Leonardo DiCaprio Relationship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, those headlines are CLASSIC, :lol: and so true. He is a modelizer of the nth degree. :P

I quote the Patron Saint of Modelizers:

"The only people who think there is something wrong with dating a lot of models are people who can't date a lot of models...!" - Donald Trump

I'm conflicted. yes he has a type, but considering his past relationships - when he is in a relationship he does seem to be in it for the long run (well, until it becomes serious enough for marriage or babies)

he was with Gisele and Bar for a looong time. so even if he has a type, it's not like he is completely wh*ring around all of the models night after night.
not that I approve him dating all these much younger girls. but it doesn't seem as bad as it could be.

I'm conflicted. yes he has a type, but considering his past relationships - when he is in a relationship he does seem to be in it for the long run (well, until it becomes serious enough for marriage or babies)

he was with Gisele and Bar for a looong time. so even if he has a type, it's not like he is completely wh*ring around all of the models night after night.
not that I approve him dating all these much younger girls. but it doesn't seem as bad as it could be.

But he was unable to settle down to one girl this year. I mean this can be possible but after a break up with Bar, Blake, Karlie Kloss, included only God knows the others, and now Erin..Bam!

i find it stinky...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes he has a type and he trades up for a younger version every few years. I think that's what makes it so creepy/sleazy not that he's just dating women of a certain type. :wink:

I think that he will regret not putting a ring on Gisele's finger when he had the chance. Love her or hate her, the woman is perfect: successful, beautiful, great body, intelligent, passionate about issues, and seems like an all around great person. He's not going to find a model that tops her. Bar seemed like she was thick as hell and strikes me as very superficial. What I find really strange is that his girlfriends bare a striking resemblance to him and in some ways to his mom (small blue eyes, blonde, big nose). I feel like he's got some Oedipal complex or something and it's rubbing off on his personal life.

I guess some people find his serial dating of models a easier shtick to hate on since not much is really reported about him when it comes to his personal life. Gisele and Bar have both respectively been with Leo the longest but I honestly think he and Kristen Zang were also really serious too.

I've at least remember him casually hooking up with other women besides the "tall blondes" but the media doesn't pick up on it because they rather have Leo being known for "his type".

My problem isn't necessarily with him, to me its the girls. I mean, what straight guy wouldn't want to be with a VS or SI model? What I don't understand is why any girl would want to follow in the foot steps of models like Gisele, Bar, & Anne V. Have some respect for yourself. Why would you date a horn dog like him?

Was it confirmed he hit on Karlie or was that just a rumor? Because a few years ago, the media wrote that Justin Timberlake hit on Andi Muise backstage at VS but Andi said they passed each other and said "hey".

My problem isn't necessarily with him, to me its the girls. I mean, what straight guy wouldn't want to be with a VS or SI model? What I don't understand is why any girl would want to follow in the foot steps of models like Gisele, Bar, & Anne V. Have some respect for yourself. Why would you date a horn dog like him?

i think i know: first money, second money, third money, and finally: fame and bask in his glory and success
- it's like a curse - as he will ever be able to build a natural and honest relationship:unsure::(

people keep saying karlie kloss just do add to the list but it was nothing but a very brief comment about one incident, and nothing came of it.

i don't mind him and erin as a couple. she seems to have a great personality and not someone who would just be a mute while he rambled on about himself... i hope!

I can see why B List models and actresses (at least to the general public, we're different here...) would want to go with a handsome, single movie star- even if it is for a short time; nothing like four pages in Us and People every week to put your career into a new orbit...:wink:

^Yep every model who dates him-- including Gisele- enjoys a career boost. Bar Rafaeli was just another bland, indistinguishable blonde but after Leo she suddenly landed a Sports Illustrated cover and was declared a "supermodel" by the media despite not really having the resume.

I can see why B List models and actresses (at least to the general public, we're different here...) would want to go with a handsome, single movie star- even if it is for a short time; nothing like four pages in Us and People every week to put your career into a new orbit...:wink:
I agree. Is it really that serious for a woman in her twenties to go out with him? Now I can see if she was running around publicly calling him the love of her life and getting Leo tattooed somewhere, but if he asks her out and she finds him attractive then I say go for it.

Leo definitely has a physical type and the fact that he gets older and his girlfriends stay roughly the same age does reflect that the guy may not be fully matured / totally self-actualized when it comes to romantic relationships, but whoopty doo, he is certainly not alone on this front there are several award winning directors, actors, businessmen who have a similar afflictions. New York and Los Angeles are lousy with blond model types, so I don't assume he cannot find a young, leggy blonde who is not an airhead. Don't get it twisted, of course Leo's modelizing is very snark worthy so keep the jokes coming, but IMO he still has another 10-15 years before he attains creepy, old man status and even then it will still be his prerogative to continue hooking up with young, leggy blondes.

^ Yup, and (I may have mentioned this before somewhere) on the DVD extras for The Aviator he is part of a discussion panel about Howard Hughes and the research he did for the role, and this guy is far from dumb; I was very impressed (and a little surprised) at how articulate and well versed he is on things...I can see how he would be very interesting to be around...

It is amazing, sometimes, the contrast between people in their professional lives as opposed to their personal ones. One can be completely stellar, functional and intelligent at work and then a buffoon in his/her personal life.

I find it weird not only that he is a modelizer, because there are plenty of those, but the fact that there is a distinctly "carbon copy" aspect to the girls he picks is definitely creepy. It just makes me think of Steford Wives or something robotic and clone-like. I am not saying the girls are robotic, just that his choices are. It's like a classic Freudian "repetition compulsion."

^ Or, maybe that is the sort of girl that lights his fire!! :lol: I mean- he is handsome, fit, rich and famous- he certainly has plenty of potential social partners to choose from...Would we be as critical if it was a beautiful actress or model that ended up with a long haired, freaky rock star over and over again?? :unsure:

^ Yeah, I think I would, anyhow. If we saw an A-list actress date **several** men who look nearly alike in back-to-back-to-back-to-back-ad-infinitum succession, I would think that was creepy too. Sure most of us are, superfically, attracted to one type more than another. I like dark haired guys best, but that hasn't stopped me from dating light haired ones in the past (am settled now :wink:) or having personal crushes on blonde celebs. Chemistry isn't destiny!! :smile: Leo just seems to choose almost the same girl over and over again. It seems almost as though what is below the SURFACE -the heart, the personality, the intelligence- doesn't even matter to him. Especially if he goes to VS shows and picks a girl out, like he is shopping. I mean, that is just freaky and goes beyond lighting a fire imo. I take your point, but in Leo's case, it has gone "beyond" due to the repetition. And why aren't any of them closer to his own age? That too is repeated in each. Not one over 30 right? Why? It is like he has picked one song and stuck it on repeat.

And why aren't any of them closer to his own age? That too is repeated in each. Not one over 30 right? Why? It is like he has picked one song and stuck it on repeat.

Because he doesn't want to get married. How many women over 30 just want to date with no plans of marriage in sight? Single women hit 28 and start panicking if they are not engaged. If Leo doesn't want marriage, he's not going to date someone who has marriage on the brain. And most 23 year olds aren't thinking about marriage whereas many 29 year olds are.

That's probably also why they break up after a few years. At 23, she's not thinking about the future. But at 28, she brings up the issue of marriage, realizes it's never going to happen with Leo, and they split up so she can go find someone who wants the same things she wants.

^ Amen...and I'm a combat veteran of several of these campaigns.... B) Maybe he likes being single and also likes beautiful young women? There doesn't really have to be a deep, dark secret behind it all.... :wink:

I agree. Is it really that serious for a woman in her twenties to go out with him? Now I can see if she was running around publicly calling him the love of her life and getting Leo tattooed somewhere, but if he asks her out and she finds him attractive then I say go for it.

Leo definitely has a physical type and the fact that he gets older and his girlfriends stay roughly the same age does reflect that the guy may not be fully matured / totally self-actualized when it comes to romantic relationships, but whoopty doo, he is certainly not alone on this front there are several award winning directors, actors, businessmen who have a similar afflictions. New York and Los Angeles are lousy with blond model types, so I don't assume he cannot find a young, leggy blonde who is not an airhead. Don't get it twisted, of course Leo's modelizing is very snark worthy so keep the jokes coming, but IMO he still has another 10-15 years before he attains creepy, old man status and even then it will still be his prerogative to continue hooking up with young, leggy blondes.

Nah. I think he's mature enough. He's just also shallow. But whatever, he does it because he can. Because women let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->