Lime Crime Makeup

Blondes, thank you. i'm glad other people have noticed that its a scam. :flower:

Seriously, with all the shady stuff with this company, why not just try something else? They're more expensive than MAC for crying out loud. And realistically it can't be anything else than private label stuff.

..and they have a "street team" that is spamming a lot of blogs, LJ communities etc.

highly lame.

too bad, i liked most of the lipstick shades.. are there any brands with similar colouring?

Thanks for posting that. It's sad because I use to know Xenia from livejournal years ago and dont remember her being this way. Oh well.

I mean, most people who make their own makeup get their mica from TKB Trading and just mix them together to get unique colors, add titanium dioxide, etc. Seems like she just bought plain old mica and put no real effort into it. That's just sad really. :innocent:

Urgh, just ordered the lovely red Retrofuturist lipstick before discovering all the awful reviews. I kind of wish I'd just gone to a Mac counter.

Just thought I'd update, got my lipstick today and I really love it. It's a very vibrant red, feels a little waxy on the lips but it does not budge. The colour is just brilliant, I've had it on my lips for about 2 hrs now and it's still looking fresh.

Looks good but I like to be able to at least see the color in real life.

I never buy anything online unless I've bought it at a store before.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP!

I've been looking for a light creamsicle-like orange lip color and it seems that Lime Crime carries just what I'm looking for.

misspistol - have you purchased anything else from Lime Crime?

Here is the color that I love... :heart:

cosmopop__54230_zoom.jpg

limecrimemakeup.com

Any recent reviews would be appreciated. :flower: And if they're still dismal... does anybody at least know of a similar color? I have been unable to find anything similar! :(

^ The 'Cha Cha' lip tar by OCC looks very similar.

I just looked this up. Though the color is very good, it's still not like a creamsicle look that this Lime Crime has. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :flower:

The Ida - I thought maybe you'd pop in here! You seem to be quite knowledgable on makeup. :wink: Have you seen any color like this??? Yes, it's quite pretty! :heart: I may just scoop it up and test it for myself.

^I have never come across a colour like that I must admit, but I'd very much like to! Oh it's gorgeous, esp for pale folks like us :D

Illamasqua Obey is very, very similar and a much nicer alternative to the tacky Lime Crime.

b3b230e7.jpg

Out of curiosity I bought three of them. I wanted the blue but it was sold out. They are quite pigmented and creamy
Pink: Countessa fluorescent
Purple: Airborne Unicorn
Peach: Cosmopop

Out of curiosity I bought three of them. I wanted the blue but it was sold out. They are quite pigmented and creamy
Pink: Countessa fluorescent
Purple: Airborne Unicorn
Peach: Cosmopop

Awesome! Do you have any photos of you wearing them?

My mom gave me Cosmopop for my birthday - I was soo excited. I wore it for the first time yesterday and was so delighted. I've been looking for a creamy light peach for the longest time. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->