Smalls or Imaan for this campaign would have been epic. The males shot are okay but could be way striking.

Well surprising no one mentioned the attempt of doing Meisel campaign buy Mert & Marcus from the wet look hair ( sorry but Steven does it better ) light setting from previous Versace ad and those annoying collage...

Expect to its not that bad Precious steals the show so happy for her , Kendall looks okay but random booking as usual , Ms Hailey is just a disaster here please just stick to your PR Deal with Saint Laurent and I was expecting a Joan Smalls or Imaan for this campaign would have been epic. The males shot are okay but could be way striking.

I've personally always found M&M's work reflecting very similar aesthetics to Meisel but let's not forget who the true dewy/wet ideas originate from *cough* Avedon *cough*

I’ll be fair, they all look good! the collection was a disaster so the pictures do elevate it.
the wet hair bores me to death though.

kudos to Mica for booking campaigns after campaigns. I have NEVER got her appeal but at least here she looks fine.

also, M&M doing Meisel scandalously (even if Meisel did Avedon like a copy cat and it never bothered anyone).

I'm conflicted. I tired of seeing Kendall, and why the hell is Hailey even there, but at the same time Kendall looks good here. I share everybody else that the bags are fugly. As for the clothing themselves, I dont know, they are just kind of out there, certainly not something I think of when I think 'Versace'. I am kind of digging what Mona and Kendall are wearing though.

I feel conflicted too @[B]SLFC[/B]. I don't want to bash the campaign because it's Versace, we have Mert & Marcus and there's a strong sense of glamour but the casting is extremely random and disjointed. Personally, I would've just had Precious Lee solo to make a real statement.

The real shocker of this whole campaign, nevertheless, is how well Kendall Jenner has photographed (her shot perhaps being my fave out the bunch). I love all the black and how commanding her stare is (especially given Jenner's lackluster track record). Mica Arganaraz and Mona Tougaard have also photographed well - love Mica's pose and how androgynous she looks.

Hailey Bieber looks almost unrecognizable and perhaps if Precious Lee wasn't just wearing the same look as on the runway, her shot would've felt more exciting and warranted more of a celebration. All the images, however, look undoubtedly better and elevated with the Versace logo.

It’s so tacky, I kinda like it! Kendall looks decent here.
On other hand, Mrs Bieber looks like Ashlee Simpson LOL. It took me several minutes to realize that it’s her

Also Kendall’s brow lift is painfully obvious here - really did elevate her looks though

Okay I know we say this for her every appearance but that Hailey girl is just SO bad at her job lol. Kendall looks okay here.

I love Precious's shot!

Looks like the Steven Meisel ads. What's the point? Sick of the wet hair too. Very reductive.

Why does she look like a Californian version of Anna Cleveland?

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by the campaign images. Especially Mica is the standout here which is as surprising as having to admit Kendall does not feel like a miscast for once. I hope there will be group shots too.

I could do without that pink sticker with the shadow around it, what is the point?

This is the only good campaign thus far this season. Hailey actually looks amazing here, fight me. Precious and Kendall on the other hand..... could have done without them. Mona and Mica look amazing, too. Mica is the definite standout here. She looks fantastic.

So good. Refreshing Versace decided to take something seriously for once.

I don't know if it's the lighting or retouching but photos look unfinished. M&M should come back to their old style.
Is Ferdinando Verderi the only creative director available in Italy? Why brands keep hiring this hack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->