'little Marc' by Marc Jacobs

droogist said:
But don't you make designer clothes, Lena? Why would you want to encourage stupidity....?

i dont mean 'indie designer clothes' droogist.. :D
i use the term in its popular context, as in status buying uber expensive designer wear :wink:

anyway, lets stay in topic (please)

I've actually never reflected about the contradiction...

I guess you gave a good answer, true to your non-consumerism, not-buying-it-for-the-logo ideal...

Last edited by a moderator:
haha feeling the love prep :heart:

I agree, I wouldn't buy designer for my child unless it was a special occasion and I'd gone a bit mad :shifty:

I'll be interested to see what the whole collection looks like though, thanks for posting Lena :flower:

I was under the assumption that you buy desgner clothing for the quality or individuality it can help personify regarding your appearence...what child bares all this in mind?

Luna said:
Honestly, I think buying designer anything in kids clothes is just plain stupid... Kids grow out of clothes in like 2 seconds.

I think these prices are pretty high for Baby too ... however, often kids' clothes aren't worn by just one kid ... some get passed around for years. My brother had a bunch of darling baby clothes from Neimans courtesy of friends of the family. I imagine these may also be intended more as gifts rather than the basics Mom goes out and buys herself ... (that is, Moms whose kids aren't named after fruit :lol:)

again he leaves me indifferent lol. but if the clothes were inspired by 'his' friends having kids, etc - then perhaps he's doing it for the quirky offbeat triple layered wearing child that doesn't puke. :innocent:

thanks lena for the article :flower: i too found the pictures cute, especially the dog.

softgrey said:
^^...i was thinking the same thing...
and why be on a FASHION forum then...?

Surely fashion isn't only about designer clothes. Isn't it about what we wear, why we care, and what it says about us? Many don't care about it, and I can respect that too.

^ you said it better than i, zazie. i really like the fantasy of clothing and the expression, and i like to shop only when i'm scouring for treasures for sales and then altering and experimenting. i think i've pined, got paint on, or taken a chunk out of almost everything i've worn... so i guess for me, it would be silly to pay a lot for designer clothes, because i'd end up trying to morph it. but i don't mean to offend by saying people are stupid who buy designer clothes. it would be stupid for ME.

Zazie said:
Surely fashion isn't only about designer clothes. Isn't it about what we wear, why we care, and what it says about us? Many don't care about it, and I can respect that too.
no one said fashion is only about designer clothes...
but it is certainly what drives the fashion industry ...

you say many don't care...
care about what?...fashion?...designers?...
of course, it is absolutely fine not to care about fashion and all it's trappings..
but then ...again i ask...why post in this forum?...
it is called 'designers and collections'....
it is ABOUT designer clothing...:P

if you love it and can afford it...
i don't see how buying it can make anyone stupid...
and it would seem rather rude and ignorant to come onto a FASHION forum and call people who buy and wear designer clothing 'stupid'...
if anything ...
they probably are quite the opposite in order to be able to make the kind of living which affords them such luxuries...
:rolleyes:... :innocent:

:flower:...

i don't want to say what i think people who say that here sound like...
but it's a little green monster...:ninja:...

softgrey said:
no one said fashion is only about designer clothes...
but it is certainly what drives the fashion industry ...

you say many don't care...
care about what?...fashion?...designers?...
of course, it is absolutely fine not to care about fashion and all it's trappings..
but then ...again i ask...why post in this forum?...
it is called 'designers and collections'....
it is ABOUT designer clothing...:P

if you love it and can afford it...
i don't see how buying it can make anyone stupid...
and it would seem rather rude and ignorant to come onto a FASHION forum and call people who buy and wear designer clothing 'stupid'...
if anything ...
they probably are quite the opposite in order to be able to make the kind of living which affords them such luxuries...
:rolleyes:... :innocent:

i don't want to say what i think people who say that here sound like...
but it's a little green monster...:ninja:...

i actually disagree w/ this. i think it depends on what you consider good choices. imho, if you can find happiness in less, that takes some insight. the whole thing stemed from taking about fashion as dictating, which it does to some degree. but, i still like fashion for a lot of different reasons, and that's fine if other people like it too...

anyways, the interesting thing about this fashion forum is that for the most part, you can't see anyone. just the little thought bubbles coming out of people's heads. it strips this visual 'barrier' away and something about that is refreshing...from a non- fashion point of view it's an interesting controlled environment to observe...

The little boy with the mohawk is adorable but I know I'd never buy cashmere for my niece. She'd just spit up on it.

But you know, Marc he could always use another line...

travolta said:
i actually disagree w/ this. i think it depends on what you consider good choices. imho, if you can find happiness in less, that takes some insight. the whole thing stemed from taking about fashion as dictating, which it does to some degree. but, i still like fashion for a lot of different reasons, and that's fine if other people like it too...

anyways, the interesting thing about this fashion forum is that for the most part, you can't see anyone. just the little thought bubbles coming out of people's heads. it strips this visual 'barrier' away and something about that is refreshing...from a non- fashion point of view it's an interesting controlled environment to observe...
again...you are talking about it from a NON FASHION point of view...:lol:...
so i guess we're all just guinea pigs in some big science experiment?...
albeit rather stylish guinea pigs...:P...

i don't think your statement above disagrees with what i said travolta if you look at what i actually said...which is that you can't really be stupid and be rather successful at the same time....that is a very hard trick to pull off...

i am not talking about lifestyle choices..which is what you seem to be referring to...i am talking about the statement that buying designer clothing is stupid...
saying it is not your thing or how you choose to spend whatever money you have is one thing...but saying it is stupid is just nonsense...imo...
especially given that we are on a forum called designers and collections...

anyway...this is way off topic...so i will let it lie... :wink:
^_^

I'd probably pick up a piece or two if I saw it on the sale rack (after I snag my rich husband and have his baby).

not.

actually, because we are speaking about designer baby clothes, which is adorable, but really pretty ridiculous...i think it's fine to question why people would go so far. besides, i'm sure it will be balanced out by lots of "that's so cute!" hey, i'll say that without even seeing it.

you were saying that people who are successful must be pretty smart. i guess i'm defining smart as being insightful. you can be successful and still be a foolish person and be unhappy...just as anyone..to me wealth doesn't mean someone 'get's it.'

it was a knee jerk reaction for me to agree that buying designer clothes is stupid. and hey, i'm sure a lot of people could slip and say that. and i think it's fine if someone comes in and says they disagree w/ the whole thing...i mean, it's just their point of view.

congratulations...and i just stated mine...
are we done yet?...

:lol:

#54 Have to agree with Softgrey.... :flower:

My little 5 year old gets designer clothes from her two very fashionable grandmothers. One lives in the States, the other in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warholy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->