Louis Vuitton S/S 11 Paris

When Marc Jacobs is good, he's so good. When he's bad, he's really bad and this is no different. This collection is an absolute 180 degree change from the beautiful Fall 2010 collection. This is so tacky, I can't even imagine what the ad campaign will look like.

After the sophistication and lady like style of last season......i expected more from Louis Vuitton. That was tacky tack tack!!

I agree! I was so excited to see what they'd come up with this season.
All I could think of when I was viewing the stream was the bee gees song tragedy :yuk:

Looks like I'm against the grain again to say that I actually like quite a number of pieces from this collection, much more than the "New Look" FW collection which I found to be frumpy and clumsy. He isn't the best at cutting or shaping, as is obvious from the badly fitted pieces but he's wisely stuck to a sleek, long silhouette and channeled a lot of the more flamboyant YSL DNA - the clash of colours, the animal, Chinoiserie, 70s disco glam. He's better at some of those memes than the others, but the matching accessories will definitely become cult items, and I wonder if the gold and lacquer red make-up could signal a LV venture into maquillage?

Grrr. Go eastern 70's disco louche glitter tiger you. Care for some other line you animal you. You speedy cat you. Meow meow get out your claws and trip out on a colourfest kaleidoscope in your lace look hot pants and your clingy long wet look shimmer sheer gown you. That animal print top in the closing look appeared almost painted on, dripping wet.

Think it's tacky. Well maybe. Sometimes tacky is cool. Sometimes you just have to let go and have a little fun, paint your face and flick your hair and party like you just don't care. Grrr.

I didn't get the soundtrack. I wanted banging tunes, some trancey clappy house as my aural accompaniment or maybe -

Cause it's Louis Vuitton Don night
So we gon' do everything that TenVen like
Heard they do anything for a klondike
Well I'll do anything for a blonde ****
And she'll do anything for the limelight
And we'll do anything when the times right
Uh baby you're making it harder, better, faster, stronger.

---

Met her at a beauty salon
With a baby Louis Vuitton under her arm
She said I can tell that you rock
I can tell by ya charm
Far as girls you got a flock
I can tell by ya charm and ya arm
but I'm lookin' for the one
have you seen her?

***edit: profanity***

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, very similar what her did in NY and it reminds me very strong at Etro F/W 10/11.

first thought: Wow, this is cool. Very fun and lively vibe. 20's.
Second thought: WTF is that? Is it a real cloth can be worn out on streets?
Third thought: So, LV girl is just all over the place. Last season was perfect!
Fourth thought: Overall, tackiness at it best!

So this is what happens when Marc has a middle life crisis.

at least this fan looks good? lol

tumblr_l9vgtw7Ilf1qa214go1_500.jpg

daylife.com

I actually like many of the pieces. I think when you break the outfits down and ignore the styling, the collection is actually super-wearable. I'm loving all the sweaters and most of the tops. And I'm a sucker for kimonos and Asian-inspired details.

The full-on animal prints are where he lost me, but even then I like some of the pieces. *shrugs*

I was watching the live stream at the media lecture and I wanted to scream when the show started:lol:.. it was so weird... especially that giraffe blazer and pants.. oh my.. what has happened to Marc. Last LV collection was so pretty and sophisticated and it was just hideous and tacky. Some pieces may be even nice, but the majoriti looked really bad.

I only liked about 2 or 3 looks, but I was not expecting this. It's not that very good as there's too much shine. A little more matte would have been nice.

OMG - I'm so sad. : (

I'm trying like this but i can't is impossible.

Well... Didn't love it 100%, but didn't dislike it 100%... Love the kitsch feeling, very Jacobs, and yes... Some of it feels a tiny bit tacky. But we've seen worst xD

is that zebra top bodypaint?

***edit: model talk***

lol i went like ' interesting print... oh wait is that a panda?'

answering myself, im pretty sure that's bodypaint

daylife.com

This being my first live streaming of Spring/Summer, I enjoyed it. I kinda liked the soundtrack as well, felt very fitting.
For me, there was some disastrous looks. But then once you brake it down, there's some nice pieces.

I'm still hung up on the F/W collection, personally. It was beautiful and this seems worlds apart. I'm anticipating the detail shots, the fabrics looked interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->