Lip Exfoliator

I always brush me lips with my toothbrush while i brush my teeth (that means 2 or 3 times a day). I never had a problem, i never have chapped lips. NEVER. Then i put on some lip balm or lip gloss. My lips are ULTRA soft!!

Yes - that's what I do, the toothbrush thing. It's free - AND effective. Can't beat that.

I ALWAYS have chapped lips. I don't know why but I do, especially now in the winter, My lips get chapped so easily :cry:
I'll have to try the toothbrush thing...I just hope it doesn't irritate the skin around my lips :ermm: For chapstick, I have to say, I'm been using the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment for a while now and I find that it's pretty effective with exfoliation.

Yeah, like what most people said on the 1st page, "petroleum jelly, and scrub 'em when you brush your teeth in the morning."

lemon juice and sugar paste or the toothbrush drill, and plain old honey for hydration and repair...

Would lemon juice not sting? Especially when your lips are really chapped and sore.

I use this great one from Clinique. Comes in a little green bottle, it really soothes and i think it works well. :smile:

I highly recommend this lip scrub by Sara Happ. It´s a sugar scrub and it comes in amazing flavors. http://www.thelipscrub.com/ Works really good. Much better than brushing with toothbrush.

Nowadays I do the toothbrush thing after I brush my teeth... works like a charm... and it's an amazing feeling, having super smooth lips. :heart:

I usually use an old toothbrush to take away the dead skin.

Or if I have time, I apply a giant amount of vaseline on my lips then take a piece of plastic wrap and place it on my lips for 20 minutes. Afterwards I take a damp cloth and wipe the mess off in a circular motion. Its way better than the toothbrush method but it takes too long and I look like a weirdo walking around with plastic wrap on my lips. lol

I use Vaseline mixed with sugar about once or twice a week and then apply either honey or a very rich lip balm.

Sugar... I should give that a shot... and honey afterwards... both great suggestions/ideas.

this may sound ignorant, when really I'm just clueless :smile: - (for those who do) are you brushing your lips with the toothbrush you just brushed your teeth with, or are you using a slightly older/used toothbrush with softer bristles? i'm still trying to tackle the issue of dryness - but i also hate when my lips begin to peel later in the morning. i'll have to try the other home remedies as well...

^ I always use the same toothbrush that I use after brushing my teeth. After I rinse (and rinse my toothbrush off) I take the still-wet bristles and rub over my lips for about 30 seconds (gently!). I then dry my lips and apply a thick coat of Vaseline.

YSL Baume Exfoliant

tastes yummy of strawberries and sugar and leaves the lips feel SMOOTH.... and minty.

The best tip i could give is to invest in a baby toothbrush especially for your lips. Before you go to bed, after brushing your teeth, wet the toothbrush with warm water and gently brush over your top lip in circular motions. Then rinse the tooth brush under warm water and do the same with your bottom lip.
Once your done, it'll only take a couple of minutes, apply a thin layer of vaseline on your lips to moisturize, then literally once it's sunk in apply a very thick gooey layer over your lips [make sure you're not going to see anyone before you go to bed haha]
When you wake up in the morning your lips will be feeling soo soft and chap free!

After this, then every now and again you only have to lightly brush your lips and add less vaseline at night to keep them that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->