Louis Vuitton A/Winter 2004 Paris

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Mar 10th, 2004 - 10:39 am
i love plaids... but not when used in this manner...

first the season of gold... and now gold & plaid? yikes!  :o  :wacko:  :o

everyone looks like a tart/ strumpet? isn't this supposed to be louis vuitton? i don't get it.

and the girls' hips are too narrow in most of the outfits... the proportions are all wrong....  :wacko:

i wonder if marc got his inspiration from the film: Irma la Douce w/ shirley macclaine and jack lemon?
irma la douce is a GREAT film...but that's french tarte, not highland princess...i think he got a lot of inspiration from vivenne westwoods original punk look... :flower:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Mar 11th, 2004 - 2:04 pm
How do I spell post mod-ern i-ro-nee let me count the ways:
i didnt realize that the straps werent really there on that bag... :o

from Reuters :flower:

PARIS (Reuters) - Fashion and music have never been more closely linked, a fact underlined on Sunday when American designer Marc Jacobs unveiled his autumn-winter collection for Louis Vuitton inspired by White Stripes drummer Meg White.
Even as singers from Beyonce Knowles to Gwen Stefani launch their own clothing lines, the raven-haired White has spawned legions of imitators who dress in her Gothic uniform of red, white and black.
With the White Stripes hit "Seven Nation Army" blasting over the speakers, models paraded down a fake snow catwalk encased in blocks of real ice wearing red tartan coats, bustled skirts and fur stoles with a vintage Victorian feel.
A white sheared mink jacket topped a blood red velvet dress set off by a velvet choker with tiny hearts dangling from gold chains. A moss green bustier dress with a tiered ruffle skirt was topped with an ermine stole.
Vuitton this year celebrates its 150th anniversary with business booming thanks to a series of hit accessories like the cult Murakami bag, which :shock: generated $300 million in sales alone.
Next autumn, the house's monogram luggage will be available in decadent mink or carpet fabric printed with padlocks and chains in a wink to :blink: surrealist designer Elsa Schiaparelli.
"I loved it. I thought the detail was great, very romantic," said :heart: Anita Pallenberg, former partner of Rolling Stone Keith Richards, who shared cigarettes in the front row with her old friend :heart: Marianne Faithfull(news).
She said some of the outfits reminded her of eccentric British designer Vivienne Westwood :innocent: , who started fashion's love affair with music back in the 1970s with her bondage-inspired creations for the Sex Pistols punk band.

[Q]Next autumn, the house's monogram luggage will be available in decadent mink or carpet fabric printed with padlocks and chains in a wink to surrealist designer Elsa Schiaparelli. [/Q]

hmmmm, i wonder what its gonna look like...MINK? with padlocks & chains in a wink?

hm...we will have to see :innocent:

I attended the show and I liked in no way, it was a mixture of smart lady and eccentric :wacko:
The American designer drew up an a little more experimental portrait of the smart lady advanced in his last eponymic collection
I do not like this style except this look

Originally posted by Fujyn@Mar 12th, 2004 - 12:50 pm
I attended the show and I liked in no way, it was a mixture of smart lady and eccentric :wacko:
The American designer drew up an a little more experimental portrait of the smart lady advanced in his last eponymic collection
I do not like this style except this look
i wish i had been at the show, because i, in fact, adored it...i am truly a punk at heart, but i have grown up and love beautiful, ladylike things...with this show, marc gave me everything i could have dreamed of...this collection will make me go broke :blush:

i can understand why the typical lv customer might not love this show, but i'm sure when the pieces are pulled apart, it will be less 'eccentric'. what i think is great, is that marc is now able to attract a whole new customer who wouldn't have touched lv before...he's made it 'cool'...now downtown girls as well as uptown girls can wear it...

i am still in shock...i LIKED something by marc jacobs :lol:

at leats they havent lost their touch with the bags and shoes

03.23.04LouisVuitton36.jpg

Looky looky.. a bag to match the aforementioned scarf.. :ninja:

After seeing the whole collection, I would describe it as "Tarty Tartan". I'm not sure why that comes to mind, but I can see the Irma la Douce comparison. It's probably a combination of the real prim and proper tartan plaids and poofy skirts with the way the girls look and the tight little dresses. That said, I didn't realy like this collection. First off, I don't like plaids. Second, I know the whole lady-like theme is going strong in fashion right now, but I'm kind of sick of it. The frilly lace trimmings, the little capelettes.....there was just a granny quality to it. But, I did like the idea of juxtaposing something very traditional and something very new and hip. I was just dissappointed after his last few collections, this was kind of a let down.

However, I did like these two looks (the second one, sans shoes)

just want to say that this is officially my fave show this season... :heart: :blush:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 11th, 2004 - 4:53 pm
irma la douce is a GREAT film...but that's french tarte, not highland princess...i think he got a lot of inspiration from vivenne westwoods original punk look... :flower:
I definitely see a lot of Vivienne Westwood here.. but as I said somewhere else, too much tartan for me.. :innocent:

too much tartan indeed, still done in a clever way

not exactly my fave for the season but i found this collection to be highly 'influencial'

I really like Marc Jacob's collections for Louis Vuitton. Having seen this collection in store, I can't get over how luxurious but still wearable everything is. Some of the tartan pieces from the runway are a bit over the top for me, but that doesn't make them any less fun to look at.

I adore this skirt:
http://www.***************/image/0308200412563827.jpg

that scarf is awful.

i'm impressed with collection, i love the burgandy colors and other color combinations. i usually over look LV RTW.

I like that last outfit and I like the old one that was posted. The all in white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->