Liu Wen

Are people still even watching this? :unsure:

Yes! It's still the most watched show in its timeslot apparently, and each episode has been getting an average of over 20 million views on Iqiyi after they're uploaded. It's pretty impressive, actually.

I also believe Liu Wen and Siwon have been the #1 Hot Trending topic on Weibo for the last three Sunday evenings. A lot of screenshots of those have been floating around their fan accounts :lol:

BTS new upcoming work with Benjamin Puckey & Geraldine Holford...

Plus I'm not sure if this other piece that I read (via Weibo) was related/directed to the above. But it said that Liu is returning to a brand that she has appeared on before (and I don't think it was referring to La Perla). I don't think we should hold our breath for this one though...

*shrugs and just gonna wait*​

It's probably H&M , most F/W campaigns must have been done months ago, only H&M shoots 4 or more ads for every season​

^ Yeah it might be for a commercial job. Below is another shot.

instagram/benjaminpuckey

Me!!!!!!!!!! Lol I'm still loving it and I never want it to end, I'll be so sad when it's over.
I honestly think it's real and I've seen the Korean version as well and that is so much more obviously scripted and cheesy. Obviously there is some stuff in this version that is scripted too I'll admit but I think that a lot of it is very real. :smile:

I want to believe it (because of Liu Wen, but darn it she could just be acting too :lol:), but I'm not entirely sold on Siwon's part...

Just hopefully the Chinese version doesn't start to look like WGM (even though they have the same elements)... it'll start to lose that spark and it'll be just another WGM.

Yes! It's still the most watched show in its timeslot apparently, and each episode has been getting an average of over 20 million views on Iqiyi after they're uploaded. It's pretty impressive, actually.

I also believe Liu Wen and Siwon have been the #1 Hot Trending topic on Weibo for the last three Sunday evenings. A lot of screenshots of those have been floating around their fan accounts :lol:

That's a lot. Impressive numbers indeed.

Just wonder why viewers enjoy this. And who they are tuning in to watch, other than the two couple, is it for Liu or Siwon or both...

It's probably H&M , most F/W campaigns must have been done months ago, only H&M shoots 4 or more ads for every season

It's a shooting for Esprit. After all is the bunny going to be part of the campaign? Looking forward. :lol:^_^

instagram/betmaleck

Here on the job. Believe this is still for Esprit as in day 2/3... not sure, but she's in a different robe.

How good of a player is Liu? Have seen her play ping pong in multiple pictures before...

sina/liuwenlw

Also does anyone know what's the meaning behind 'forever16'? It's hashtagged on most pictures of the couple...

TIA!

^16 is pronounced "shi-liu" in Chinese, the same as "shi liu"/pomegranate, their couple name on the show :smile:

It's a shooting for Esprit. After all is the bunny going to be part of the campaign? Looking forward. :lol:^_^

instagram/betmaleck

Esprit? Boring. They must have paid her a lot of money for her to take this low profile job.

^ Esprit, H&M, Madewell, J. Crew and NEXT co. are the jobs that are paying Liu's bill at the end of the day. I and other members here understand that these commercial jobs aren't blue-chip (and we are not necessarily content)... but yeah, one does wonder whether this is what Liu wants, as in financial stability and security in the long-run... Or these are what's available and she's just taking advantage of them. Plus, Liu has been working for these FIVE brands for years. I mean years and years. Not sure if Liu wants to part ways with the relationship she had already developed. I mean could you envision Liu being a diva and say, 'um, no, I refuse to do these silly commercial jobs - they're beneath me...'? :ermm:

Just a hunch! And yeah, at least we know Liu won't be broke.

^16 is pronounced "shi-liu" in Chinese, the same as "shi liu"/pomegranate, their couple name on the show :smile:

Thanks! That makes so, so much sense. And of course, they ought to have an official nickname for the couple. Cute.

Plus I'm not sure if this other piece that I read (via Weibo) was related/directed to the above. But it said that Liu is returning to a brand that she has appeared on before (and I don't think it was referring to La Perla). I don't think we should hold our breath for this one though...

It's probably H&M...

It's a shooting for Esprit.

Sorry OllieJE, I think you were referring to the other job - which I quickly jumped and declared it's for Esprit. Not sure if it was directed at Esprit. So that other piece could also be for H&M. Don't know but just wanted to clarify this!

And ping pong Liu in post #759 may be for UK Bazaar? All these candid BTS work were released around the same time plus that one info. on Weibo... So we've two/three things to look forward to. Plus the one with Edita in Italy (most likely it's for Esprit too). Among other things that we don't know yet!

Shooting for Bazaar UK with Victor Dermarchelier... sounds like an OG edit, no?

The beautiful @liuwenlw - thank you for a great shoot today for @bazaaruk with #victordemarchelier.
(love your #sacai shirt too!) ❤️​

instagram/sophiebloomfield

^ Specifically it might be for a beauty editorial...

Plus Liu is back in London! Have no idea why she's there again.
It's work, work and more work for her it seems...
Looking forward!

instagram/liuwenlw

+ preview :smile:lol: that's all I have)...

weibo/jstvwmxab

RENWU MAGAZINE CHINA MAY 2015
'The Chosen Ones'
Interviewer: Wang Jingjing
Ph: Mei Yuan Gui

chuansong.me, sina/fashionmodels, xiaojichimi.com

^ It was said that the cover is an older picture a while back. As for that ed picture, it might be new... not sure. All these I haven't seen before, not sure about you guys. However Liu was interviewed in the article. So it's definitely something new being featured.

COVERS

Since it's July we will be looking forward to the next six months whether Liu will receive more covers or not.
If I gathered all of them correctly, Liu has 10 covers thus far...

made by me courtesy of: artpartner.com, chuansong.me, elitebarcelonablog.es, facebook/thesingaporewomensweekly, fashiongonerogue.com, hairbrained.me, prtimes.jp, sina.com, sina/fashionmodels, ruifier.com

Looking at Liu's covers thus far we can see that her list is quite diverse actually -
ranging from high-fashion, commercial, indie publications to non-fashion magazines.
That's great for her to cover all area of the spectrum.
+ we get a visual of the variety of looks of Liu, so thanks to those who made these possible!

Now, what we are really missing is a Vogue cover that is OG...

^ Whoops I missed a cover. Liu has eleven covers instead.

This was also recent. Appears Liu is working with a spanish publication too...

instagram/almudenagg

And if I read it correctly, Liu traveled from NYC to Beijing to S. Korea (where she went to Siwon's concert?)
and then shoot for a campaign in Hong Kong in a matter of a week?

Anyway her third F/W 15 campaign should be Staccato.
Perhaps that was the Weibo message that alluded to?

weibo/liuwen

Preview or just happened, don't know what it's about...
haven't caught up with the latest episodes.

instagram/smile199109

PREVIEWS!

There are more shots but here's a sneak peek at the lookbook - La Perla F/W 2015:

+ a welcome return to GAP

all weibo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->