quite very commercial looks from LV :heart:

i find this collection very well styled and as said before,
one of the best MJ ever signed by Jacobs LV to date
and one expected to 'influence' mass production trends
in a great way :flower:

00080f.jpg

00060f.jpg

00040f.jpg

you might as well just post the link...the entire collection was so good, you'd have to post the whole thing...bit of a nod to vivenne westwood (who i :heart: ) :lol:

i agree that the styling was great- alex white styled the show...i think she is the best stylist/editor in the business today...she has just become the fashion director of W mag...fyi...

and...I LOVE THOSE BAGS!!!!!! ...it's the first time i have ever wanted an lv bag in my life!!! i want one of each in every colour!!!!

and don't even get me started on the shoes....there's not enough room in my closet!!!! :lol:

SIGH :rolleyes: :heart:

lena-i agree that the hair and make-up was also strong

LV and I rarely see eye-to-eye and this collection is no exception. :unsure:

Okay, just when I thought that the Autumn/Winter 2004 season was going to be a complete and utter disappointment, along comes Marc for LV.

I cannot believe how gorgeous this collection is! Every single piece! I haven't seen the bags yet, so I cannot comment on those (although from what I hear they are gorgeous :heart:), but so far this is the one Marc for LV collection that I can honestly say that doesn't have one piece that I truly dislike.

YES!!!

i was also surprised by the strength of this collection, and yes you are right softgrey.. almost all of it is close to brilliant (anyway for the LV ladies)

it was only when i started archiving this that i realised its strength (hence all the photo posting.. i just couldnt stop..) :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 1:27 pm
i was also surprised by the strength of this collection, and yes you are right softgrey.. almost all of it is close to brilliant (anyway for the LV ladies)

it was only when i started archiving this that i realised its strength (hence all the photo posting.. i just couldnt stop..) :flower:
i understand lena...i'm getting a little obssessed with this collection...it actually reminds me of a disney fairy tale..the snow on the runway and all the little capelets...it was like a modern day fairy princess story...

doesn't this remind you of snow white?.... :heart:

now all we need is prince charming to ride up..maybe wearing demelemeester (those boots :rolleyes: swoon) or cloak... :flower:

wait!!!..i think helmut lang may have stolen his horse to make shoes.... :unsure:

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very girly collection for Louis Vuitton.

There are nice pieces here and there and to my surprise Marc Jacobs here is unusually attentive to tailoring and form (as evidenced in the sharp pencil skirts and the exquisitely cut waists), but the overall styling is ugly. The accessories (shoes, bags) are extremely tacky as silly capes or scarfs hang over an otherwise lovely ensemble. The makeup is especially horrendous. The dark-red lips and blush do nothing on the more square-faced models (i.e. Isabeli Fontana, Guinvess [sp], Anouck Lepere, and Karen Elson).

This is a nice grown-up look:
00060f.jpg
00040f.jpg

The plaids work here:
00110f.jpg
00380f.jpg

MJ should take it down a notch on the black coats. The black coats worn by Stam and Anne V would look much better without the fur hanging there.

Would look much better without the girly capes:
00120f.jpg
00210f.jpg

00300f.jpg

Really great collection - have read the comments and have to disagree with some and to say think the bags are great, o.k. they are not as obvious as some of the previous few seasons but thats what makes them so much more desirable - Vuitton bags that are cool and interesting I think thats new

The tartan plaid coat with the ermine is heavenly :wub: :clap: I don't wear fur but in my opinion that is the best item of the whole collection. The rest of it I can honestly do without...

i love plaids... but not when used in this manner...

first the season of gold... and now gold & plaid? yikes! :o :wacko: :o

everyone looks like a tart/ strumpet? isn't this supposed to be louis vuitton? i don't get it.

and the girls' hips are too narrow in most of the outfits... the proportions are all wrong.... :wacko:

i wonder if marc got his inspiration from the film: Irma la Douce w/ shirley macclaine and jack lemon?

:huh: Not really impressed by this collection ..certainly not the bags :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->