Luella S/S 10 London

I can't get over how dated some of the pieces look. It's one thing to be inspired by the 1960s and another to have your pieces look like they came from a time machine.

I love everything Luella does. The spring collection last year wasn't my favorite, but I love this. The black number with Ali Michael in makes me want to wear it to prom or something like that.

I always preffer Luella's S/S collections to the F/W ones.I really want to get the little floral white/yellow dress with the heart shape on the front

Luella is closing! Terrible news, I can't believe it. It's one of my all time favourite labels!

I went to Uni with someone who works there. They've known it was coming for quite some time. They've spent a great deal of time trying to find investors but had little luck because of their financial situation.

Luella Bartley announced this morning that her Luella label was to cease trading. Just 7 weeks after its spring summer 2010 label wowed London Fashion Week, drawing Alexa Chung to its front row, the brand’s global licensee, Club 21, has pulled its investment in the British label. This comes a month after the factory that produced Luella’s ready-to-wear collections closed leaving the brand unable to fulfill its spring 2010 orders. In a statement, Bartley said, “this is a very disappointing situation for everyone involved with the brand…I very much appreciate the support that VSQ (the subsidiary of Club 21) has given me, but it is upsetting not to be able to protect jobs in this difficult economic climate.” Bartley added: “We have a number of options open to us, and are considering these over the coming months.” Bartley won Designer of the Year at last year’s British Fashion Awards and it was business-as-usual last night as she launched the Christmas windows at Liberty.
Elle UK

Hopefully they'll find another investor soon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->