Long Dresses S/S 07

a lot of people have been saying they're too short to pull it off or that you need to be tall to pull it off. what would you guys say the min. height would be to truly pull off a maxi dress? :blink:

I wonder if I will look stumpy in a long flowing dress...I'm only 5'5'' and I'm not sure about that..they're soo pretty..I might just go for it.

Nicole Richie is pretty short and looks great in floor length long dresses. I think it's just a matter of picking a shape and pattern that doesn't overwhelm you if you are petite. I don't think anyone is too short for a long dress.

^That's good to know, thank you for the advice :flower:
I guess I have to research which style looks best on me

So in your view, CHEAPandCHIC, someone like former WWE wrestler, Stacy Keibler's legs (41 or so inches), would fit in nicely with these dresses, but a petite like Kylie Minogue or somebody wouldn't look too good with these dresses?

The dress girleen posted in Post #78 looks more like a formal dress. With a different sort of fabric (like silk or velvet), one would swear this is a formal-type dress. I'd have to see it in something like black or white to appreciate it a little more. I have no problem with that Chocolate Brown color. Just that I think it could be a true semi-formal dress. I don't know if I'd go to the point of saying that you could walk along the sandy beaches at Malibu with casual sandals by day, then dress up with formal dress shoes by night with this dress. But if you're willing to try with that dress or a similar one, go right ahead. ;-)

I think you can wear the long dress if you're shorter if you're careful and you have the right proportions and the right dress. On that note I went out shopping the other day and I noticed a lot of floor-length casual dresses. Yea!

these are officialy trend overkill in my town .. 99% of girls are wearing them out in town .. litterally e very girl with either towering wedges or gladiatior sandels

For people who think short people can't wear long dresses both Haydnen Panitierre and Nicole Richie barely clear 5-ft tall and wear long dresses very well.

from superior pics and buzzphoto
zhaydenpanettierebrwndrps0.jpg
zhaydenrumoryellowbuds8ut6.jpg

from nicole-fan and zeemix.aufminen

znrnicolefankr5.jpg
znicolewhitezeemixaufmijl2.jpg

It can look ok on some, but it's a NO GO for me.:neutral:

I really love those J Crew ones...

Vitamin A actually has those long dresses in every color imaginable:
f_24_5.jpg

swimsuit.jpg

Pic from vitaminainc.com and bestswimwear.com

i like how nicole is wearing a denim vest with her maxi dress in post #89.
very cute.

as much as i like mini dresses...long dresses are easier to wear.
i have a wild colorful "splotches of paint" kind of long dress and that is only good for special occasions. i need a something lighter and softer.

i prefer long skirts rather than dresses. i find long dresses to be too evening wear. since it's hard to find nice long skirts or dresses, im thinking of making my own long skirt. no offence to those who posted pictures(thanks to everyone who did), i find them to be un-inspirational. def. not wanting to go for the boho thing...

very funny...nicole worn her dress with a vest, i worn my dress with a vest. i do think long dresses look nice with a loose vest

i like nicole richie's white dress in post #89. does anyone know where that dress is from?

I fail to see how these long dresses wouldn't catch on. I'm a fan of ladies bearing their legs in short sundresses as well as miniskirts. However, long dresses can be just as fun an as airy. I'm not particularly fond of gladiator sandals, but I do think anything from some flip-flops all the way to espadrilles and peep-toe pumps (remember I'm not fond of flat and low-heel peep-toe shoes). You could try sneakers with certain long dresses, but I likely wouldn't do so if I were a femme. My former Humanities teacher didn't wear a long dress, but a long jumper. She paired them with these lovely espadrilles.

By all means, try finding some shoes or sandals that would best suit dresses like the ones in this thread. After all, part of the fun of fashion is experimentation, right? It's like building a sports team. Putting the best team together and making all the units gel together is key to a team winning championships. Just ask the 2006 San Antonio Spurs, the 2006 Indianapolis Colts, or my 2006 Houston Dynamo (MLS). Anyways, you have many choices on how to dress up wearing your long dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->