Lazaro And Jack

^ Ohhh... :shock: I hope it was just a bad day for them and that's not who they really are everyday...

I just saw them in Loic Prigent's "The Day Before"....for their FW09/10 collection and OMG...fell in love with them! ok ok...more so Lazaro but whatevs.

Are they back together? Cause he def look very much together.

I just looked up the definition of slot and it says
- a narrow, elongated depression, groove, notch, slit, a hole, or aperture, a narrow opening for receiving or admitting something.
I'm definitely not that

INITIATED DIALOGS, PHOTOGRAPHY BY EZRA PETRONIO, ISSUE N°35
30719728105783858439715.jpg

29730328105785191772915.jpg

Facebook/Self Service

Spring/Summer 2009

Proenza+Schouler+Spring+2009+kwf0CqS4e5pl.jpg

Fall/Winter 09.10

Proenza+Schouler+Fall+2009+wWspVvuQJAal.jpg

Spring/Summer 2010

Proenza+Schouler+Spring+2010+CRwjO7ljlukl.jpg

Fall/Winter 10.11

Proenza+Schouler+Fall+2010+0tjeDPQUvxRl.jpg

Spring/Summer 2011

Proenza+Schouler+Spring+2011+ybpmSne-txXl.jpg

Fall/Winter 11.12

Proenza+Schouler+Fall+2011+AnsPNC80u5tl.jpg

Spring/Summer 2012

Proenza+Schouler+Spring+2012+3wOFEkKhrUrl.jpg

stylebistro.com

The Fashion Group International 28th Annual Night of Stars

1g81oel2.jpg

Jack McCollough, Cathy Horyn, Lazaro Hernandez, and Shirley Cook.
style.com

ohhh!! count me in the fan club. I LOVE THESE GUYS :wub: (I have a picture of them on my wall :smile: hot and talented. )

(L-R) Jack McCollough, Victoria Traina and Lazaro Hernandez attend the 7th Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards at Skylight SOHO on November 15, 2010 in New York City. (November 14, 2010 - Photo by Ben Gabbe/Getty Images North America)
Jack+McCollough+7th+Annual+CFDA+Vogue+Fashion+IGCZnkBl7CPl.jpg

Designers Jack McCollough (L) and Lazaro Hernandez with actress Kristen Stewart attend the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 2, 2011 in New York City. (May 1, 2011 - Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America)
Jack+McCollough+Alexander+McQueen+Savage+Beauty+fk2q91z8K_Yl.jpg

Womenswear Designer of the Year Award honorees Jack McCollough (L) and Lazaro Hernandez (R) pose backstage at the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on June 6, 2011 in New York City. (June 5, 2011 - Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images North America)
Jack+McCollough+2011+CFDA+Fashion+Awards+Winner+GV3pviJJP3Kl.jpg
Jack+McCollough+2011+CFDA+Fashion+Awards+Arrivals+89FUhOpvI3ll.jpg

Jack+McCollough+2011+CFDA+Fashion+Awards+Show+8j-5KWFRLq3l.jpg

Designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough watch a dress rehearsal prior to the Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at 330 West St. on September 14, 2011 in New York City. (September 13, 2011 - Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images North America)
Jack+McCollough+Celebs+Proenza+Schouler+Show+vyeVX52qtztl.jpg

Jack+McCollough+Celebs+Proenza+Schouler+Show+_IISVgIQBApl.jpg

Jack+McCollough+Celebs+Proenza+Schouler+Show+t7tntC6Tk-Nx.jpg

Designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler attend the Fashion Group International's 28th annual Night of Stars at Cipriani Wall Street on October 27, 2011 in New York City. (October 26, 2011 - Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images North America)
Jack+McCollough+Fashion+Group+International+qtTwDAKckpVl.jpg

I find it funny when women swoon over some designers and become a fan of theirs as well. I wonder though; would you like their clothes much if you didn't find the designer(s) attractive or charming?

They're definitely decent-looking men, and as for their designs, I find them to be definitely much hype about nothing-- as most of the more popular American designers are: It's all designs we've all seen before and done too many times, but as with American designers who are fortunate enough to be the favorites of American Vogue and you-know-who, they're elevated to such iconic status over what is essentially high-priced versions of thrift-store finds.

I agree on the fact that it's overpriced.
It may be re-hashing some some designs that have been seen in the past, but nowadays most designers do, putting their own spin to it.
I didn't know what jack and lazaro looked like when I first was interested in proenza schouler. What attracted me the most was the whole universe, the styling, the design and I love their collaborations with harmony korine.

I like Lanvin but don't find Alber to particularly attractive just like I find Zac Posen to have a hell of a charm but not really like his clothing. Jack and Lazaro's good looks are a bonus. :smile:

^^^That's just it, isn't it? They're just so atypical of the vast majority of designers: rehashing the same fashion designs over and over, and not going beyond that. I don't think they're so unique and distinctive in their design signature like Miuccia, Albar, McQueen, Pilati, Anne Demeulemeester to name just a few who are really deserving of the praise. So why are they so popular with women? I suppose I may ask that question about Alexander Wang as well...

Ultimately, people will like what they like as our tastes are all different, and no one is more right or wrong in that sense, as fashion and style is so subjective. But I can't help but notice that the styling and overall design aesthetics of American designers, and particularly P&S, are just too atypical and common to be deserving of such high status in high fashion.

(As for Zac Posen being charming; don't know if you've read the thread on him, but he comes across as more of a delusional and spoiled brat than anything charming.)

^^^That's just it, isn't it? They're just so atypical of the vast majority of designers: rehashing the same fashion designs over and over, and not going beyond that. I don't think they're so unique and distinctive in their design signature like Miuccia, Albar, McQueen, Pilati, Anne Demeulemeester to name just a few who are really deserving of the praise. So why are they so popular with women? I suppose I may ask that question about Alexander Wang as well...

Ultimately, people will like what they like as our tastes are all different, and no one is more right or wrong in that sense, as fashion and style is so subjective. But I can't help but notice that the styling and overall design aesthetics of American designers, and particularly P&S, are just too atypical and common to be deserving of such high status in high fashion.

(As for Zac Posen being charming; don't know if you've read the thread on him, but he comes across as more of a delusional and spoiled brat than anything charming.)

Did you mean typical? (I'm a little confused otherwise)

I know what you mean when you compare them to those other designers. I don't have an answer to that, it really is a question of taste/subjectivity. A lot of people do see potential and talent in them, down to teachers in fashion schools telling us to keep track of their work because they have a sharp sense of style (not that that proves anything), but you have every right to not like them for the reasons you mentioned. :flower:

(no I haven't actually, I was just basing that on his physic :innocent:)

^^^Yes-- I meant typical:D

I think for the most part, P&S design clothes that are are "pretty" and "cute" based on vintage designs which more women can relate to then the more aggressive, harder and experimental silhouettes of the more innovative and interesting designers. And that seems to be a common thing with American designers-- more accessible and commercial wearability. Nothing wrong with that, but they all seem to blur together for me: P&S, Jason Wu, Phillip Lim...

Anyway, people seem to go on and on about their looks, and although I don't find them unattractive, as mentioned-- I do find them decent-looking, I think if it weren't for the hype around them (and that includes their looks), I really do wonder if they would be as popular. The image of two dashing and charming men designing dresses for women helps no doubt, but for individuals like Alber, it seems to be more about his skills and talent because let's be honest, he looks like the Penguin from Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->