Louis Vuitton Resort 2020 New York

It’s really upsetting to see these kinds of overwrought heavy garments coming from one of my favorite designers :( he talked of the “jet-set heyday of travel” at this gorgeous airport I was hoping for something retro 60’s in design (like his Balenciaga fall 2005 show, or even Fall 2010) but he seems so hung up on these tacky 80’s getups (and this is coming from someone who loves the 80’s)

I wonder if maybe he’ll do something more glamorous for his namesake label when it debuts, but sadly I think he’s moved on from it :(

I need to see the video but omg this is major.

Nicolas May finally Be hitting his stride and have found his voice at Vuitton.

The asymmetric pointy skirts and tops had a brief moment of old Nicholas focus and magic. But the rest is just a blur of undesirable product. Also, where are the good accessories.

Reactions: Sai
Who is he targeting with this collection? (and the previous ones). I don't even think that the affluent millennials can digest this no matter how promiscuous their buying decisions for luxury.

This is fabulous! This is major!
I love this collection...
So much attitude, so much fun. A glamorous, strong conquerer who’s ready to take the world.
When you get your contract renewed and the numbers are great, you can do this kind of things.

While I love the wardrobe approach of his early Vuitton collections, I find this new chapter very interesting because it’s very familiar (he has done variations of the 80’s many times in his career) and yet different. It’s very excessive and practical at the same time.

The section of the collection that start with the pinstripes dresses and end with the red jersey dress is total perfection and already has a place in my wardrobe right now.
There are so many great pieces, so many great accessories!
There are options, there are ideas...
The trickiest pieces are totally made to order but this has a great potential.

With this collection and the previous one, Nicolas won me! It’s great to see his repertoire evolving into something that can still surprise and excite me! Amazing!

I like this collection! Lately, I've fallen more and more in love with Ghesquière's vision/direction for Louis Vuitton because I'm finally seeing the cohesion in this collection and among the previous collections as well.

Love it..it is 80's mixed with FF8 (set design is Balamb Garden, the soundtrack is the one at the beginning of the game with Squall fighting Seifer, the looks are so close to the SeeD uniforms) .

He mixed a reference that few will not even try with another very heavy visually - the 80s.

Well done!!

I don’t even know what to make of these clothes anymore.

They’re so tricky, so heavy, so complicated, so tacky...

That's the feeling I get whenever I see Nicolas' LV or Galliano's Margiela. They are obviously clothes that are heavy on references, technique, research but there's just so much to take in, it gets confusing and overwhelming.

The simpler, tailored pieces like the pinstripe blazers or the trousers with the cutout hem are the only highlights here. Everything else looks like 80s clutter piled on top of each other, a perfect continuation from F/W.

What shocked me most though, is how LV ambassadors look like in the clothes. These are supposedly the people hired to make the products more desirable and appealing for real customers...clearly not the case here. :shock:

jennifer-connelly-louis-vuitton-cruise-2020-fashion-show-in-nyc-05-08-2019-0.jpg

celebmafia.com

Intellectual camp? I'd take it if it was the first time I had seen this from his but it isn't.

And everyone thought it would be Michele who would design himself in a corner. The tragedy of the situation is that these collections are so profitable that it would be nearly impossible for him to go into a new direction now.

Love how he played with Art Deco and the 80s this time! I thought that would be great if some of these looks were at Met Gala, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->