Louis Vuitton F/W 2021.22 Paris

I like this collection, it's really good and full of energy. The collaboration with Fornasetti is also a strong point here, even if it's sometimes too literal. However, I have a problem with the shape of some skirts, they are too weird to be flattering. The rest, especially the simpler and sharper pieces, is pretty awesome.

MAS really should retire for a few years to try to find back her mojo... It's literally impossible to spot a great piece when everything looks so busy, so distracting.

My eyes hurt. There's barely any proportions or fits that work for me, the whole collection is completely over- and underwhelming at the same time.

Look 18 is probably the best of this collection, IMO, I also think he has some interesting ideas but failed to execute them. As a result, this collection looks like an failing experimentation of ideas.

I really enjoyed it! I think it was really great. It was POP!, the casting was great. Usually, I have an issue with the styling but this time it worked for me and the multiple references dear to NG mixed quite well together.

I don’t hate this. I like most of it honestly, but some looks have me really disappointed that someone thought they were chic. (The pockets on Signe’s jumper for example)

I do really appreciate the change in direction from the 80s influence.

I enjoyed everything after the 1st look up until the last 3-4 dresses. Definitely a significant improvement from S/S 2021. The outerwear is very interesting (although some pieces remind me of Rick Owens) I would also agree @SRank that MAS should lay low and recharge herself because her styling is just terrible, the first look is a choice!

Let's see how much of this does not sell! :lol:

I love this. MAS’ styling is still too unnecessarily complicated sometimes but this collection is more easily digestible. As always the outwear is one of the strongest of the season.

Woah, that's a lot to digest. Some of the outerwear look good and interesting. I like the pants in look #19. However, I'm really not into the slouchy tulle skirts, the balloon outerwear, the high boots and the cloaks either. He sure has a thing for super low waisted stuff, too.
Is it his boldest collection so far?

There are many good pieces here, but MAS's styling is sensory overload.

For me everything is so ugly. Horrible footwear, shapeless outerwear, those ugly prints matched together...
I look more stylish when I go to do my laundry or take out the trash.

I do really appreciate the change in direction from the 80s influence.

What change? :blink:

I second the resemblance to Rick Owens' collections from about 5-10 years ago - especially with the straight-cut tunics and weird bubble skirts below, which oddly enough, do work. Still, Rick's strength had always been that his proposals, no matter how out-there the silhouettes seemed at the time, were grounded in relative purity of execution whereas Nicolas' Vuitton shows feel busy due to the clashing nature of color, print and embellishment. I've said it before and I'll repeat it again, but a bit more simplifed and streamlined pieces would help to carry the message better what this collection is about.

I love this. The styling was not so busy as usual and I will be always here for it when you give me bags without the monogram.

I have to say I really miss the Louvre. Love the presentation but shouldn't have choose the song from the iconic SS 2008 show. Nicolas isn't a showman even with just a simple runway Marc show is still more seductive.

I love this. The last collection I love from LV is the resort show in Japan. Some of the skirts remind me of his Balenciaga time. The outerwears is really strong and desirable. Nicolas always referencing the past decades but he still knows how to modernize the clothes so it doesn't look like a historical costumes, you can always wear it today. I love the way he intergrade the Louvre elements into the clothes and accessories, He finally have fun with the prints.

MAS need to chill tho, I don't get her desire to complicate the outfits that already look good on their own. Her obsession with layering every single item into one look need to stop. And I don't get their need to create the ugliest shoes every season. Is it a petty competition with Demna to see who have the ugliest shoes.

I have never liked a Vuitton by Ghesquiere collection like this before.
I don't know if my need for a real Fashion fix has obfuscated my judgement over the sea of blandness we have all witnessed in the last few weeks (Rick is always an exception, though) so as to make me like what I normally wouldn't.
Plus, I still have all my reserves about Nicolas's fit at LV and I do not disagree with those here who complain about MAS's messy styling, but: there is energy here and panache and a taste for experimenting with shapes that has been missing from NG's work all too often, as of late. Apart from the styling, taken singularly, most pieces are amazing and the Fornasetti bags are sooo gonna fly out of the shelves...it's surprising it took Nicolas to realise what a good match the LV/F co-branding is.

As an ending to the fashion month, this could not have been more optimistic.

In some funny twist of events, I end up watching the collection at the store while picking a piece from his SS21 collection...

It’s weird to realize that it’s Fashion week in this very non-fashion week times in Paris.

That being said, the collection was really great. When I saw the first look, I wasn’t too pleased because I expected less styling (like in the SS21) and I’m kinda generally fed up by their (Nicolas and MAS) layering game...

But, the lightness of the fabrics and the familiarity of the silhouettes/looks/pieces made it more digestible.

Essentially, Nicolas looked back his archives from Balenciaga and Vuitton, pumped up the volumes, mixed the colors and created a mess that...Works!

The boots are from the fall 2004 collection, some of the silhouettes and even the parachute-like fabrics echoed that collection, the very light (bleached?) denim are from his FW2002 collection, the bubble skirts echoed the FW2006 classic-inspired Balenciaga dresses, some silhouettes and prints are reminiscent of his older Vuitton collection.

The video was very dynamic and while the photos don’t necessarily do justice to the whole thing, when analyzing each look, there are some very exceptional and desirable pieces.

The other day, one friend told me that his theory is that Nicolas does clothes for « collectionneuses ». Balenciaga was almost niche and some women devoted themselves to the silhouettes and to his work.
Vuitton is mass and it feels like he wants those true fashion lovers to find gems in the sea of bags, logos and products...

And I liked that theory. It’s not as easy to wear as SS2020 but the pleasure to have strong pieces will be the same.

That being said, I feel bad for the stylists because there’s a lot of food to work with but they will be limited with the full look policies....
Let's see how much of this does not sell! :lol:
Let’s see...Even if I already have my eyes on some pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->