Luella S/S 10 London

ahh it looks like this is gonna make up for last season already!

Sugar and spice and all things nice - Luella indulged our every girlish whim this morning so that next season we'll be in dresses of peach, yellow, powder blue or black with sweetheart necklines - or heart-shaped cutouts over the décolletage - and cap sleeves.

Pulled in at the waist, they featured exaggerated hips, while double breasted coats of bright coral wool had sweet rounded collars which ran with the Minnie Mouse feel implied by top knots encircled with stiff PVC bows.

As ever with Luella, the humour stops her collections from becoming saccharine and, while the stiff cocoon dresses of tightly gathered netting - one strapless pink one and the final look, white with black polka dots - won't be to everybody's taste, the matching net swimming caps are bound to take off with the die hard Luella fans.

Blue-on-blue rose prints - that reappeared as yellow on white - added a more sophisticated turn, while tailored black long shorts and high waisted polka dot trousers served as options for Luella tomboys.

An easy silhouette that made for pretty skirt suits - one pink one with darker pink petals embroidered across it - and quirky stiff puffball dresses - and there were some seriously desirable woven patent leather bags if the rest of it was just too girly.

If the huge cheer at the end wasn't enough to persuade Luella of our approval, Anna Wintour in the front row surely leaves no doubt.
vogue.com

*prays its as awesome as we all know Luella is*

(and that it makes up for last season's debacle)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Sounds to have a lot more personality and direction than last season!

aaaahhh. the first set looks like my mothers wardrobe in the early 1960's. adorable

She is the queen of cute mini dresses :crush: . If they ever decided to bring back Mary Quant, she'd be so perfect for it.

This just has pound signs flying off it. I know generally she's a commercial designer, but this is just going to be so easy to sell I'd imagine.

Very cute, I like it.

844284f00abf.jpg
f529f458ca83.jpg
4ae6096f4d68.jpg

getty

i don't really like too much of it so far :/ way better than leason though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgabes8